Sooooo... Frost PVP?!

90 Worgen Death Knight
I tried unholy and i just didnt like it... i like the big numbers i guess?

Is frost still viable in arena ? Seems like EVERYONE is Unholy!

Lemme know your thoughts! thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
if you're comfy with giving up some survival for the burst damage go for it
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Well I willl be running 2v2 arena with a resto shammy.... so i figure i can give up some survival
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Frost survival isn't too bad in PvP, personally using stuff like AMS, Dark Sim, and Conversion properly can make a big difference. It's all about knowing when to hit hard and when to focus on survival.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
You don't use Conversion with Frost...

If you're running with a healer then Frost is killer. Double DPS Unholy is better as it has 3x the survivability. Personally I use strictly Unholy, the damage ends up being the same as Frost, if not more, only difference is Unholy doesn't have Oblit crits, but it does have far more ranged damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Frost survival isn't too bad in PvP, personally using stuff like Conversion properly

04/26/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Kaely
You don't use Conversion with Frost...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Arena is more of a war of attrition. UH is good for surviving while eating up the other team with DoTs and using your pet to interrupt/cc their heals.

Frost is more about burst and overall DPS but it's a glass cannon and doesn't survive small scale battles well. Frost shines in BGs or 5v5 where there is more support and howling blast is hitting many targets at once. There's no shortage of frost DKs in the high-rated RBGS.

Or you could just go blood and never die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Arena is more of a war of attrition. UH is good for surviving while eating up the other team with DoTs and using your pet to interrupt/cc their heals.

Frost is more about burst and overall DPS but it's a glass cannon and doesn't survive small scale battles well. Frost shines in BGs or 5v5 where there is more support and howling blast is hitting many targets at once. There's no shortage of frost DKs in the high-rated RBGS.

eh... only reason rbg groups take a dk over another ranged class is death grip and gorefiends grasp. has nothing to do with any kind of damage we can put out in any of our specs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

eh... only reason rbg groups take a dk over another ranged class is death grip and gorefiends grasp. has nothing to do with any kind of damage we can put out in any of our specs.

Another reason Frost DK is used for Target calling is we can still do descent damage while calling targets, vocalizing moves (call rings, vortex, ect) and paying attention to the battle field.
The "ease of use" of Frost DK allows us to put our eggs in other baskets without gimping ourselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]