Disc spirit question.

90 Dwarf Shaman
I haven't played disc since Dragon Soul. I was wondering how much spirit disc healers are generally comfortable with, and general mana management strategies? I feel a bit lost with disc mana atm. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Spirit to your comfort (it plays the role Int did last expansion).
Mindbender/Shadowfiend as needed.
Solace on CD, if taken.

Pots and stuff.
Edited by Elethia on 4/25/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ive seen 8k spirit disc priests in tot and ive seen 15k spirit disc priests. all depends on your playstyle, spell usage, raid comp, raid awareness and your preference. i personally am around 10k and i like it right now. might even go a little less for more crit/int
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Depends purely on the player and the encounter. I was running 6.7k spirit for heroic durumu/horridon/primordius/dark animus until I replaced my T14 with higher ilvl stuff. That alone forced me to bump my spirit up a great deal to compensate for using smite significantly more than penance. Now I run around 8.5k on those fights and 10-12k on others.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Depends purely on the player and the encounter. I was running 6.7k spirit for heroic durumu/horridon/primordius/dark animus until I replaced my T14 with higher ilvl stuff. That alone forced me to bump my spirit up a great deal to compensate for using smite significantly more than penance. Now I run around 8.5k on those fights and 10-12k on others.

Interesting. Do you have mana issues with fights with lots of aoe dmg, which tend to force you to use PoH and SS?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/26/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Gatasalvaje

Interesting. Do you have mana issues with fights with lots of aoe dmg, which tend to force you to use PoH and SS?

These are the fights I tend to run between 10-12k Spirit for. I suppose a good example of this would be Heroic Magaera or Heroic Iron Qon. I do not tend to have mana issues at these amounts, even with a dps trinket equipped most of the time. Soon as I finally get the Horridon trinket I will probably reduce my spirit a great deal more.
Edited by Ovi on 4/26/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm currently running about 14k. I tend to use more direct heals/pw:s then most priests though, so I can see atonement heavy priests running significantly lower.
Reply Quote
It seems to me that you should stick to 10k until you get to 510+ then just stack the living bajesus out of spirit and never ever go oom. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It seems to me that you should stick to 10k until you get to 510+ then just stack the living bajesus out of spirit and never ever go oom. ^^

Sure you can do that, but isn't that the same as intentionally gimping yourself? Or maybe setting yourself up to be a worse healer?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

My healing partner is Discipline and he's doing the opposite of this, actually. He gemmed spirit in T14 but is starting to gem intellect in his new T15 gear.

The reason for this isn't item level, though. It's the legendary meta. It has very good uptime (roughly 15%) and each proc is used on 2 or 3 free PW:S.

To answer OP's question, Elethia already covered all the basics except making good use of Rapture. I recommend getting a Rapture mod because it's annoying to use Weakened Soul on the tank as a ghetto timer. I personally use Ingela's Rapture, but all Rapture mods are pretty similar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]