Addon Help

90 Goblin Warrior
I just installed a Addon but i can't seem to find the addons tab in interface in game!? I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to get it going for me!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Sounds like it was your first one AND you didn't install it correctly. Is it in:

/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/?

The convention is for the addion to be inside a folder, generally with it's name as the name of the folder... like so:

/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Recount/
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
make sure it's not in an extra folder

Correct:
/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Recount/Recount.toc

Not correct:
/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Recount folder/Recount/Recount.toc
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I clicked my addons folder and it says 6 things, libs, locales, routes.lva, tsp.lva, modules and plugins?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Not all addons have a tab in the interface section. Some of them use their own window that you can generally access by typing "/nameofaddon config" For example:

Deadly Boss Mods: /dbm
Prat: /prat
Tiptac: /tiptac

etc. Some addons (like DBM up there) might use an initialism so try a few combinations. Depending on the addon, it might give you a welcome message upon login, telling you how to access the config panel. Good luck!!
Reply Quote
Or use the Curse client...it makes it so much easier, no puzzle, just download and it install all by itself. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
05/16/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Cupïd
I clicked my addons folder and it says 6 things, libs, locales, routes.lva, tsp.lva, modules and plugins?

Sounds like an improperly installed addon. those would be the sub folders of an addon directory

if you have addons/ with those folders in there, that addon is installed wrong. It's missing a main folder
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]