Game of Thrones S3: V. (Some Spoilers)

90 Human Paladin
I missed the start of this episode because of the troll event and honestly, I don't think I'm going to bother with a breakdown. Everyone saw it, so let's just skip to the interesting stuff.

I felt this was the most emotionally charged episode of the season. From Robb executing Karstark to Shireen rushing to meet her father, every scene was really about how people felt in them. I think Arya and Shireen also carried this episode, though Tywin at the end as always swooped in for the best work of any character.

The hatred on Tywin's face when he said he recalled Tyrion's marriage was perfect, as was Cersei's plea not to be sold off again. In the end, it was just a good series of twists and plots.

Question of the Week
Did Robb have any option other than the one he chose in executing Rickard Karstark?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tywin being an Alpha Male as per usual.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Did Robb have any option other than the one he chose in executing Rickard Karstark?
I think he really could've just kept him as a hostage, but executing him was probably the right choice considering Rickard's open contempt for Robb's leniency.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I hate to imagine what Robb would have done to Seinfeld and co.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hostage would be logical, but Robb is like Ned isn't he?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Amazing episode. Jaime's breakdown was great; Tywin was wonderful (as were Olenna and Shireen). Loved the flames everywhere too (oooh symbolism), especially in the Brotherhood scenes with Arya.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Going to watch it tomorrow, once I get my hands on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Really awesome episode. Loved every scene. Yay history lessons with various people.

Well except for Littlefinger scenes. Man he is such a freaking ham hhhnngh
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Well except for Littlefinger scenes. Man he is such a freaking ham hhhnngh

That reminds me.

Where was Ros?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

Difficult to answer...

On the one hand, he wouldn't lose the Karstark men by keeping him hostage - but he'd lose the loyalty of the Karstark house by doing so as long as Rickard is kept alive and his point justified that Robb is too soft.

So he could win the war but still lose the North in either choice. Either he's viewed as too apart from the Old Ways or he's viewed as a kinslayer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Great episode.

Especially the part where Tywin slaps Cercei with his @*#@*!@*.
Verbally.
Reply Quote
Especially the part where Tywin slaps Cercei with his @*#@*!@*.
Sorry we have enough incest in this show thanks.

I don't know what else Robb should have done with Rickard Karstark, though this conclusion is colored by my reading the books. The Karstarks already seemed lost after his arrest; Rickard wouldn't respect him, so why would the rest of his house? Killing him at least put to rest any accusations of "leniency" that might have taken hold in Robb's other bannermen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Another favorite episode of mine, but there were some scenes which didn't sit too well with me. For one, the love scene with Jon Snow went on for way too long. I guess all the pent up feelings they shared were going to explode one day, but it sort of dragged and I was hoping it would be done quicker.

The scene with Dany and Grew Worm was also too much to me. While the story and what the soldier had to say was moving, her facial expressions (even before he spoke) were too much 'please bang me' and rather killed the mood because I couldn't tell if she was ready to jump his bone or wanted to take him more seriously.

However, the best scene to me was with Jaime and in the tub. Seeing both characters show their vulnerable sides was probably what made the show. What the Kingslayer had to say and then what followed after, I got this sense that he wanted to be seen as an equal (finally) as he reminded her what his name was. It makes their relationship so unique and now even more special. That was just such a good part of the show.

As to the question, I don't think there was much to do. Robb is a lot like Ned and it shows. He has to carry out his duty or risk losing more. Based on what was mentioned from the books too, it was easier to cut his lost sooner rather than later. Keeping the man hostage would have prolonged the inevitable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The scene with Dany and Grew Worm was also too much to me. While the story and what the soldier had to say was moving, her facial expressions (even before he spoke) were too much 'please bang me' and rather killed the mood because I couldn't tell if she was ready to jump his bone or wanted to take him more seriously.

I didn't get that at all. I mean, Grey Worm doesn't uh, have the material to do that.

She views the Unsullied as her children in a way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I didn't get that at all. I mean, Grey Worm doesn't uh, have the material to do that.

She views the Unsullied as her children in a way.

That is why I said her facial expressions just looked wrong. It didn't match what he was telling her. I guess I might have expected more of a compassionate gaze (she usually always gives one when it comes to the people she basically adopts as her own) because it really looked like she wanted him for something more.

Or she looked really blocked up.
Reply Quote

I honestly didn't see that at all in her facial expressions. oi...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
04/29/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Amiyna

I honestly didn't see that at all in her facial expressions. oi...

This... her facial expression looked more like she was touched by his words and maybe choked up by them. Not a 'Prepare your non-existent short spear, Grey Worm! It's time to thrust into the dragon!'
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just how I saw it. I was not moved by the scene at all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
This... her facial expression looked more like she was touched by his words and maybe choked up by them. Not a 'Prepare your non-existent short spear, Grey Worm! It's time to thrust into the dragon!'

I have a feeling this slashfic has been done. Somehow.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I never thought I'd feel sorry for the smug, blond monster who pushed a little boy out of a window.

But I do.

I feel really sorry for him.

This bothers me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]