[BUG] Priest 2pc resetting stats

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
The priest 2pc allows for a shadowy apparition to have a 65% chance to add one tic to the duration of the DoTs currently applied to a target. When dots are cast a snapshot of buffs/stats is used to determine damage dealt and at what rate. As soon as an apparition extends that duration ALL buffs are removed and the DoT for the remaining duration only uses base SP/Haste thus making all buffs useless.

I have noticed this on many occasions in raiding and tested it in the court of bones with guaranteed crit chance and have it wear off immediately for the buff because of the extension.

This is a breaking bug for priests because we rely so heavily on mastery/haste to do damage that the buffs that we use talent points on like DI are essentially useless for two major spells.
90 Draenei Priest
Bump for answers!
100 Worgen Priest
That's not entirely accurate. Intellect procs and crit procs(such as Perfect Aim from Unerring Vision) go through the normal DoT duration until they fall off.

Haste buffs however, such as those from the valor trinket, Power Infusion, and the Legendary Meta Gem, are removed as soon as an app hits and adds a tick. This makes our current set bonuses a DPS loss and makes the Legendary Meta significantly less useful when used with tier.
90 Draenei Priest
Yeah, the fact that haste related things fall off, while int/crit related things stay is what makes it seem like a bug to me....or it's working as intended. Hopefully we can get some better insight into the situation.
90 Draenei Priest
bump for a blue response!
90 Troll Priest
Confirmed this bug and I've been forced to swap out tier pieces to avoid losing dps.

It should not be a dps loss to use our tier. We cannot use our 2piece and therefore 4piece tier set bonuses in this current state.
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is becoming unacceptable. Priests are as of right now the only class that is actually hurt by taking what is supposed to be some of the best and "unique" gear for them. No other class benefits from using only off gear to do their tanking/healing/damage. Priests shouldn't be getting the VERY short end of the stick here.

A blue post that would give us some hope would be appreciated. Without that I will be forced to re-roll because my class is no longer fun which is what Blizzard wants. It seems a direct attack and insult that something that is so integral, both Shadowy Apparitions and our Tier bonuses, would be bugged to the point that we go out of our way to AVOID them.

This is something that should have been hot-fixed as soon as it was found being what I would consider a major mechanics bug. No other class has to endure this treatment why should we?
12 Goblin Mage
Because the dev's appear to hate spriests these days :(
Quality Assurance
A fix has been generated for this issue and will be applied in an upcoming patch. Thanks for all your reports.
90 Troll Priest
A fix has been generated for this issue and will be applied in an upcoming patch. Thanks for all your reports.

Upcoming patch as in a hotfix or do we have to wait for 5.3 ?
Edited by Raksasha on 4/30/2013 11:46 AM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
Thanks for the fix! Any way it can be hotfixed in, or do we seriously have to wait until 5.3 for our tier not to be a dps loss?
90 Human Priest
Race: Human
Hit : 15.02% 4767 (+14.02% hit chance)
Weapon : Toral, Rod of the Shattered Throne
Gear : T15 4pc

While doing H.MSV and first 4 bosses of ToT today I noticed that my Shadowy Apparitions are missing targets by variance of 1 miss to max 4 miss counts.

Im using Torall mace, so it gives me 1% spellhit bonus.

Could this be the cause that the SA's are taking 14.02% spellhit and not take into consideration the mace specialization bonus?

This is affecting my tier bonus although small, it needs fixing.
Edited by Midnights on 5/1/2013 11:01 AM PDT
89 Undead Rogue

Would it be possible to describe the fix briefly?
90 Pandaren Priest
05/01/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Umbranex

this, please.
1 Night Elf Druid
05/02/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Aileana

this, please.

It fixes it.

You're welcome.
90 Worgen Priest
I do hope that 5.3 is not the predicted release for this fix. I would enjoy having a working tier bonus for some portion of this current patch.

In any case, though, I'm pretty happy that we now know there will be a resolution to this problem. Thanks for letting us know, Sapper.
90 Troll Priest
LA
Unfortunately, there were a few issues with the set bonus that were inconsistent with GC's description on the now-defunct PTR forums. I really wish we could know how they actually intend for it to work nowadays.
Edited by Sheytan on 5/3/2013 10:24 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
Would love to see this fixed.
Edited by Lunarlife on 5/4/2013 11:42 PM PDT
33 Undead Priest

That's great you have a fix! Will this be hotfixed anytime soon? Waiting for patch 5.3 is pretty lame considering our tier being a dps nerf.

From my understanding it suppose to extend our current dots with buffs but it recalculates crit aftet the normal tick period of our dots because of the vision trinket being op.

Can you explain how our tier is exactly suppose to work?
90 Draenei Priest
This is a big enough bug, in my opinion, to warrant its own hotfix BEFORE 5.3. This is making it extremely hard to stay competitive when you factor in that spriests are already at the back of the bus, again. I think if there was a bug like this that effected a more popular dps class this drastically, it would have already been fixed. For example, there was a bug with the melee dps LMG that seemed to be fixed within a week of it coming to light. I understand that some issues may require more work to fix than others but this bug has been in the open for quite some time now. Even the blue post on this page was posted almost a week ago.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]