I just can't hit 30k

90 Worgen Druid
As for Nourish -- if you're a proponent, why aren't you using enough to make it wothwhile? It heals for about as much "oomph" as a RJ tick, but takes 2.5 seconds to cast.

As to what I'm not using, I can only assume you are referring to the rejuv glyph. That glyph is designed to boost potential nourish HPS when you have 3 or more rejuvs running (ie when there is significant raid damage going out). I'm not going to be casting nourish if there is significant raid damage going out. Simple. As for nourish hitting as hard as a RJ tick. No. My nourish goes for 45-50k, my rejuvs tick for 20-25k.

I find this very questionable. I'm sure others will as well. Stampeding roar is handy, sure, but very situational, while having a guaranteed RG crit every cast is 100% beneficial. An unglyphed RG will crit 60% + your crit % ... so for Sisou, yes, 75%, but for OP, 69%.

Jin'Rohk - AoE sprint for faster group movement into water pools = higher raid dps.

Horridon - Faster group positioning on door transitions.

Council - Clears all sandtrap debuffs

Tortos - AoE movement CD to help avoid avoid turtles/rockfall aoe

Megaera - AoE sprint for people running cinders/ice beam out of the group

Ji'kun - Downdraft

Durumu - Lingering Gaze

Primordius - Sprint for melee/tanks refreshing their buff

Iron Qon - Phase 2 Tornado mechanic

Lei Shen - Moving for Thunderstruck, Static Shock, Overcharged, quadrant transitions, phase transitions, Lightning Whip.
Edited by Sisou on 4/29/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sisou:
These are your kill logs for Consorts and Lei Shen last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m7q46k74anfyrrys/details/8/?s=521&e=649
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m7q46k74anfyrrys/details/8/?s=1986&e=2534

On each kill, Nourish was 2% or less of your total healing, and was your highest percent overheal ability, excluding the bloom on Lifebloom (90% on consorts, 73% on Lei Shen). Is that still worthwhile for regular use?

I feel that its only real place is when you need to refresh both lifebloom and your mastery at the same time, but only if the person with lifebloom needs no significant healing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
On each kill, Nourish was 2% or less of your total healing, and was your highest percent overheal ability, excluding the bloom on Lifebloom (90% on consorts, 73% on Lei Shen). Is that still worthwhile for regular use?

That's what I was referring to, not to Glyph of Rejuvenation.

As for Stampeding Roar, of course it has its use. But at a 2 minute cool down to help your raid group move faster, and using a glyph that doesn't shorten the cooldown but only expands its activation ratio seems like a less than optimal use of a glyph slot.

Of the ToT encounters ...
Council: Handy if your raid is completely unable to not stand in bad, but decursing works just as well, and doesn't take up a glyph slot.

The rest of the encounters, Roar is sort of using a sledgehammer to kill a fly - either your raid should be totally capable of taking care of themselves without a speed buff, or can use their own personal speed buffs, or you're speeding the entire raid when only 1-2 people actually need a speed buff. I'm not discounting Roar, but I'm discounting using a Glyph slot solely for Roar.

But this is way off the original topic.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Sisou:
These are your kill logs for Consorts and Lei Shen last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m7q46k74anfyrrys/details/8/?s=521&e=649
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m7q46k74anfyrrys/details/8/?s=1986&e=2534

I feel that its only real place is when you need to refresh both lifebloom and your mastery at the same time, but only if the person with lifebloom needs no significant healing.

2% is still more than 0%. You should understand that nourish is a spell you use when there is no other damage going out that needs to be healed and the tank is close to being topped already (you use it to keep them there), so of course a high % of it is going to be overheal. Its healing is never going to be high, yet in many situations it is still the best way to both keep the tank topped and refresh lifebloom/symbiosis. It is also risk free healing in terms of your mana pool, as you will regen more mana than you can use casting it if you are properly geared. Saying it has no use is just stupid.

The alternative is using regrowth to refresh lifebloom in which case you are either going to waste mana keeping the tank topped with it, or see more spikey tank health. Neither are more attractive options.
Edited by Sisou on 4/29/2013 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
2% is still more than 0%. You should understand that nourish is a spell you use when there is no other damage going out that needs to be healed and the tank is close to being topped already [...] Saying it has no use is just stupid.

This is what I said:

That's not "no use" and it pretty much describes exactly what you said. I would argue that if that scenario arises frequently in your raids, then you are probably overhealing the encounter.

Edit: also, 2% is more healing than not casting anything, but it's less efficient than just about anything else you could be casting (or cast-cancelling).
Edited by Frozenorange on 4/29/2013 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As for Stampeding Roar, of course it has its use. But at a 2 minute cool down to help your raid group move faster, and using a glyph that doesn't shorten the cooldown but only expands its activation ratio seems like a less than optimal use of a glyph slot.

The rest of the encounters, Roar is sort of using a sledgehammer to kill a fly - either your raid should be totally capable of taking care of themselves without a speed buff, or can use their own personal speed buffs, or you're speeding the entire raid when only 1-2 people actually need a speed buff. I'm not discounting Roar, but I'm discounting using a Glyph slot solely for Roar.

AoE sprint is often just as useful, if not more so, than warlocks Demonic Gateway. If you want to use it on your group and not just yourself though, the glyph is mandatory. There is no way I would give up such a strong utility CD. I can see that you haven't really done much in ToT so I can see why you don't understand how useful it can be.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That's not "no use" and it pretty much describes exactly what you said. I would argue that if that scenario arises frequently in your raids, then you are probably overhealing the encounter.

You should understand that the way raid damage works on most bosses in this tier is that it comes in bursts. So just because in between these bursts a higher % of healing is going to be overhealing, doesn't mean that there are not periods of the fight where 3 healers are not useful. Sure we could 2 heal everything, but 3 healing provides a safety net to cover possible mistakes. Not like we are lacking dps by any means either.

Edit: also, 2% is more healing than not casting anything, but it's less efficient than just about anything else you could be casting (or cast-cancelling).

Its actually more efficient than anything else I could be casting to refresh lifebloom, along with keeping tank HP steady.

Edit: Just checked your armory and you seem to be way over the haste breakpoint you should be aiming for btw. Any haste over the breakpoint basically does nothing for you. Definitely not worth reforging from mastery for it.
Edited by Sisou on 4/29/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
In my opinion, just the Living Seeds on the tank from the guaranteed crit when I "waste" an OoC proc on a Regrowth makes the glyph worth more than the Roar one. Almost all of my OoCs are spent on Regrowth, so even if the main heal is wasted, the Living Seed is likely to be used. I rarely see people having problems that could be avoided with Stampeding Roar (stupid tornadoes on Wind Lord being an exception), at least not to the point where it would be worth swapping the glyph.

To me, it sounds like you found a solution to a non-problem. But, to each their own. *Shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Edit: Just checked your armory and you seem to be way over the haste breakpoint you should be aiming for btw. Any haste over the breakpoint basically does nothing for you. Definitely not worth reforging from mastery for it.

FFS, not this again.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I can see that you haven't really done much in ToT so I can see why you don't understand how useful it can be.

But even on the content I am doing, and have done, you can't convince me.

• Jin'rokh. In what case would getting people to the puddles 60% faster be worth a glyph slot? We're talking, what ... a savings of 1 second? And you'd be using this, max, on two puddles. Great, you saved folks two seconds in getting into position. Even giving each DPS member 100k dps, with six dps members in the raid, you're only adding 1.2 million damage done ... which is 0.57% of the boss's total health.

• Horridon. Well, there's more running here, but I'm not seeing the advantage to getting to the door only to wait for trolls to come out.

• Council. Decurse can get the one sandtrapped person out just fine if people are playing correctly. The only time a mass, glyphed Roar would be useful is if your group hasn't learned not to stand in Bad.

• Tortos. If your group can't move from rockfall at regular run speed, they're not going to be much better at running from rockfall at faster speed.

04/29/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Frozenorange

FFS, not this again.

Just link the other thread :
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728322886?page=2
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah you guys kinda took over this thread but thanks i guess im going to stick with what im doing now i find soul of the forest is not situational but it incredibly handy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]