Nvidia driver constantly stops responding

29 Blood Elf Rogue
After having been gone since WOTLK, I had someone send me a Scroll of Resurrection. I'm running a brand new fresh install of Wow, the latest Nvidia drivers and in 2 hours of attempted play, I've crashed at least a dozen times with a "driver stopped responding" message.

I only see this in Wow and no other games.

I've tried most of the recommendations in the stickied thread on this with no luck. In fact, after the latest change (a Windows registry change to increase how long Windows GPU timeout setting), the driver crashed without me even moving or looking around. I was simply trying to reset the Interface settings which ALWAYS reset when this happens.

Very frustrated and don't see much point in going beyond my free 7 days from the scroll, when that sticky thread goes back to like last October.

If anyone was similarly frustrated by this problem and found a fix I'd appreciate any feedback.

Woody
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Go to Advanced settings and switch from Direct X 11 to Direct X 9, this fixes the driver crash.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Rogue
Yes, it does. I was actually logging back in to provide exactly that update as I had given this a shot last night. On DX9 I had zero crashes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]