I just can't hit 30k

90 Tauren Druid
Hey guys for the past couple of weeks I have been doing raids on this druid the only problem is my hps.... In LFR'S im usually 2-3 with healing but my hps is lower than anyones well recently im 4-5 becuase of the disc priests and their spirit shells......but thats a different thread. Im wondering if im doing something wrong. So here is my "Rotation" Look at all the dps and see if there are more melee or more casters and then i place my mushrooms 2-1 basis if more casters, 2 on casters-1 on melee and visa versa. Then 3 stacks of LB right before tank pulls. Then after that i pop WG and rejuv on a random dps for swiftmend. After that its basicly making sure that my LB doesnt go away on the main tank and using WG and SM on CD. Nourish to refresh my LB and Natures Vigil whenever i feel its a good time. Is there anything wrong with is and why cant i get above 25k!!!! its such a piss off when the 6th in the lfr is doing 30k+ and everyone else is 40k+ and im second on the charts with 25k it makes it feel liek my recount is wrong but my numbers are right. Please help
Edited by Wrathman on 4/27/2013 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're gems are bad, you're missing enchants and your glyph choices are less than stellar.

ETA -- I hit 60k often on this toon, on Tsulong in the 80k range.

You should look up resto druids on noxxic. There's great gemming, enchant, reforging etc information and you can definitely benefit from that.
Edited by Amonsul on 4/27/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For glyphs I prefer regrowth and wild growth as opposed to healing touch and rejuv. You're also below the first haste cap.

What do you use your clearcasting procs on? And incarnation?
Edited by Veroicone on 4/27/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Good advice, but you really shouldn't worry about numbers too much in LFR, especially in the old ones.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You're gems are bad, you're missing enchants and your glyph choices are less than stellar.

ETA -- I hit 60k often on this toon, on Tsulong in the 80k range.

You should look up resto druids on noxxic. There's great gemming, enchant, reforging etc information and you can definitely benefit from that.

How are my gems bad? i Gem for spirit? And i am getting WG glyph for my next one but i like rejuv i find it comes in handy. If i change my gems and get WG instead of healing touch do you really think it will make that big of a differnce?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For glyphs I prefer regrowth and wild growth as opposed to healing touch and rejuv. You're also below the first haste cap.

I always use Clearcasting on Regrowth for the HoT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Two mastery gems...shouldn't be there at all. Really you should be using the mixed stat gems because you get more benefit from them. The spirit gems are okay if you're hurting for spirit (which you probably are) but once you get better gear you should try to swap them out for the +int/+spirit gems because more int = more spellpower = bigger heals. You're not at haste cap. Healing touch is a spell that doesn't need a whole lot of use in a druid healing LFR...save it for clearcasting procs or nature's swiftness. You're main spells other than tossing down some shrooms will be LB, Rejuv, WG and Swiftmend along with your CDs and procs and regrowth as needed. Make sure you're placing your swiftmend every time it's off CD in the best places.

ETA -- your stat priority is spirit>int>haste>mastery>crit

Instead of those mastery gems get the +80int, +160 haste.
Edited by Amonsul on 4/27/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ok thanks:D ill talk to my JC and get that done
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I always use Clearcasting on Regrowth for the HoT

The hots bad. Glyph regrowth. WG. And LB that allows target swapping.
Then follow a guide as suggested earlier in the thread. Hit haste breakpoint, Spirit until comfortable with mana, then straight mastery.

Never use nourish. I forget where it is or what it looks like. Hasn't been touched since MoP hit.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/27/2013 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/27/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Wrathman
How are my gems bad? i Gem for spirit?

You're also gemming pure Mastery gems. If you want the socket bonus, then put in a orange Int/Mastery gem. I'd also use purple Int/Spirit gems in the blue sockets.

There's no reason to mess around with those weak gems. Gem prices are very cheap. You should use +320 secondary, +160 primary and +80 primary / +160 secondary gems only.

04/27/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Wrathman
And i am getting WG glyph for my next one but i like rejuv i find it comes in handy.

It's not handy. At your gear level keeping 3 Rejuvs rolling will run you out of mana and all for reducing the cast time of Nourish, which is such a weak spell that it's not worth casting on anything other than your Lifebloom target. That glyph has an identity crisis. If there's damage worth casting 3 Rejuvs, then it doesn't matter if Nourish casts faster. The heal is too small to cover serious damage. Nourish is nothing more than something to spam on your tank during low damage to heal minor damage while maintaining stacks and Harmony.

Healing Touch is another spell with little use. Unless it crits and resto druids have a VERY low crit chance, it will always heal for less than glyphed Regrowth and takes longer to cast. Since the mana difference between Healing Touch and Regrowth is so small, we don't use Healing Touch except when paired with Nature's Swiftness. You're not using Nature's Swiftness, so you should never be using Healing Touch.

If i change my gems and get WG instead of healing touch do you really think it will make that big of a differnce?

You'd see a huge difference if you'd do a handful of things:
1. Fix your stats to have at least 3043 haste. Being below 3043 haste means Rejuv and Tranquility don't get an extra tick. Since 3043 is so easy to get, it's crazy not to have it.
2. Use Glyph of Wild Growth and Glyph of Regrowth.
3. Use Regrowth and Swiftmend to heal big damage.
4. Use Rejuv carefully. It's a fairly strong heal, but it takes time and can run you out of mana easily at your gear level. If someone has aggro it can be good to give them a Rejuv. If they don't have aggro, aren't expected to take more damage soon and have less than 80K damage, then you can hold off.
5. Don't rush to heal minor damage. Wait until enough players have damage and use Wild Growth. There's also many passive and secondary effects from tank and dps abilities that cause healing and the splash healing when you Swiftmend someone. Give those things opportunity to heal the small stuff.

Using your spells more efficiently means you need less Spirit. Which allows you to put more gems, enchants and reforging towards Intellect and Mastery, improving the power of your heals so burst damage is easier to handle.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/27/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Mitimem
How are my gems bad? i Gem for spirit?

You're also gemming pure Mastery gems. If you want the socket bonus, then put in a orange Int/Mastery gem. I'd also use purple Int/Spirit gems in the blue sockets.

There's no reason to mess around with those weak gems. Gem prices are very cheap. You should use +320 secondary, +160 primary and +80 primary / +160 secondary gems only.

And i am getting WG glyph for my next one but i like rejuv i find it comes in handy.

It's not handy. At your gear level keeping 3 Rejuvs rolling will run you out of mana and all for reducing the cast time of Nourish, which is such a weak spell that it's not worth casting on anything other than your Lifebloom target. That glyph has an identity crisis. If there's damage worth casting 3 Rejuvs, then it doesn't matter if Nourish casts faster. The heal is too small to cover serious damage. Nourish is nothing more than something to spam on your tank during low damage to heal minor damage while maintaining stacks and Harmony.

Healing Touch is another spell with little use. Unless it crits and resto druids have a VERY low crit chance, it will always heal for less than glyphed Regrowth and takes longer to cast. Since the mana difference between Healing Touch and Regrowth is so small, we don't use Healing Touch except when paired with Nature's Swiftness. You're not using Nature's Swiftness, so you should never be using Healing Touch.

If i change my gems and get WG instead of healing touch do you really think it will make that big of a differnce?

You'd see a huge difference if you'd do a handful of things:
1. Fix your stats to have at least 3043 haste. Being below 3043 haste means Rejuv and Tranquility don't get an extra tick. Since 3043 is so easy to get, it's crazy not to have it.
2. Use Glyph of Wild Growth and Glyph of Regrowth.
3. Use Regrowth and Swiftmend to heal big damage.
4. Use Rejuv carefully. It's a fairly strong heal, but it takes time and can run you out of mana easily at your gear level. If someone has aggro it can be good to give them a Rejuv. If they don't have aggro, aren't expected to take more damage soon and have less than 80K damage, then you can hold off.
5. Don't rush to heal minor damage. Wait until enough players have damage and use Wild Growth. There's also many passive and secondary effects from tank and dps abilities that cause healing and the splash healing when you Swiftmend someone. Give those things opportunity to heal the small stuff.

Using your spells more efficiently means you need less Spirit. Which allows you to put more gems, enchants and reforging towards Intellect and Mastery, improving the power of your heals so burst damage is easier to handle.

Wow... Thanks so much after reading that i think im going to change my entire gameplay becuase of this thanks so much!!!:D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
pretty much what was said above but i would also spec into natures swiftness and macro it with healing touch.
I'm also a bigger fan of using soul of the forest+ wild growth(glyphed) over using incarnation.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh for alot of extra ticks on that? Hmmm that has givin me alot to think about becuase i dont really use incarnation very much unless i mix it with natures vigil and tranuility (my key left of the W doesnt work hahaha) For an ultra fast heal but that is exactly what im doing thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
yea i believe the general idea is incarnation and natures vigil for burst and Soul of the forest and heart of the wild for throughput. (don't quote me on this)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WoW i enchanted and got a trinket and feet regemmed and now im hitting 40k idk what i would do withought you guys thanks so much:D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
LFR is way too overhealed. Don't look too much into those meters, a good druid adds a lot more than the meters say they do.

Edit: how do I mess up the grammar in 2 sentences.
Edited by Sassinak on 4/28/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This was MSV 10man
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ya, don't look at LFR for anything, at the moment Absorbs from Disc priests and Holy Paladins are uber strong. If you want to be put to shame, look at any logs for the 3rd fight in MSV the first set of LFR's Garajal(spelling) if you have 1 disc priest or paladin.. your going to be low... if you have 2 or 3... your going to be under 20K basically.... I'm never going to same im a good druid but... im not bad, and whenever im in that fight i kinda just bypass healing meters, and look soley at the Overhealing meters. Before i started doing this i was seeing upwards of 70-75% overhealing ... (yes that means if i put out say... 1 million heals that 750K of that was overhealing and 250K was actually recieved) once i saw parses like this i made it my goal to get that overhealing % as high as possible on that fight. This week i was able to break 90% overhealing... but if your looking at just the Effective healing charts i was probally sitting at about 3rd place with like 25-30K heals. If you want to gauge your healing you really need to step into a normal raid, Jinrock is a fight druids can do well on due to the ammount of damage going out and it generally being more than shields can absorb.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Few bits of somewhat questionable advice in this thread.

1. Don't glyph regrowth. Regrowth will still have a roughly 75% chance to crit without the glyph which is still enough for periods of heavy damage. Instead glyph stampeding roar to increase its radius by 30yrds. Stampeding roar is an incredibly strong utility spell giving sprint to your entire raid for 8 seconds, something that is very useful for a multitude of situations and boss abilities in all current raids.

This simple macro will make this ability very easy to use, simply double tab the keybind:

/cast Stampeding Roar
/cancelaura Bear Form

2. Don't spec Cenarion Ward. The HPS of Nature's Swiftness is roughly equal to it, but unlike Cenarion Ward it is an invaluable 'oh !@#$' button for saving a raid member, since Cenarion Ward needs to be procced by further damage. Cenarion Ward also has a mana cost. Nature's Swiftness is free.

3. Soul of the forest is very situational. It is only worth taking over Incarnation for a fight that has very long periods of sustained raid damage (only fights I would take it for currently are Garalon and Primordius). However it basically isn't viable to swap to this for a few select fights as it requires you to completely change your haste breakpoint in order for it to be worthwhile. 95% of bosses mechanics involve longer periods of low to medium raid damage, and short periods of high AoE raid damage. Incarnation is pefect for this, giving you another strong CD on demand. Incarnation is also a mana conservation CD, allowing you to preemptively spread single stack lifeblooms on the raid which will provide you with a ton of clearcasting procs to use on instant cast regrowth during heavy damage.

4. Nature's Vigil is generally not worth taking over Heart of the Wild. The reason for this is that the 6% flat Int bonus is much stronger in terms of overall HPS than the 10% healing increase for 30 seconds given by Nature's Vigil. The damage output via healing during Nature's Vigil is very low. Heart of the Wild also gives you bonus 6% stam which is helpful for surviving heavy raid damage, as well as a great utility/mana regen CD which allows you to essentially become a DPS for 45 seconds, all the while regenning your mana. This is great for periods of low raid damage or when raid DPS needs an extra boost. Additionally this talent passively increases the value of any items that you have, as they will now effectively have 106% of any int and stam value. This is essentially bonus ilvl, and the effect increases as your gears ilvl gets better. For this reason;

5. You will always want to go for trinkets with static int, and a regen proc over trinkets with static spirit and a throughput proc (int, shield proc ect..), as their effective stat budget and ilvl is higher for you because of Heart of the Wild. Additionally the only 5 types of gems you want to use are 320 spirit, 80 int - 160 spirit or 160 int for blue/red sockets, and 160 spirit - 160 mastery or 80 int - 160 mastery for yellow sockets. Don't use 320 mastery gems for throughput.

6. Nourish is worth using. It provides very efficient tank healing in conjunction with lifebloom, and most of the time your tank wont be taking enough damage to warrant dumping mana with regrowth. Tank spikes are handled with swiftmend and clearcasted regrowths. Simply keeping lifebloom on one tank, rejuv on both and then using nourish and swiftmend will see you through 75% of your time healing the tank. That is not to say there wont be times when you have to spam heal a tank, but they are generally few and far between.

7. The final and probably biggest thing you can do in order to become a better healer is to start using mouseover macros for all of your heals. This removes the requirement of clicking someones raid frame before you can cast a heal on them, and will dramatically improve your ability to quickly respond to damage. This is an example mouseover macro for Rejuv:

/use [@mouseover, help] Rejuvenation

Simply replace Rejuvenation with your other spell names for your other macros. Practice using them and in no time I guarantee you will wonder how you ever healed without them.
Edited by Sisou on 4/29/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Good advice, but you really shouldn't worry about numbers too much in LFR, especially in the old ones.

The above advice from others is all golden, but I'll parrot this part. You're healing an LFR that has very minimal damage and way too many healers.

Imagine a situation where there are four sandwiches. But six people want the sandwiches. A couple of the very fast people are going to each three of the sandwiches, leaving one sandwich to be split amongst the remaining four. That's LFR, and sandwiches are damage to be healed. Contrast that to a normal, 10m situation, where you're going to have 2-3 sandwiches to split between 2-3 people who want to eat sandwiches ... pretty much everyone is going to get a full sandwich.

Few bits of somewhat questionable advice in this thread.

1. Don't glyph regrowth. Regrowth will still have a roughly 75% chance to crit without the glyph ... Stampeding roar is an incredibly strong utility spell ...

6. Nourish is worth using.

I find this very questionable. I'm sure others will as well. Stampeding roar is handy, sure, but very situational, while having a guaranteed RG crit every cast is 100% beneficial. An unglyphed RG will crit 60% + your crit % ... so for Sisou, yes, 75%, but for OP, 69%.

As for Nourish -- if you're a proponent, why aren't you using enough to make it wothwhile? It heals for about as much "oomph" as a RJ tick, but takes 2.5 seconds to cast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]