Buying pets at level 25!! Very UPSET

90 Troll Hunter
I should start off by saying I would like helpful information. Not stupid comments please. So today I thought it would be a good idea to by a level 25 pet on the AH so I could obtain and fight some new pet in MoP. I know what your going to say. They implemented this so people could not blast through the pet quest. All I wanted to do was get some new pets. Well I ended up spending 4k gold on a Clockwork Gnome. I was ready to get my new pets. Well I couldn't open it because it says I can not open caged pets at lvl 25. Because I don't have a lvl 25 pet myself. I think that is so unfair. I didn't know and there should be some type of warning... WARNING IF YOU BUY A LVL 25 PET AND YOU DON'T HAVE A LVL 25 PET YOU CAN'T USE IT!!
I am very upset. Some of you might think I am stupid but this is a simple mistake. Does anyone else agree this is unfair? I feel like I was scammed. I just want my gold back and I will gladly lvl the pets that I have. :/ Sorry for the complaining. But I really am thinking of cancelling my account because of this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I suspect your angst will last only as long as it takes you to level a pet to 25.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569327820
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thanks Shootitup.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It is frustrating to have those level 25 pets sitting in your inventory and not be able to learn them. It would be nice to have a tooltip or something that says "cannot learn this pet" if you don't have a pet of the same level in your current library, but I imagine that would take a lot of coding to do, and I understand that it would be a quality-of-life change that is pretty far down the list of things needed.

Your first 25 is gonna take the longest. And after taking a look at your armory, I see a lot of poor quality and common quality pets, and that will also make things a lot harder (poor quality have the gray border, common quality have the white border). The lesser the quality of pets, the lower stats they have. You will want to cage pets that are either uncommon (green border) or rare (blue border...these are the best because they have the most stats). Trust me, having a pet hit harder makes the opponent die faster which means more exp in a shorter timeframe =)

I wish you luck in getting your first 25!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thanks Buffin you make a great statement.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Building on Bufflovin's post, I would suggest that you level Totadile, your Zandalari Anklerender. His devour move will heal him if he kills the enemy pet with it, which means you can eat critters all the way to 25 pretty easily.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Ahhh sounds good! Anymore suggestions for my pet line up?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Honestly, since every pet below 25 gets an equal share of the XP for a fight, your best bet is to use throwaway pets and let them die so Totadile gets all the XP. Then you pick new throwaway pets, and since Totadile can heal himself, you won't have to stop to find a stable master or wait for the rez timer.

If you're looking for strong pets to back him up, or for your first team of 25s, I'd suggest the Fawn. She may not look like she hits hard, but she has a small team heal and a HoT, and when she gets high enough she has a self-HoT that changes her type to elemental, so all the beasts who want to eat her don't get double damage on her. The rare Small Frog you have is another good choice; it's got a heal, and Frog Kiss can be darned good against wild pets.

Once you have a pair of 25s that can one- or two-man a team of wild pets, then you can use them to powerlevel other pets. Put the lowbie in for the first round, take a swipe, then swap him out for something that can demolish the enemy pets. Do this in Moonglade, and a level 1 will jump to 5 in just one fight. Then you can take a quick flight to Hyjal and do the same there, or wherever you find pets you can chew through easily, and not really have to worry about the lowbie dying in the first turn.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I leveled a pet and gave it to a friend who had the same issue so I understand how you feel. I don't know if this will help or not but karazhan has an eye pet that is level 17- 19 I believe. The good part is that pet is the only one in the pet battle so you can try capturing it with 3 lower level pets. It may take several tries to get the eyes health down enough to capture it but u have 3 pets to try to do it with. Once u have one captured u can get another two for a full team. Then u can take those pets to capture something a few more levels higher and keep doing that til u get a level 25 pet.
Reply Quote
For my first level 25 pet, Onyxian Whelpling, I got her and the rest of my team to around level 14-17 before I got frustrated. The pet tamers were quickly outleveling me, and the wild pet exp was pitiful there was nothing I really could do.

However, I found out while randomly doing something in Icecrown that the cockroaches there are incredibly easy to beat. They're level 21ish and come as three pets. However, they're critters. They don't hit hard, and they usually overwrite their own Apocalypse. I was easily able to grind up my Onxyia whelping there.

Once I got to 20, I went to pandaria. It was tough. I would grab any pet I could (uncommon or rare, then strictly rare once I was able to definitely survive) then immediately replace one of my previous pets that were still in the 14-17 range with the new one. Personally, I love the turtles. ((Kooper, my level 25 Softshell Snapling, was gained this way. I still use him quite a bit for grinding up new pets.)) Just keep trying to grab pets that are slightly higher than the rest of your team.

Briannafae's suggestion is really good too(as it does what I do once I get to Pandaria, which is swap everything except my main pet for higher level pets I pick up in battle). I'd definitely give that a go once you get about 3 pets to level 14-15ish.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
The other posters have had great ideas to get your started. Once you get high enough pet level wise, I urge you to go to Jade forest and capture yourself a Wild Crimson Hatchling. This pet is beastly and will help you level others.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
There are a few methods for getting a pet to 25 quickly. The fastest one seems to be this:

Get a good team of rares up to level 5 or 6. Dragons and Mechanicals are best to use. Don't use Aquatics or Flyers.

Go to Kharazan and battle Arcane eyes. They are in the 16-18 range. They don't have backup pets, so your team of 3 lowbies can actually win this fight. Capture a whole team of these guys. Every time you get one, replace the weakest member of your team with the captured eye. Keep doing this until you have a whole team of rare or uncommon Arcane Eyes.

Go to Dragonblight and use your team of Arcane Eyes to battle Dragonbone Hatchlings level19-21. Capture a whole team of rare and uncommon.

Take your team of Dragonbones to Vale of Eternal Blossoms and battle Aquatics level 24-25.

You can have a full team of level 25s in an afternoon. Happy Hunting!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
This method doesnt work. Just tried doing so. Level 16-17 green/blue Arcane eyes cannot hit level 22-23 mobs.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
another possible fix: a new post with the title WTT lvl 25 clockwork gnome for level 1. (or whatever level it is that you can use). i'm sure somebody would do the swap with you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
This method doesnt work. Just tried doing so. Level 16-17 green/blue Arcane eyes cannot hit level 22-23 mobs.

I assure you they can. And there is a stable master there to keep rezzing them til it happens.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mad because you can't bypass all the achievements and leveling and go straight to 25 and farm?

/doesn't feel bad
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I would suggest that you level Totadile, your Zandalari Anklerender. His devour move will heal him if he kills the enemy pet with it, which means you can eat critters all the way to 25 pretty easily.

I second this post. The first pet I leveled to 25 was my Lashtail Hatchling, and devour was excellent. Plus you don't face many mechanicals (what is there, like 2? trainers with them) so you never encounter their counterpart.

Crystalsong forest is a critters only zone - I think level 20-21. And the veiled stair is a critter only zone - I think 23-24. Your beast, at a higher level, can solo all 3 pets in these two zones without issue.

A crab makes a decent 2nd pet too since they can heal, and reduce damage taken. Just don't get a spirit crab as those are undead and take more critter damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]