When does frost get better?

90 Orc Death Knight
65% resilience and I die to a Ret pally in 7 seconds while using my Anti Magic Shell + defensive CD + blood presence?

Seriously, Most classes gib me in seconds.

What must I do to survive?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
lolfrostsurvivability.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You are a glass cannon, get used to it. And depending what class you go up against, and what defensive they pop, you can get as low as a tinfoil 9-mil.

lolfrostsurvivability
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
YOu choose when to attack hard.

You let someone else distract someone.. then you swoop in & smash face & as the offender tries to adjust from them to you.

As Frost you have to pick your battles. You are not a plate class ..lol.

We are Deaths whisper without stealth. Yea,
Edited by Nobul on 4/26/2013 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
First off, nice gear. Well gemmed and well prioritized. I would recommend des ground over winter for your 90 talent. Winter is a bit unreliable, imo the stun immunity is better. Thats about all the advice this derpknight can offer. PVP is so situational, you can totally be blown up one sec, rez, and earn wreckingball before you die the next time. Thats how us frosties roll. Live fast, smash hard, die quickly and painfully.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Frost's surviveability isnt as terrible as people make it out to be, it's all about knowing when to go big and how to use tools like Conversion properly.

I've stopped using Death Pact as a talent simply because it's usually a one-time deal while Conversion is more on demand and really can make the difference between victory or defeat if you know how to use it right. Case in point, using a combination of kiting, Conversion use, and strategic use of DS, I managed to finish off a WW Monk and kill his Feral partner when we were both around 20% health after my healer died. Wouldn't have been able to do it if I had Death Pact.

And like all melee, have to think strategically on who to engage and when in a BG so you don't get stuck in a dogpile.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
65% resilience and I die to a Ret pally in 7 seconds while using my Anti Magic Shell + defensive CD + blood presence?

Seriously, Most classes gib me in seconds.

What must I do to survive?

I have a 90 DK and pally and I can only guess the pally popped both wings and guardian to do that to you. Rets are only good every 3 minutes or so. I feel much stronger on my frost DK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
opps sorry about that OP, I popped all my cds and killed the rest of your team as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Frost is just squishy and there is no fix for it. If you are going to play frost your teammates need to provide off heals and protection.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Consider using anti-magic zone if you are not going against a team with fear-heavy classes. To second what others have said, conversion is a life saver mixed with death strikes + empower rune weapon.

Always use icebound fortitude to break the enemy stun and it will give you 20% damage reduction. Just be careful not to use up all your runic power on frost strikes as conversion will deactivate.

It's all about timing, if you use all your defensive cds before the enemy pops their offensive cds it will most likely not go over well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It doesn't get better. Frost dks are the "glass Cannon" class of wow. Either blow somebody up or be blown up.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Why do people take Conversion with Frost? It's horrible. Death Siphon is better for Frost that Conversion... Come on now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Gem for FULL resilience (everything besides the head slots, with that you can do the socket bonus)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]