Alliance - why do you hate raiding? ;_;

90 Dwarf Paladin
Just wondering. I remember days when we used to pug 25mans on a weekly basis, and now there's like 2 and a half 10m guilds total doing anything in Throne. Why do people not want to raid? Is LFR good enough? Are schedules conflicting? Do you have scathing hatred for the current raiding guilds?

--Signed, Sincerely, Someone who has been desperately trying to recruit for weeks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Because errybody is horde. What's the spread on thrall, 90/10?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They don't hate raiding, there just isn't anyone here. The pool of players to pull from on Thrall Alliance is terribly tiny. We have very few raiders that are capable of any sort of decent progression raiding, and of course they're all on different schedules.

The majority of the alliance guilds have either gone Horde, transffered of just plain broken up because of the lack of people available. ATM I'm taking a break from raiding myself, after struggling to put together any sort of raid group from the awfulness that is Thrall Alliance I can't stand the idea of raiding on this server/faction combo again.

Contemplating rerolling on another server, sadly I can't afford a transfer right now. As much as I hate to say it, RUN get the heck away from this sunk ship and save your guild before it swallows you too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
We've talked with a number of people who seem to be under some delusion they ARE raiding. Two bosses into Vaults is.... not very much raiding.

But I agree, when you're resorting to scouring the armory for potential recruits it feels pretty sad. A guy who recently came back to playing the game and is just now going through Pandaria leveling said he doesn't think he's seen an alliance in two days of playing - and if anything, Thrall allies LOVE alts, heh.

A lot of the former alliance guilds who turned horde ended up breaking up too it seems though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A lot of times when a guild transfers/faction changes they're in the process of breaking up anyways. The transfer is a last ditch effort frequently. IMO they should be considered before it's a "transfer or die" situation. I had a guildie back in Cata offer to pay for a transfer of some of the guild, I should have taken him up on it then. Had a bunch of people resisting, but would have been better off if we had.

I made a horde alt a while back in cata just to hang out with a few friends who went horde, I find myself lately spending more time on that toon then on my main. Just for the fact that there's activity in the community. I had all 4 world bosses killed by Tuesday night. This toon hasn't even had a chance to fight Oondanasta, never mind kill it.

And yea, killing a few bosses in MGV isn't a real raid guild imo at least. It's a casual group that screws around in old content. As far as actual raid guilds go on thrall there's two, You guys, and Epic. Both of you are having a hard time recruiting from what I hear.
Edited by Temparia on 4/26/2013 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
But being a casual baddie is fun. You can pet battle, aimlessly level a buttload of alts, and...yeah... that's about all I do anymore...lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Because errybody is horde. What's the spread on thrall, 90/10?

The raiding community's even lower. =/

They don't hate raiding, there just isn't anyone here. The pool of players to pull from on Thrall Alliance is terribly tiny. We have very few raiders that are capable of any sort of decent progression raiding, and of course they're all on different schedules.

Yeah, it's not that that they don't hate it, they just... can't. I know with my brother, it was just too much of a time investment.

And yea, killing a few bosses in MGV isn't a real raid guild imo at least. It's a casual group that screws around in old content. As far as actual raid guilds go on thrall there's two, You guys, and Epic. Both of you are having a hard time recruiting from what I hear.

No, it doesn't count imo. If they're laid back and casual and all that, fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/25/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Popalicious
Why do people not want to raid?

I came to this server about a year and a half ago. In that time I've met a lot of alliance people who wanted to raid but had no experience in raiding. Unfortunately in today's wow era, no experience=good luck with that.

I started raiding in wotlk. I was recruited into a raiding guild that was ran by 3 hardcore raiders. These guys were tired of sitting in chat trying to fill raid spots for hours. So they formed Vise Roys or Vice Roy (i don't remember) and recruited a ton of non raiders who wanted to raid. That guild ran 3 raid groups without pugging, two 10mans and a 25 man.

In short, there are choices to be made. Sit in chat for hours looking for achievements and or experience or recruit anyone interested in raiding and take 3-5 minutes to explain the fights.

Personally, I wanted to come into mop hoping to raid again. I really enjoyed hanging out in vent and killing sh*t. Having some laughs!!! Finding a weekend raiding guild has been a challenge along with grinding rep on alts sucking wow time.

Don't give up on thrall alliance. There are people out there who want to raid, they just need a chance.

Cheers and good luck
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
We've never been picky about experience, just aptitude and drive. I've seen it happen equally as frequently where people without raid experience lack the confidence to raid, they think they can't for some reason - and most people really can if they just decide to give it a try.

If you're looking for weekend raiding I know Raid Hub is trying to do Fridays and Saturdays 25m.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've raided for years on Thrall Alliance and have enjoyed it. Taking a look back and comparing to what is happening today, I believe that LFR has caused a lot of the problems we are experiencing. I believe it boils down to this.

What is the one thing that drives people to play this game?
Answer: NEW CONTENT!

Everyone wants to experience game content. Well, just like basic economics, demand is driven by availability. Guilds could sell raid content/gear to people for time and commitment. You don't need to join a guild to see raid content or get specialty gear anymore. In fact the LFR pugs don't even have to be competent to clear the boss since they are so retardedly easy.

Now days I find myself casually logging in and doing a few LFR (hoping for gear). Because I can see content and do all the things I would do in a raiding guild at any time, I have no drive to do normal raid.

LFR is a disease (IMHO) and it is spreading. Waiting on Elder Scrolls Online...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
people without raid experience lack the confidence to raid, they think they can't for some reason - and most people really can if they just decide to give it a try.

Agree 100%.

If you're looking for weekend raiding I know Raid Hub is trying to do Fridays and Saturdays 25m.

Thanks. I have 1 more profession toon to work on rep with and I can finally sit back and enjoy free time with MOP.

Waiting on Elder Scrolls Online...

ikr?
I love WOW. I enjoy it very much. I enjoy the community especially the people in the guild I'm in. But it's Elder Scrolls....online! can't wait.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I've raided for years on Thrall Alliance and have enjoyed it. Taking a look back and comparing to what is happening today, I believe that LFR has caused a lot of the problems we are experiencing. I believe it boils down to this.

What is the one thing that drives people to play this game?
Answer: NEW CONTENT!

Everyone wants to experience game content. Well, just like basic economics, demand is driven by availability. Guilds could sell raid content/gear to people for time and commitment. You don't need to join a guild to see raid content or get specialty gear anymore. In fact the LFR pugs don't even have to be competent to clear the boss since they are so retardedly easy.

Now days I find myself casually logging in and doing a few LFR (hoping for gear). Because I can see content and do all the things I would do in a raiding guild at any time, I have no drive to do normal raid.

LFR is a disease (IMHO) and it is spreading. Waiting on Elder Scrolls Online...

This is a giant steaming pile of garbage and you know it. It's just the stupid "cool" thing to do to blame LFR. It makes you seem like a serious player. If your raid is adversely affected by the addition of LFR you probably weren't going to go far anyways. LFR heroes are the people that rage quit after 3 wipes. No serious guild really !@#$%es about LFR other than maybe feeling like the have to do it themselves for gear. LFR and actual raiding are entirely different animals. I consider myself a raider, but dont feel like raiding now, so I can't even work up the motivation to do LFR because I have no incentive. Namely I would do LFR to get a brief glance of fights before going in with my raid group, sometimes needing gear to help my raid group, or just work on a new spec/rotation. It never was and never will be a substitute.

Thrall ally is dead. If you think LFR killed it you're just plain wrong.
Edited by Andrraste on 4/27/2013 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is a giant steaming pile of garbage and you know it. It's just the stupid "cool" thing to do to blame LFR.

Believe what you like. I know what I'm talking about, because it has effected me and others around me. I raided for progression, gear, and to lay claim over defeating the end boss. Don't need to do that now with a guild. Many feel the same way.

I'm not saying there are some that want to raid normal or hard modes anymore. I'm making a statement of why its so hard to get people to join a guild to fill raid spots.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I think LFR is certainly de-incentivizes people to try raiding with a guild in the first place. I don't think a newer player would necessarily see the incentive - why raid? I can do all the bosses and get full epics without. It's also detrimental to fostering sever community, but it enables more of the population to see the content at all.

In my head anyway, a successful MMO would have both a community aspect and allow people to see as much content as they want to see. And right now it just feels like it's a poor balance between the two, and thus realm populations suffer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
How many wipes did we have on H Blackhorn is Dragon Soul? 110+? How many on H Spine? 60+? If a person is satisfied with LFR I highly doubt that they'll have the motivation and dedication for actual raiding. Actual raiding isn't about seeing the content and getting purples. It's about getting together with your friends and overcoming bosses. We have LFR for those just interested in seeing the content and getting purples. That is why I will still stand by my statement that in the grand scheme of things LFR is probably the best thing to happen to this game for a multitude of reasons:

1) It separates the people who have the time, motivation, and dedication to actual raiding form the people that don't. There is nothing wrong with being a casual player. Hell I am now. Honestly if you got the people that are satisfied with LFR, more than likely they would only want to join a raid guild to get carried to better purples.
2) It gives everyone easy access to seeing the content. The Devs put a buttload of time into creating these raids. I think they themselves are much happier that more people are actually seeing it.
3) It's still a great place to work on different spec and rotations.
4) It does kind of give people a taste of raiding. Without it, I'm sure many people would never see multiple person bigger than dungeons because of time schedules, social anxieties, etc...
5) It gives people more options and allows people more paths to take towards their own personal enjoyment.

Believe what you like. I know what I'm talking about, because it has effected me and others around me. I raided for progression, gear, and to lay claim over defeating the end boss. Don't need to do that now with a guild. Many feel the same way.

I'm not saying there are some that want to raid normal or hard modes anymore. I'm making a statement of why its so hard to get people to join a guild to fill raid spots.

Then you clearly aren't that motivated to seriously raid. That isn't an insult. I'm not super motivated to raid anymore myself. The rewards are still better with normal/heroic raiding. Most people still hold normal/heroic raiding with higher prestige. If being forced into normal/heroic raiding because there wasn't a LFR option was your main reason for raiding, you weren't that dedicated to the process in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You proved my point. No one here is comparing Normal/Heroic modes to LFR or why someone would be more motivated to do regular raids. My point was without LFR people would be joining guilds to raid. LFR has dramatically shrunk the pool of available people to recruit. Thrall Alliance was already a small pool of active raid players, now its ridiculously small. Its a rolling effect, which causes serious guilds and players to leave for greener pastures.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Fine, you think forcing people to do stuff instead of letting them choose what they want is a good thing. To pretend that LFR is the reason for there being no raiders on ally is silly. This population was declining when I came in ToC. I'm sure it had been declining long before that. It was already breathing its last breath before Dragon Soul. There was like maybe 10 ally guilds doing Firelands.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have to agree with Andrraste here, LFR only takes the more casual players away from progression raiding groups. Which honestly, they don't want anyways. Overtime tried bringing in some of those LFR hero types and our progression went to crap. They don't show up reliably, when they do they pull dismal numbers and are the ones who can't really grasp the boss mechanics.

Sunwielder: Yes, your guild will be affected by LFR. I know several of your raiders and they aren't the kind of raider that do well in guilds that want to push progression, your guilds progression backs that up. Not to be insulting, but you guys raid with more of a laid back atmosphere then groups that would go for the progression. That's the kind of atmosphere that the LFR'ers go for when they join raid groups. If they don't show up for a week or two, late frequently, don't enchant/gem like they're supposed to (or at all in some cases) they don't face as many consqeuences as they would in a progression guild.

Essentially what's happening to the raiders on Thrall now is they start out in a guild like Vox, Raid hub, Homiehouse etc, run some raids with the guild and get some experiance raiding. They either like the casual enviroment and stay with the guild, or one like it, if they don't and want something more then killing the same few bosses and maybe a new boss down once in a while they move on. Which moving on in this server is either joining one of the now two progression type guilds, or leave the server.

At this point we can't attract the progression raiders back, the servers way to far gone. We were teetering on the edge back in TOC/ICC then Faction transfers and server instablity push us over the edge. I can't be the only one who remembers the horrible instablity in the server the begining of ICC, we lost a lot of good guilds then as they were trying to progress and instead were knocked offline randomly. They left for a place they could actually get some raiding in.

Blizzard will do nothing about it, they should have locked transfers to this server a while ago, stopped the faction transfers to this server. But hey, it's their game, we just pay to play it.

TL:DR
LFR only effects casual guilds, It's too late to save Thrall Alliance for progression raids, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!
Edited by Temparia on 4/28/2013 12:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/28/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Temparia
I have to agree with Andrraste here, LFR only takes the more casual players away from progression raiding groups.

People don't like change. Especially when they're getting maybe an hour worth on one boss and say 'I don't wanna raid'. It simply doesn't work out.

Blizzard will do nothing about it, they should have locked transfers to this server a while ago, stopped the faction transfers to this server. But hey, it's their game, we just pay to play it.

Pretty much. The rich (servers) get richer (with progression) and the poor get poorer.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Come raid with us!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/thrall/Pools%20Closed/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]