Can't tell if I killed oondasta on my alt

90 Draenei Hunter
I have 6 alts and I try to kill oondasta every week on them.

This week however I can't remember if I killed oondasta on my dk. There is a macro that lets you know if you have killed certain world bosses that week but it's bugged for oondasta, so it isn't reliable for that boss. Basically if you killed nalak before oondasta on that toon it will say you have killed oondasta also even if you haven't yet, with the macro.

Anyone know any other way I can figure out if I have killed oondasta yet? The toon in question is a dk named blueygooey.

I hope Blizzard fixes this someday.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We are aware of the request and looking to add a way for characters to track which world boss had already been defeated in a given week.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would it be difficult to add it to the in-game calendar with the raid resets? Just add boss resets to it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
We are aware of the request and looking to add a way for characters to track which world boss had already been defeated in a given week.

awesome
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I recommend an addon called World Boss Status, it tracks all your world boss kills.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69161#comments:id=1827006
Edited by Yzzami on 5/1/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
I recommend an addon called World Boss Status, it tracks all your world boss kills.

It would be a useless addon for oondasta. Just like the macro is currently useless.
The quest flag on oondasta returns NALAK's kill status. as it stands, there are two quest IDs that both check nalak and none that check oondasta. Sapper has confirmed the bug in link below and until it's resolved, macros and addons are pretty useless for oondasta.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8518311880?page=4#80
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

This would also be very helpful to joining a raid after 55m and being on the last boss.
Reply Quote

Adding it to the /raidinfo panel would be a logical choice, if possible. They bosses are not technically raids from a back-end technical point of view, but from a player's perspective they work just like raids: you can get loot once a week.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
can try this macro...

/run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
05/01/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Bubblykiss

This would also be very helpful to joining a raid after 55m and being on the last boss.

Yeah, that was a feature -removed-. You're not getting it back unless you want queue times two or three times that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

While you're at it can you fix the bug where you kill a world boss and no loot drops?

I just killed Sha of Anger on my DK last night. I use a macro to check my flag to ensure I haven't killed it yet before any world boss kill. It was Tuesday so I know it was a fresh kill but I'm OCD and check regardless.

It gave me the extra roll prompt but no actual loot. Filed a GM ticket and this is a "known issue".

In what way is this acceptable? Kill Boss --> something drops is one of the game's core fundamentals. A GM finally reset my kill flag for me but that doesn't solve the issue of my having killed the boss and not gotten loot like everyone else.

And even if I do kill it again; there's no promise that the same bug won't strike again. I can't very well just walk over and kill Sha of Anger by myself whenever I want. This needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Excellent idea, thanks !
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I've just been keeping track of my kills in a notebook and putting a tally if that character has killed Oondasta/Nalak/Galleon/Sha

Oondasta
Shaman lll
Rogue l
Warrior l
Hunter llll
Mage l
Edited by Shämän on 5/1/2013 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
can try this macro...

/run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

Unfortunately that does not work for Oondasta, the id number for him doesn't register correctly which is why that macro or any other atm and add ons like World Boss Status wont work for him. The other 3 are fine just not Oondasta.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The macro works for Nalak and Oondasta now and it has for a few weeks, so stop telling people it doesn't work.

Here's the exact one that I use and it works fine:

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]