Possible Transfer

If your a raiding guild or trying to be one and have any hopes to look at end game heroic kills you either have a set roster or your only hope of finding good people to fill your roster is off the server transfers. That says it all there.

eh not really too dead set on heroic raiding (kind of if it happens it happens). just would love to be able to find a SINGLE pug to fill a raid (my realm its literally impossible to find a single person to get a 10m going)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
It's not the server that's dying. The game is dying.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's not the server that's dying. The game is dying.

Sad to say it slowly is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tura is dying? Have you seen servers like Kalecgos. Back in Wrath it was in the 50s-ish area, now it's ranked 226 and still going down.
Tura is pretty well off compared to Kalecgos.
Edited by Zemiki on 5/3/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If you wanna see a dead server, walk around Grizzly Hills for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The only reason i'd be inclined to agree the server is slowly dying is the lack of recruits looking for guilds, and even then I think it's more that alot of people don't wish to do 25's for whatever reason+ this Tier is actually a challenge+ Summer coming up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I only use guilds for perks and conversations. I don't have time nor want to raid. End of Wrath back on Kalecgos ruined it for me so bad the thought of raiding makes me cringe. Nothing like wiping 5-6 hours on a farm boss at the end of an expansion.
Reply Quote
If you wanna see a dead server, walk around Grizzly Hills for a while.

or baelgun... :/ 11 raiding guilds on horde side atm
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The real issue is that people feel that if you aren't on one of the tippy-top servers for progression, population, pvp, etc. then you are on a dead server. In a lot of cases servers aren't dying or dead. Our perception has just changed. Sometimes getting a recruit to a server like Tura is difficult because of this perception. They don't want to come here because Zul'jin or Sargeras or Area 52 or Stormrage or Illidan or (insert top server here) is a more attractive prospect if you are already planning a move.

But that perception is NOT reality. The reality is Turalyon is fine. More than fine. 26th of 244 US servers in progression. 23rd of 244 in population. A thriving economy (despite the constant whining and complaining). Turalyon is a great place to be.

For now
Reply Quote

For now

well hopefully it stays a great place for a bit longer.. as in about a hour or less i will be a new member of the realm :D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

well hopefully it stays a great place for a bit longer.. as in about a hour or less i will be a new member of the realm :D

There goes the neighborhood.
Reply Quote
BAHH! well my monk made the trip (and apparently realm transfers dont include race change anymore :/

now to wait for the right time to move my paladin, old guild and get my friend/s to move as well
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The real issue is that people feel that if you aren't on one of the tippy-top servers for progression, population, pvp, etc. then you are on a dead server. In a lot of cases servers aren't dying or dead. Our perception has just changed. Sometimes getting a recruit to a server like Tura is difficult because of this perception. They don't want to come here because Zul'jin or Sargeras or Area 52 or Stormrage or Illidan or (insert top server here) is a more attractive prospect if you are already planning a move.

But that perception is NOT reality. The reality is Turalyon is fine. More than fine. 26th of 244 US servers in progression. 23rd of 244 in population. A thriving economy (despite the constant whining and complaining). Turalyon is a great place to be.

For now

Exactly.
This is a perfect server since most people on those higher rated servers can be a bit of narcissistic(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder) and they can be a bit rude. A few of my friends made me go to Blackrock for a bit on an alt and the experience was not that great :(

But I think Tura is perfect mostly because Kalecgos is 223-226 out of 244. It could be worse, but when Org and SW are cross-realm then it's pretty bad. Specially since it was a pvp server and Horde way outbalanced Alliance there.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
The only reason i'd be inclined to agree the server is slowly dying is the lack of recruits looking for guilds, and even then I think it's more that alot of people don't wish to do 25's for whatever reason+ this Tier is actually a challenge+ Summer coming up.

I've never been one to believe that seasonal dips are the primary reason the population of a server is what makes the game feel dull. Ever since the game's population started dropping in Cataclysm, the excuse has always been:
-during Jan-March: "School is back in session. People are focusing on studies."
-during April-June: "Finals and people taking a break to enjoy Summer"
-during July-September: "People enjoying the end of summer and returning to school"
-during October-December: "Studying for finals. People busy with the Holidays."

By the above logic, no game would ever have significant sales.

What's been causing the mass die off of dozens of once medium and even former high pop realms? Market saturation. WoW has been going on so long, that practically anyone that might play WoW has played WoW. At this point, the name of the game for Blizzard is to manage a steady decline and maintain as many subs for as long as possible.

We've seen glimpses of what they might end up doing over the past couple of months. If you haven't been paying attention, the number of servers in both Korea and China have been reduced by 2/3rds. I would not be at all surprised if a similar approach were to be taken with a lot of low and medium population realms in the US/EU. It's going to happening eventually. The only question is, "When?"

But you say, "Ebayslayer, why would they merge medium pop realms together? Most currently have a somewhat healthy population." Good question Timmy. Simply put, planning for the future. The average medium population realm is merely two or three major guild breakups from going down to low population. Merging multiple Medium and Low population realms into a select few High or Full population realms pushes back how far until they have to
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]