Druid T14 vs T15

90 Troll Druid
I've got 4/5 of the T14 set(shoulders are from LFR the rest are 496 or up) and wondering if getting the T15 LFR stuff would be better even though I'd lose the T14 set bonus. Thoughts? Also my spirit is kind of low but it hasn't caused me any problems until Horridon. We finish the 3rd door and I'm running on fumes the rest of the fight and I just can't keep people alive through Jalak's AoE. Should I start replacing mixed gems with straight spirit gems? Or should I just wait for better gear?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
T14 > T15.

That is all
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Logs would help.

Your gemming/enchants as well as spirit level appear to be fine.

Who are your other healers? If you're oom'ing by 3rd door, I smell a bad healing comp to deal with dispels/2nd 3rd door debuffs are wrecking raid.

Your level of spirit should be fine and mana should not be an issue on this fight unless dispels are a big problem. Make sure you're symbiosising a pally to give you an extra dispel for 2nd and 3rd doors.

Also for Jalaks aoe, raid should be stacked on side of horridon and there should most definately be no adds left. Stacked = SM/WG/Mushroom heaven. Shrooms really shine here, but I havn't even had to use them because..aoe is non exsistant in my raid, jalak is a joke. He's gone in no time.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/29/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I would only drop the 4pc t14 if

- My t14 was LFR/496 without any upgrades

- I could equip at least a 2pc t15 @522 item levels
Now if I had heroic t14 I most likely wouldn't change until I had 4pc heroic t15 because SotF with t14 and the 2pc t14 bonus are still very very good

But alas most of us don't have that choice so judge what's of more personal value but don't neglect that straight stat increase 522 provide.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I run SoTF all the time. I could put on 522 4 set right now. But you know why I don't? Less SM = Less SoTF = Less output overall. Especially if you use it on CD like I do. I ALWAYS SM someone - usually melee, occasionally a tank, and WG with my SoTF.

T15 = clunky.... VERY clunky!

I may use T15 in heroic content when the rejuv bonus healing may be in handy, but in normal modes it just means more overhealing.

The major stat you lose is stamina. I did the math once, and you don't lose a ton of intellect by not switching. Though - my T14 is all 504.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Logs would help.

Your gemming/enchants as well as spirit level appear to be fine.

Who are your other healers? If you're oom'ing by 3rd door, I smell a bad healing comp to deal with dispels/2nd 3rd door debuffs are wrecking raid.

Your level of spirit should be fine and mana should not be an issue on this fight unless dispels are a big problem. Make sure you're symbiosising a pally to give you an extra dispel for 2nd and 3rd doors.

Also for Jalaks aoe, raid should be stacked on side of horridon and there should most definately be no adds left. Stacked = SM/WG/Mushroom heaven. Shrooms really shine here, but I havn't even had to use them because..aoe is non exsistant in my raid, jalak is a joke. He's gone in no time.

No logs unfortunately, I'm gonna start logging this week though. My co-healer is a shaman and we usually have a ret pally but he couldn't make it last time we attempted Horridon so we had no dispels for the third door and that was one of the reasons we were going oom. As for jalak we were stacking but the shaman and i were both oom and just didnt have the mana. I noticed on the first door there were more debuffs going out then we could dispel not sure if thats normal or if the adds weren't dying fast enough/not being interrupted enough.

I would only drop the 4pc t14 if

- My t14 was LFR/496 without any upgrades

- I could equip at least a 2pc t15 @522 item levels
Now if I had heroic t14 I most likely wouldn't change until I had 4pc heroic t15 because SotF with t14 and the 2pc t14 bonus are still very very good

But alas most of us don't have that choice so judge what's of more personal value but don't neglect that straight stat increase 522 provide.

That was kinda my thought also. I guess I'll be using T14 a while longer.
Edited by Trolljin on 4/29/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
T14 > T15.

That is all

In heroic modes T15 is awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
T14 > T15.

That is all

In heroic modes T15 is awesome.

Yeah I can see that, we likely wont be doing that many heroic to be honest.

Anyways, I got my T15 4 piece last night - I setup my gear so that I can swap between T14 4 piece and T15 5 piece without needed to reforge/regem anything. This way I can swap based on the fight if I want to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]