Lore-master progress lost from faction change

100 Blood Elf Paladin
OK so my pally is a REALLY old toon, leveled up in the early days of classic wow when the ONLY way effectively level was by questing, no LFDs, no refer a friend, no BoA gear ect ect. So I did just about every quest in eastern kingdoms leveling from 1-60. And when BC came out same deal, slowly grind out quests from 1-70. Now achievements come out and I was given some of the old style lore master achievements (IE X out of X quests in a whole continent not just a specific zone) for eastern kingdoms and out lands. I keep playing wow over the years and finish up north rend (tho I will admit I never did go finish kalimdor). Some time in early Cata I faction switch to horde and kinda forgot about lore master. So after getting the achievement for MoP I remember "hey! you know I only need to do kalimdor and I'll have lore master! COOL!" Well I open up my achievement window and to my dismay I have almost no progress in east kingdoms or out lands. But progress made after the faction change (cata and MoP) are counted. Has this happened to anyone else?

PS also allot of my argent tournament achieves are jacked up as well. IE I will have a meta to get X, Y, Z but not have credit for the X,Y,Z.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Faction specific quests and quest chains are removed from your "accomplished" list when you faction change. So the number of quests completed will go down, a lot.

Even if the quests are identical between factions but the quest givers are different (a horde npc vs an ally npc giving the quest) they are treated as faction specific.

And, as noted in the faction change FAQ, Argent Tourney stuff does not translate at all.
Reply Quote
When cataclysm was released almost all the quests were deleted and remade. This caused most of your lore master progress in those eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor to be reset. The entire way it counts quests in those areas has changed. So unless you finished it before cataclysm you'll have to do it again with the new criteria.
Edited by Bavra on 4/26/2013 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
04/26/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Eidolanic
So after getting the achievement for MoP I remember "hey! you know I only need to do kalimdor and I'll have lore master! COOL!" Well I open up my achievement window and to my dismay I have almost no progress in east kingdoms or out lands. But progress made after the faction change (cata and MoP) are counted. Has this happened to anyone else?

As Aarschott mentioned when you faction change many of the quests that have a faction equivalent may be swapped but those that do not have a match will not. Therefore on the new faction you will need to complete them.

As Bavra brought up Cataclysm brought sweeping changes to old Azeroth. Many quests were removed or reworked to fit in with the new lay of the land. If you had not completed the achievement prior to the sundering that progress may be altered significantly.

PS also allot of my argent tournament achieves are jacked up as well. IE I will have a meta to get X, Y, Z but not have credit for the X,Y,Z.

The Argent Tournament resets with a faction change so while you may have some of the achievements, the quest progress would be lost. You'd need to progress through the area again.

There is an issue where some Argent Tournament progress does not reset properly, if you are unable to progress I'd recommend submitting a ticket, our In-Game Support staff may be able to help.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
OK so on the points of "if you have not finished the achievement before the switch you wont get credit". Now what do you mean by "get the achievement"? As lore master is broken down in several sub but independent achievements. So I had already completed out-lands, eastern kingdoms and north rend's individual achievements. Had the little "toast" messages, got the points whole kit and kabootle. How I understand that if a achievement meta or standalone was in an incomplete state IE: Kill 10 out of 20 X" that 10 would go down to 0 as it was unfinished. As my kalimdor lore master would be and I'm not debating that. But the ones in question HAD been completed. And as for some quests switching to the other factions equivalent I should have well over what is needed for East King as when I was alliance I did way more quests then would be available to horde and even if the "over flow" was wasted I would still have the achievement. As for the tournament I know it was stated not every thing would go smoothly. I just find it odd I have access to meta achievements while missing their dependent achievements. You'd think if you qualified for the meta it would auto grant the dependent ones. Even more so given the criteria is exactly the same for horde and alliance with the only difference being the names of the city's. Does not city rep get converted and a 1 to 1 ratio when you change faction? Goes something like storm-wind rep to org rep, Ironforge rep to UD rep right? Could not that same system be used for AT reps?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Do quests in one of the zones you're missing until you get the Achievement. Do that for the next zone. Keep repeating until all the zone Achievements are completed.

That is how you get Loremaster these days. Number of quests doesn't matter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]