2 changes to Paladins really need

90 Human Paladin
Mobility -
I'd recommend buffing Long Arm to last 4-5 seconds instead of three. Without Burden of guilt, this talent isn't as effective. Pursuit of Justice should also stack on top of any normal speed boost you have (Like the Pandaren Step enchant)

Defense -
Make Hand of protection so it can only be put on an allies, not self cast. In return, allow us to cast Divine Protection in a fear/stun/disarm (like from a shadow priest) and/or allow devotion aura to be included on Unbreakable Spirit/Clemency.

A damage buff isn't a huge concern, but buff our damage to 22-25% instead of 30.

With those two changes, I think Ret will no longer be consider "squishy" and a first target, also, with the devotion aura buff, you'll bring more utility to your team.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The mobility change I would like to see is to let hand of freedom make us immune to grip.

The amount of grip effects in the game have increase quite a bit. Grip doesn't fall into the "movement impairment" category like snares and roots, but I think it should. When I get pulled 40 yards in the opposite direction that I want to go... that is more than impairment. If I was rooted I would have 0 movement, with grip I have a net -40 yrds.

If it means that life grip would not work, so be it. I can't tell you how many times at low health I have juked into a position where I can get my big heal off on myself, only to be interrupted by a friendly player Life gripping me, and then I die. I could at leaset protect myself from good intended priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For mobility I'd just give Inquisition a speed increaser of say 10% or so that possibly stacks. This would give you the same kind of results, while boosting Inquisitions usefulness outside of pve. Also this would be better, because your idea has the terrible side effect of buffing holy, something they don't need.

Don't most healers use Speed of light? And I'm looking for tanks to have a slight boost too, or is that not needed?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/26/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Amuroraye
For mobility I'd just give Inquisition a speed increaser of say 10% or so that possibly stacks. This would give you the same kind of results, while boosting Inquisitions usefulness outside of pve. Also this would be better, because your idea has the terrible side effect of buffing holy, something they don't need.

Don't most healers use Speed of light? And I'm looking for tanks to have a slight boost too, or is that not needed?

As I posted in another thread, I really wish they would make prot viable. I mean all that would need to be done is to put vengeance back in pvp and buff guarded by the light so it increases flash of light by even just 30-50%. Oh and make SotR do decent damage again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Granted I play holy but i have NEVER EVER EVER had a mobility issue this xpac, 2x hand of freedom and Speed of light with speed boost shoe enchants, I suppose if it WAS ever an issue i'd pick up engineering for the rocket boots. Trick with the deathgrip is anytime you're near a dk you wait until AFTER he grips you to pop Speed then preemtively use freedom in case someone else is trying to slow you down.

Don't forget Freedom gives IMMUNITY for 6 seconds and you can be LONG GONE by then, don't just use it AFTER you get rooted/snared/etc
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Extending LAotL's duration would make it effectively permanent in-combat, and would probably make it by the dominant choice in that talent tier for most purposes. I don't feel that would be really a good thing.

Divine Protection really should be usable while stunned though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Um mobility is the least of my worries... With snare breaking, HoF and long arm mobility is fine. What is bad is our defensive against burst. When our 2-5 minute cooldowns are on cool down we are a giant target waiting to be nuked to hell.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget about emancipate.. Don't use HoF on roots/freezes. Use emancipate if you know you won't be slowed again that is and save HoF for when you need it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Be sure to spam Emancipate whenever the mage pops Mirror Image, show him your boss and dont need to use Hand of Freedom.
And when your back at the GY seconds later just remember "at least I still have both my Freedoms >=)"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, if I don't get my defensive buff, I'll take the full benefit of Sword of Light up to 30%. The best defense will be a good offense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]