How can I improve WoW performance?

90 Pandaren Monk
When I play WoW on my computer my world, latency, and fps go all over the place. They never stay at a constant rate. My fps goes from 30-100 on the lowest settings all the time and my world and latency are on yellow and red a lot. I don't understand why this is because I have an XPS M1530 by Dell, but it is an old laptop as I have probably had it for about 4 years. I don't want to go buy a new computer as I don't have the money for it at the moment and it will probably take some time to get the money in the first place. Any suggestions or help?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As was mentioned before, your latency is a networking issue.

Are you using wireless to connect to the net?
Do you know your ups/downs? If not, try speedtest.net. It can help you at least find out if there's a solid connection or if you may want to consider a faster router or connection. I know some of my guild mates have had some issues with their ISP (internet service provider) and that is causing their network issues but only when WoW is concerned.

As for your FPS, this may have to do with having only met the minimum requirements to play WoW. Although, your machine may be alright to run WoW. Your net result is likely to be what you're experiencing (spiky FPS's all over the place). Unfortunately, short of managing the running processes on your computer, there may not be much that can be done about your issues due to the limited nature of a laptop (upgrades).

There are some tools out there that can kill unnecessary processes/programs for you. Try this website out for a disc that can handle pretty much anything you may need help with. The programs are all explained and you would just find one you want to use then download it elsewhere too.

http://www.hiren.info/

Good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]