PVP because you like PVP.

90 Human Paladin
If you Q up for BG's because you like PVP, well then you are doing the right thing.

If you are the sort that does PVP because you like gear rewards, go raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My name is Eisenhorne, and I'm a pvper.

I support this message.

Edit: I support the message that if you like pvp you should queue up to pvp. Gear shouldn't be the incentive to pvp, but you should have to work for your gear. Perhaps the OP and I differ in that belief.
Edited by Eisenhorne on 5/1/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I like needing to earn your gear for PVP for one simple reason..

It gives you an incentive to become better at your class.

I'm fully geared, still do randoms, still do arenas, still do RBGS.

I love smacking people but you should still need to EARN your gear.
(takes a measly 9 weeks to get full tyrannical)

It's part of the experience.. being forced to go through gear disparities and then destroying them in the end makes you a WAY better player end-game.

(this guy started halfway into s12, still got 2k)
Reply Quote
If you Q up for BG's because you like PVP, well then you are doing the right thing.
I prot pvp, but I enjoy it.

Am I still doing the right thing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am I still doing the right thing?

As much as I would hate to see you on my team, and I would probably laugh at seeing you across the way... yes. You are in randoms to have fun and earn gear. You're not demanding that people carry you to rating or take you seriously (if you have a group that likes what you do for them and you guys get rating - kudos).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
My name is Payacon, and I'm a pvper.

I support equal PvP gear for all. Equal conquest per week for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do agree that you should have to earn your gear, it does make you a better player.

For those of you who show up to BG's just to collect a set but don't like PVP.. Go raid; you will have more fun doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
more like " if you KNOW how to cooperate then Que up for pvp, otherwise don't que up"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
more like " if you KNOW how to cooperate then Que up for pvp, otherwise don't que up"

Pretty much this. Just because you "like pvp" is a bad reason. If you don't know what teamwork is, then go to the dark portal area, and kill lowbies/other 90s there. BGs are about teamwork, and just because you "like pvp" does not mean they are for you ;)
Reply Quote
I enjoy PvP, both BGs and arena. But if the game did not have gear rewards I would play a lot less. As a heavy alt player, I have no issues with the current model and look forward to gearing my alts. Without the journey do you really appreciate the destination?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I haven't played for a while and I'm just starting to come back, but when I was srs business I would just do BG's/Arena to 2.2k so I could get phat loot to go stomp people in WPvP. BG's suck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I like PVE and PVP both, because they are so very different. I think it makes me a more "well-rounded" players as far as skills. I have 2 sets of gear and I enjoy both crafting my gear and earning gear from playing.

Learning to play your class with no gear and no experience and finding a way to still contribute to the team is hard and exciting and never boring. Dying often is also humbling. As you gain gear and experience, you can improve. If you take the hard knocks in the beginning, it makes the later successes much more rewarding.

You should be be having fun and you need to contribute to the team, or don't play, IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The problem OP is that a lot of those players that "like to PvP" are also screwing over their teammates by fighting mindlessly in mid or on the roads. I like to PvP... I also like to win & to win you have to complete objectives.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The problem OP is that a lot of those players that "like to PvP" are also screwing over their teammates by fighting mindlessly in mid or on the roads. I like to PvP... I also like to win & to win you have to complete objectives.

I'm a mid-fighter.

But I force them back into the graveyard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm a mid-fighter.

There is a right way & a wrong way to farm mid.

Right way: Focus down and kill the EFC and any healers as they cross mid

Wrong way: 6-7 DPS all on different targets, not one is a healer or the EFC (see this a LOT).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
I'm a mid-fighter.But I force them back into the graveyard.

Mid fighting is a viable strategy....if you do it right.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Mid fighting is a viable strategy....if you do it right.

Not if the efc shuffles past them all with his pants down to his ankles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm a mid-fighter.

There is a right way & a wrong way to farm mid.

Right way: Focus down and kill the EFC and any healers as they cross mid

Wrong way: 6-7 DPS all on different targets, not one is a healer or the EFC (see this a LOT).

*puts on Insanity*

You ordered a 75k/s burst sir?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hell I would not mind people who don't know how to play, even those that don't have a remote idea what team work is................ So long as they actually want to be in the BG to begin with.

I am sick of these French surrender monkeys saying crap like..

Oh guys, lets just let them win, they are gonna win any way.

I am not the guy that goes and farms you GY if you are loosing, im not the guy who intentionally holds the flag up so my team can farm your GY.

I am the guy who will make sure you don't get camped, cause that's fkn lame.

I am playing to have a good time, and I do think the opposing team deserves the same. Some fkn respect now and then is a good thing.

If the opposing team sucks, just end the damn game. If they fight back, more power too em; at least they are not quitters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]