Heroic Tortos: Should Holy Paladins reforge?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
My question is simple, mastery is easily our best secondary stat. But as you all know, Mastery places an absorb shield on the target equal to x % of the amount healed. Should I reforge out of all my mastery and if so, should I just go full haste?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Personally I would not simply because it can still help with tank healing if the shield falls off, it can still help with extra absorbing after every stomp and can still act as a cushion during rockfalls.

If your group is good at picking up shields at the right time, not getting hit by turtles and so forth you will find much easier to get them up regardless of haste in my personal opinion.

You can also Clemency the fight to cheese the stomps alongside with divine shield and that too opens you open to do more burst healing.

Good luck with the fight and I hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with Marathel. We got Tortos down this last week and I was supirsed how much IH contributed on the fight with the shield mechanic in play. I would just stick with your normal setup.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-js7790elnimymv2h/details/3/?s=14352&e=14843

I have 27% unbuffed mastery, just for comparison sake.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd say go crit. I do for every fight. Logs to show viability:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zz9817t0pnxi944j/analyze/hd/source/?s=2468&e=2997

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ntqgqxdbeh07u7x3/analyze/hd/source/?s=5091&e=5548

I tried mastery, wasn't able to get into ranking numbers with it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Healing a full shield causes effective healing on both meters and WoL... which means logs are partially a farse for this fight. (Most true, but can easily be "played") Taking light's hammer and using it to heal a fully shielded melee stack of 6 players will make you look awesome on meters/logs, but you'll simply be meter padding with no raid benefit. (Not saying roth did this, just saying you can't trust meters)

If your IH shield is big enough from your EF'ness, then players won't lose their crystal buff when quake goes off. Or they'll be less likely to during cave in. The more people who keep their buff and never lose it the easier the fight is to heal. *cough* rogues and dks.
Edited by Pitkanen on 5/1/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Healing a full shield causes effective healing on both meters and WoL... which means logs are partially a farse for this fight. (Most true, but can easily be "played") Taking light's hammer and using it to heal a fully shielded melee stack of 6 players will make you look awesome on meters/logs, but you'll simply be meter padding with no raid benefit. (Not saying roth did this, just saying you can't trust meters)

If your IH shield is big enough from your EF'ness, then players won't lose their crystal buff when quake goes off. Or they'll be less likely to during cave in. The more people who keep their buff and never lose it the easier the fight is to heal. *cough* rogues and dks.

It stops counting towards your healing done after shields are topped. Otherwise there would be close to 0% overhealing for EVERYONE rather than the 10-15% there is.

You can also tell because atonement priests have high overheal %'s due to the fact that it picks the lowest health person, and if they got a shield while they were low all atonement heals are directed to that person.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]