Server Population Chart.

1 Troll Shaman
Hello. I have been trying to find a recent server population chart with the lists of servers and there population, but the only ones i seem to find are old and not recently updated. Can anyone help?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can anyone help?

Realm population and overall concurrency isn't something that we provide publicly, so I cannot point you to anything official.

There may some third party options that collect such data but understand that much of that data isn't entirely accurate. It is based on a limited ability to collect the numbers and while some can get close, it can also be very off. If you are just looking for a ballpark figure though, that is probably your best option.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

Blizzard's official realm populations. Blizzard will not release actual population numbers.

Any third party site will not be accurate as they rely on players to submit the information.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Blizzard will not release actual population numbers.

Why?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

Yeah I was hoping for a chart of population of both factions. I was trying to find a server with close to even factions.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
04/26/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Umadbrro
Why?

Mostly, it's confidential information that Blizzard considers a trade secret - it has to do with server capacity and the like.

04/26/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Umadbrro
I was trying to find a server with close to even factions.

Nearly all realms have this. Any apparent imbalances are usually temporary or misleading, due to activity spikes, level localization, etc.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
Edited by Pahanda on 4/26/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Stormrage? Though, to be fair, I have seen a horde there, once, maybe twice?
Reply Quote
ask around on the realm forum, they can give a clear idea if the server is balanced or faction dominated on either pve or pvp realms.

bleeding hollow happens to be severely horde dominated pvp server

stormrage is heavily populated pve server (horde is non-existent) there.
Edited by Gistene on 4/26/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
probably the most accurate, though not entirely, would be warcraftrealms
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Nearly all realms have this. Any apparent imbalances are usually temporary or misleading, due to activity spikes, level localization, etc.

To be fair, certain realms do have a disproportionate number of one side to the other. Though that may fluctuate over the years there are some that have stayed pretty consistent.

Without micromanaging realm population there is no simple solution. Our Developers are aware that this can happen and are looking to see what can be done to help.
Edited by Vrakthris on 4/26/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
04/26/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Vrakthris
To be fair, certain realms do have a disproportionate number of one side to the other. Though that has fluctuate over the years there are some that have stayed pretty consistent.

Oh, of course. But "disproportionate" means different things to different people. I've seen ludicrous claims like "1000:1" ratios, which I know full well are grossly inaccurate. It's certainly possible that there would be more like a 1.3:1 ratio - but without placing that in the context of additional information (such as alt ratios, level range clustering, etc.), it's largely a meaningless figure.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/26/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Without micromanaging realm population there is no simple solution. Our Developers are aware that this can happen and are looking to see what can be done to help.

Just to add onto this to get it out there, from yesterday - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9576259/CoverItLive_Developer_QA_Transcript-4_25_2013

Question: Do you plan on addressing the server population issues soon or...<snip>?

Ghostcrawler: We do have plans and we are actively (as in I was in a meeting on it yesterday) working on a plan. We don't want to share that plan until we are reasonably confident that it is going to work. We want to be clear that we don't think the experience for players on very low pop realms (which includes very imbalanced factions on otherwise active realms) is a good one. We want to solve it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
ask around on the realm forum, they can give a clear idea if the server is balanced or faction dominated on either pve or pvp realms.

bleeding hollow happens to be severely horde dominated pvp server

stormrage is heavily populated pve server (horde is non-existent) there.

Every server has its doomday people but BH is still a very balanced server and the BH community would agree with me on that.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Priest
04/26/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Pahanda
To be fair, certain realms do have a disproportionate number of one side to the other. Though that has fluctuate over the years there are some that have stayed pretty consistent.

Oh, of course. But "disproportionate" means different things to different people. I've seen ludicrous claims like "1000:1" ratios, which I know full well are grossly inaccurate. It's certainly possible that there would be more like a 1.3:1 ratio - but without placing that in the context of additional information (such as alt ratios, level range clustering, etc.), it's largely a meaningless figure.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")

You've never been to illidan. 1000:1 might not be far off.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Having played on Stormrage for 2 years 1000:1 is about right Alliance is the only thing on that server
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]