The Cult of Ythrl

33 Undead Priest
is another term for "friends of man & beast". Things have gone in a decidedly downwards direction since last I put words here. What happened/where da hood at?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://youtu.be/ZSjyvnMiAQE
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
I cannot believe anyone saved that link.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I knew it would be handy one day.

You're a paragon of the exodar community, how could I not?
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
A paragon?! It has gotten that bad huh? I'll shed a few oily tears over that sad state of affairs if I can summon up the fluids.

Regardless, Ythrl says that the tide always returns to the shore, though the shore is never enriched by the meeting. I think he means that I've washed up on your forums again like so much driftwood to sell you a bronze membership package in the Cult. It is hard to tell with him. He loves talking talking about tides and eons of imprisonment and all kinds of other weird stuff so you never can tell.

That video reminds me that it has been nearly 5 years since the Exodar chapter was founded. If it was a child, it would be old enough to join a militia in Syria.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It has gotten that bad! Its refreshing to see the Cult being represented again.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
r cowz alowed 2 jon ur fin relgen?

am cureently membr o da church o cow jebus...but mebee swich?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
All I can say is.. it's about time. What precipitated the return of the cult of the Great Tentacled One? You have been missed. We haven't sacrificed any gnomes in quite some time.
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
Well, it is a little embarrassing, but I'm essentially trapped here now by means of an ever tightening web of restraining orders. It turns out that Exodar is at least 300 yards away from most places at all times.

I'm saddened by the state of the forums. The most popular threads are guild recruitment with like 500 views over months. I remember threads easily hitting that many views in a day. Where did everyone go? Is the server dead, or do people just not use the forums?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
exdar forum: http://oi39.tinypic.com/qsnv3s.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
We haven't sacrificed any gnomes in quite some time.

Watch it, zombie.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
dont wurrie giglgfoot

jus bak lot o cupcak fur da tentacoled 1
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Alot of ppl stopped trolling when an addon became available with chrome that allowed others to see who your main is. We also have an Exodar facebook page where people still troll, but there are fewer limitations than on Blizz's forums.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Heart don't tell more people about that addon, it will only encourage.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
chet
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
Eh, well I only have a level 80 shaman on this account so no worries on that front. So all the old crew went over to facebook? That is almost as sad as the state of the forums. How active is it over there?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's pretty active. There is QQing at times, and good drama. Less restrictions than here. Too bad you missed the whole Ducelet and Vile drama, you would have enjoyed.
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
It's pretty active. There is QQing at times, and good drama. Less restrictions than here. Too bad you missed the whole Ducelet and Vile drama, you would have enjoyed.
Tell me this tale so that I may record it in the pages of the Liber Dramaticus.
Edited by Mortus on 4/28/2013 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Oh Ducelet was the GM of a Horde guild called Ever After. She took a break, and passed GM to someone else who guild-kicked her when she came back and asked for lead (this is according to all her QQ's in trade). So she became a huge trade troll and was quite nasty. Then a certain someone discovered her FB page where it became clear that she wasn't a she at all, but a he. Even though she quite sounded like a she in vent (I know this personally from doing a pug with her). She server transferred rather quickly after she was exposed.

The story of Vile I was personally involved in. A druid healer in my guild pugged a raid with a raiding guild called "Vile". a BIS offhand dropped for resto druids, but a mage in their guild ended up with it. I stepped in and made it known that this was a problem, and was pretty much blown off. So I let everyone know in the usual way to beware of pugging with Vile, and the experiences of my guildie. They attempted to defend their actions, but things really went downhill fast when their GM, whose name was Khumquat, stepped up to the forums. He tried to rationalize it as many ways possible, but the damage was already done, and it was all quite comical. The end result was that they were henceforth unable to recruit to their guild, as their guild had become the server joke. Several of their key raiders left, and in the end Khumquat server transferred, guild and all.
Sorry you missed all that, it was comparable in hilarity to the time you exposed Alexio.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
wuz a bad cow...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]