Why are WW Monks ok with RoRo?

90 Pandaren Monk
The fact that I have to regem and reforge every time I get an item to make sure my stat weights are perfect so that I can use this trinket optimally is absolutely horrible. Not to mention your dps completely relies on when it procs or if it procs at all. I hate this trinket. I hate it so much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
So you're saying you didn't correctly reforge and/or regem before you got that trinket?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So you're saying you didn't correctly reforge and/or regem before you got that trinket?

Yes, but it you could usually be lazy and wait for 2-3 upgrades before doing it. With RoRo, often just 1 upgrade will cause you to have to take a look at reforging.

Also, if you are as crazy as me, you also regem when you reoptimize for RoRo, and sometimes even reenchant gloves/cloak. This is because I am a maniac who wrote a c++ program that optimizes reforges as well as enchants and gems.

I haven't constantly been measuring the time and gold I spend reoptimizing my gear, but I'm reasonably sure that I'm spending twice as much on both with the RoRo than I did before.

I can't say that I enjoy the extra headache and cost of harder gear reoptimization, but I for one DO like the change in playstyle, although I understand the majority of vocal people seem to disagree.

RoRo Procs + Annoying encounter mechanics = thought+decision making. No RoRo = no decision making, boring and easier play.

RoRo = RNG and drama of having good pulls and bad pulls. No RoRo = all pulls almost same, boredom.

I think Blizzard has kind of been wanting to make trinkets that have unique effects which really affect your playstyle for a while now. I think RoRo definitely does that. Even if you don't like the change in playstyle, I think change for the sake of change is good, because stagnant unchanging playstyles just create boredom. In the long run, changing from good to annoying playstyles (although annoying in the short run) is more fun than always having the same playstyle.
Reply Quote
I am mostly not ok with it because I have sat through 15-20 Lei Shen wipes and used 3 coins to not get it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My only issue with RoRO (as I've stated in multiple places) is that I don't like having my DPS nerfed or buffed around it. I'm not terribly fond of being dependent upon it.

ALSO HI FRAISCH AND JANXSPIRIT.

I've actually stopped taking my guild's enchants/gems and just get my own from how often I have to regem/re-enchant/reforge. I just don't think that it's terribly fair to the guild bank.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My only issue with RoRO (as I've stated in multiple places) is that I don't like having my DPS nerfed or buffed around it. I'm not terribly fond of being dependent upon it.

ALSO HI FRAISCH AND JANXSPIRIT.

I've actually stopped taking my guild's enchants/gems and just get my own from how often I have to regem/re-enchant/reforge. I just don't think that it's terribly fair to the guild bank.

What she said

a guildie of mine suggested it be put as an "on use" effect
Edited by Fraisch on 5/1/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
I didn't know people could cry so much about attaining Godhood.

The only person that has any gripes is one who hasn't had one looted to them.

WTF DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GIVING ME AN UPGRADE? THE MINOR CHECK I'LL HAVE TO DO TO OPTIMIZE MY GEAR IS JUST UNFAIR, THINK OF THE 50 GOLD I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND ON MY NEW ENCHANT.

Get over it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I am mostly not ok with it because I have sat through 15-20 Lei Shen wipes and used 3 coins to not get it.

Exactly. I got the polearm in LFR today. I don't need a stupid polearm I need that trinket!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Vex
90 Human Monk
Alone

WTF DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GIVING ME AN UPGRADE? THE MINOR CHECK I'LL HAVE TO DO TO OPTIMIZE MY GEAR IS JUST UNFAIR, THINK OF THE 50 GOLD I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND ON MY NEW ENCHANT

I received the first one that my guild looted simply because the numbers showed it was better for me than anyone else in the raid.

I wish that this trinket never existed because no spec should see that significant of an increase in damage dealt with a SINGLE mid-expansion item. I'm not a fan of having my damage surround whether or not I get good procs with some trinket that I will (hopefully) replace next tier.

The playstyle of the trinket (imo) is a bit challenging - timing CDs/2nd Potion with a proc that happens at the same time as a 10stack and having other CDs up, figuring out if it's best to use a proc or not at a certain time, etc. That is fun to me. But it is not fun to me to have my spec reliant upon it in order to do competitive DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I like it alot tbh. It adds a really interesting aspect to the WW rotation. Come to think of it, what a ridiculous thing to complain about.. Oh no! I got this thing that makes me pull more dps!! and now I have to regem !! NOOOOOO!!!! It procs fairly reliably, and when it does you're pulling 130%+ damage. You cant honestly be complaining about 130% damage.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have to also agree, even not having this trinket yet, that its quite lame we are balanced and nerfed around it.

I'll give it a shot and am fairly certain I'll hate it just as much as unerring vision of lei shen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again whoever had the ideas for these trinkets is a moron and fails hardcore.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
The difference between this and unerring vision is that the proc time on RoO is long enough that you have time to work around it; whereas vision you have to have a cancel cast macro and lightning reflexes to get anything worthwhile off
Reply Quote
91 Human Monk

WTF DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GIVING ME AN UPGRADE? THE MINOR CHECK I'LL HAVE TO DO TO OPTIMIZE MY GEAR IS JUST UNFAIR, THINK OF THE 50 GOLD I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND ON MY NEW ENCHANT.

Get over it.

you are very annoying.

And of course the trinket is stupid. It will be stupid good when I have it. And I will probably sigh when it is nerfed.

The micromanaging of buffs ect is really not a big deal. The big deal is how game-changing a single item is to a dps class**

**legendary weapons do not count.
Edited by Malmfu on 5/2/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
you are very annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

The big deal is how game-changing a single item is to a dps class

Look at all of the RNG trinkets this tier and how they force people to rethink their playstyle. Get out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
05/02/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Vex
you are very annoying.

Look at all of the RNG trinkets this tier and how they force people to rethink their playstyle. Get out.

You're acting like a child.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You're acting like a child.

Given that there are hundreds of millions of children who exhibit vary behaviors at any given moment which on the whole represent the entirety of ways it is possible for anyone to act ever...

Everyone is acting like a child, always!

The question is, which child and when!?!?

For instance, I think you in that post were acting like a 1972 Luke Rosemball, at 3:00 PM the day after Lucy told him he smelled bad and she wanted to play with Mark instead.
Reply Quote
91 Human Monk
05/02/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Vex
you are very annoying.

Having a trinket that procs 100% crit that forces you to stop 1 cast is totally the same thing.

What happens when you give a kid heroic gear, egooooooooooo!
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Yes, preach the maturity, internet heroes.

Continue to cry like children about DPS increases. I'll continue to laugh at you for it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I hate this thing more than words can describe, not because of the gemming and forging, but because I really hate micromanaging the trinket and I strongly dislike the way it affects our dps
Reply Quote
Give me your trinket, gypsies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]