dentarg is turning into a ghost town

90 Worgen Druid
I have noticed since MOP expansion our server is slowly but surely fading away into a ghost town.
Alot of the experienced raiders have left to join higher populated servers such as stormrage and ilidan to get more progression in current content raids wich is all well an good for the mean time but how about long term?

1) everyone gathering on the one server means the price of gear and matts will be low but the latency will be enormous..
2) lower populated servers turn to ghost towns and the inflated price of matts and gear is enormously expensive in the auction houses
3)it is quite expensive to transfer multiuple toons as blizz does not allow package deals

So how can blizz fix this?

1) combine lower populated servers to increase population? (possibly)
2)encourage people to stay on lower populated servers decreasing lag/latency by making all new current content raids "cross server"
3) create a raid chat next general and trade. where cross server people can recruit and pug from for raids..similar to www.openraid.com

how does this effect hardcore raiders and server first achieves? simple just make sure 10/10 people are on the same server in your group..similar to guild raid credit by having 8/10 people from the same guild in the raid group...

doing this will allow for players to be spread out evenly across all servers reducing lag and allowing people to still benefit from current raid content...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Looks like you xfer'd your Pally off Dent to Rienheart. Funny how you made this post ..

None the less Dent is dead. Has been for a long time. People are just realizing it now. During Cata, S.W was full of people along with Org.

Trying to get a grp for anything was almost next to impossible. If you did find people, it was usually a bunch of egotistical people to full of themselves. Partly why I stopped Raiding and turned to pvp. That I just find pvp more fun. Why I moved 4 toons and my guild to MalGanis. More people to find groups that aren't full of themselves. We can get two full raid groups together for world bosses in about 15mins. Give or take. On Dent. that would never happen.

Even some of the better pvp people have left, some remain there so they can stick out show off their Epens. To people that don't know what the word pvp really means.

Yes, Blizz should see this trend. yes, they should combine Dent with some other server that's lacking as well and maybe Dent or w/e might be viable again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
thanks for your reply and yes i have transferred some of my toons to a higher populated server but rienheart is a warrior and is still on dentarg along with our guild..

blizzard told me that if I wanted to fix this issue I had to generate interest from dentarg people through forums and submitting suggestions and that is what I am trying to achieve...

when I pass through stromwind or the shrine I post a macro asking people to submit a suggestion..

hoping just maybe the wow gods will hear and do something..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's doubtful. Most people don't care on there and would rather suffer and try to be known on a small populated server. People need to try a high pop server and see what a real server is like.

A huge Ah where alot of things are not over priced due to lack of people farming etc.

Dent will die off and probably be merged when Blizz see's what's happening. Which i doubt will be anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yes Blizz pls do something about this I would love to transfer to a higher populated server but the prices are way to high IMO the game isn't much more than a transfer either lower the prices to transfer or merge servers together pls.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't necessarily think so.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I'm not sure if there is a clear solution. Merging small servers doesn't necessarily solve the problems these servers face and just making everything cross realm kind of destroys the identity of servers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
the question is...why are people leaving lower populated servers and flocking to the higher ones?

I believe due to raid progression in TOTS..

my friend chauncho left to join stromrage and in one week pugged into TOTS and is now 12/12 norm..no guild on dentarg aliance from what i know has even downed norm consorts or lei'shen..i think horde hound gang has on horde side though....

most other servers are 7/13 heroic...

making TOTS cross server I believe would stop people from all congrigating on the one high populated server and they would spread out..

I use www.openraid.com and alot of other people do aswell to raid MSV/HOF/TOES

works really well..theres a trade chat and people recruit from it on both horde and aliance servers from all over the place EU and US
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It does seem to be becoming a more obvious issue, doesn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
We are leaving because there are no puggable raiders on this server. When something comes up and someone is out or someone is having connection issues this server is completely devoid of anyone to step in. We have had a number of uncontrollable issues arise the last few weeks and more than a few nights have been killed because we can't even get a dps to fill in here. Not saying we would be 12/12 but this has slowed us down. So next week is the last week on dentarg. This is what is killing dentarg. Does cross realm solve this? Maybe but there are more issues that arise with cross realm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
well if cross realm TOTS was available we could pug from www.openraid.com from all the other realms and servers..first week of tots and all the previos mop raids became cross server i pugged into a heroic MSV and HOF run..woot!!!

also blizz could create a cross server raid chat inbetween our general and combat chat windows we could use to pug from possibly?
Reply Quote
I would like to see Dentarg alive again. Lots of good raiders I know have left and still more are leaving.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well i made a toon on illidan and it s truly different. Galeon dead every hour, sha every 30 min...
The problem on dentarg it s not the low population but the lack of people willing to raid and do rbgs instead of farming, xmog runs etc...
Plus there is alot of new players and kids on it.
When you come to pugging usually none of them heard about ventrillo and u hve to take 30 min to explain to them how to put id in it and after that when u pull on boss he/she either do very low dps or wipe the entire raid because he/she only knows it from lfr.
It s easy more quality raid would have happen on dentarg if people know their classes, rotation and what is a vent.
You dont need more people but u need skilled people.
Plus you can transfer any toon to any server if u dont know your rotation and stuff u ll get kicked anyway from group. Because at a point having an ilvl of 500 and pulling only 40-50k is unacceptable.
And blizzard can only solve that by making a detailed and easy guide for each class and for each boss ( the bosses guide today is totaly incomplete). Because alot of people never heard about elitistjerks, icy veins even noxxic ... You cant explain to each pug what they need to do because it will slow your progression. Mainly who transfer look on forums, website... for statistics like how many guilds killed that boss on heroic, how many on normals etc
Finally they wont allow merging servers, or cross realm because they will lose money and that they know it and keep avoiding it.
Edited by Coldsunshine on 5/3/2013 4:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
First off. Avoid Illdian like the plague. yes its high pop. but A LOT of Chinese gold seller spam. Stormrage is good. Even Malganis(PVP) that I am on now is is mind blowing. People working together to kill world bosses. Always guilds or people looking for pugs for w/e might be going on. Constant trade chat guild and pub spam etc.

the other problem with Dent is the ones that are cocky (I can name a few Alli and horde) and or don't have the patience to teach new players what things are or what works and what don't. I currently speak to one person on dent through Btag that had/has no idea what to be doing with their lock. That's still a work in progress. But I do it so they can learn and pass it along.

However, this shouldn't be up to a random person to help a person should be able to rely on their guild mates to a point for help and info, I've rarely seen this in the few guilds I was in while on Horde. Their guild should be helping them if they want people to progress and have their guild progress in what they want to do and what people's interests are. I

A lot of people and Guilds are not willing to do that. People just expect everyone to know this or that, and then when they ask in trade they get troll answers. Mind you there is a point to what you can tell someone, and Google is sometimes better than asking in trade.

And as for kids. yea kids play, some are better than the Adults i've seen and some are more mature than some and willing to learn. Then there's the one's I just want to reach through my mic/screen and choke.

The only way HHG got through the raids was help from Blood Legion.

If you want to look for Pugs. There's another Addon called OQueue. It can be used for Raids/Rbgs/dg's Etc. It's on Curse as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/03/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Därkenrähl
but A LOT of Chinese gold seller spam.

So? what s wrong with chinese ? u can disable trade chat.
Plus there is gold sellers not chinese gold sellers watch ur words next time. Evryone sell and trade.

If u re so kind to teach evryone why did u transfer why dont u stay and teach evryone open a school idk since u seems to hve alot and alot of patience and not cocky right?
Edited by Coldsunshine on 5/3/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
it was usually a bunch of egotistical people to full of themselves

Guess u got kicked alot from raid groups

And why all this rage, cool bro hve fun it s a game!!

We all sarted as total noobs, me first but i didnt annoy anyone for an hour and wasted a progression night to learn my rotation or how to play the game i google it.
Guildies have zero obligation.

It s like in real life if you dont do your homeworks no one else will do them for you.
Edited by Coldsunshine on 5/3/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Fyi. I'm not a raider.
2nd i xfer'd because Dent is dead. Not wasting my time on there when i can do much more some place else.
Guildies have zero obligation.

that right there is why guilds fail, and people have to pug.

That's all i'm saying on this. so post away, not wasting anymore time on this post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
People pug because guildies dont show up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/03/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Coldsunshine
it was usually a bunch of egotistical people to full of themselves

It s like in real life if you dont do your homeworks no one else will do them for you.

You better start doing your real life English homework.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]