Frost 2h vs DW for PvE: Which wins out?

78 Human Death Knight
I realize that Noxxic has 2H edging out DW by about 10k dps.. but this is with BiS gear correct? I'm wondering if DW would be better for lower ilvl?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
First mistake was going to Noxxic. Secondly, both are competitive, so play whichever you want to.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
DW pulled ahead slightly in 5.1, 2H seems to be pulling ahead slightly in 5.2. It's mostly what spec you're best at playing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Use whichever you have the best weapons for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Go unholy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I love my Dual Wielding. I finally got the reforging and gemming working for it and it's doing fine.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Use whichever you have the best weapons for.

This is the correct answer. While gearing up you have to take what you can get. If you get into raiding down the road you have the flexibility to go with whichever weapons are used less by your raid group, increasing your group's loot efficiency.

Make sure to read the frost stickies though, because 2h and dual wield have different rotations.
Edited by Boneshatter on 4/28/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
how do you change your dw / 2h specialization for frost
Edited by Chinoz on 4/29/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
The biggest thing for which spec to play to keep in mind is weapons since frost and dks in general are extremely weapon dependent. Currently 2h is ahead slightly but it's not a complete blow out. you'll probably notice a bit but overall it's not too much of a difference to where it's game breaking. Go with what you're best with.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
how do you change your dw / 2h specialization for frost

You don't really. You just equip a 2h or 2 1h weapons. Although, you do have to wait....30 seconds, I believe, or the talents for each, motfw for 2h and tot for dw, to come up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]