You know things are kind of bad

12 Pandaren Shaman
When the self-anointed "top guild" has to resort to trying to poach people from other guilds. On most servers if you're the best, people want to join you. And not even trying to grab the best or most progressed players? Fail.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Or when someone posts these kinds of threads on a low-level alt because they're too cowardly to post their opinions on their main.

Oh wait...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll post on my main. I didn't check to see what character I was on. It's pretty pathetic that someone in your new guild has to try and poach people every single week.

And yeah, go ahead and bash my raid progress if you want. If I was serious about raiding, I wouldn't be on TB.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's true. When you're the best, you're turning people away on a daily basis. No need for poaching, or trying to pay people gold to leave their guild, like was offered to a RL friend of mine awhile back. We still laugh about it. 2k gold lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'll post on my main. I didn't check to see what character I was on. It's pretty pathetic that someone in your new guild has to try and poach people every single week.

And yeah, go ahead and bash my raid progress if you want. If I was serious about raiding, I wouldn't be on TB.

New guild?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's true. When you're the best, you're turning people away on a daily basis. No need for poaching, or trying to pay people gold to leave their guild, like was offered to a RL friend of mine awhile back. We still laugh about it. 2k gold lol

I either offered your friend the gold for either an achievement because they have a legendary that we don't have, or they would have helped us meet the requirement to get our 8th bank tab. If he's a friend of your's, I can assure that I wasn't trying to have him join our raid team, or even the casual circle within our guild.

Nice try though, enjoy repair bills from normal Horridon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
04/26/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Eclyps

I either offered your friend the gold for either an achievement because they have a legendary that we don't have, or they would have helped us meet the requirement to get our 8th bank tab. If he's a friend of your's, I can assure that I wasn't trying to have him join our raid team, or even the casual circle within our guild.

Nice try though, enjoy repair bills from normal Horridon.

I have no repair bills from Normal anything. I don't raid anymore. I enjoy other things these days.
Edited by Jimdog on 4/26/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
This server just needs to merge with a few other servers. Most of the problem is that there just isn't enough people anymore: a lot of the good raiders just move to other servers so they can get into raiding guilds. We have maybe five between Alliance and Horde that, right now could get past Horridon (which, if you can get past Horridon, you can get past the rest so long as you stick with progressing).

Unfortunately, the reason we only have four or five raiding guilds that can accomplish that isn't just lack of people: way too many people on this server, ever since Cataclysm, seem to have some sense of entitlement where they believe they can raid immediately without grinding through the heroics and LFR's needed to get close to a good set of gear. My guild right now does LFR's and heroics as needed, and because of it they were able to kill Horridon last night. But other guilds I have been a part of won't even add a piece of gear to their set outside of them getting lucky on trash or Jin'Rokh.

If people put in work, we might add one or two more options for raiding guilds. But population has a lot to do with it, too, and not having a lot of people will still leave us limited.
Reply Quote
Actually poaching is really common in alot of guilds in different servers.. you need to get out more if this bothers you.

This server is in need of a decent guild. New Forge kinda fills that gap that this server has been void of for years.
Edited by Mintee on 4/26/2013 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Simply because it "happens" doesn't make it right. And if you accept it with little to no regard then you are part of the problem. There's no point in trying to claim to be the "best" of any server if you can see there's really not that much competition. If you want to brag that you're "someone"..on an online game mind you..go to a larger pop server where all they focus on is fighting for top spot. Or, simply go back to alliance. ;) There seems to be more of them on TB anyhow. As for being in the Horde and wanting to swipe members from other guilds..sure you can have fun stealing people for your own personal gain in the end in gear and whatever else, but while you may have "progression" behind your name, we have substance. And not of the "All-I-Do-With-My-Life-Is-Try-To-Be-An-Online-Champion" variety. We run together because it's fun. Not because we're obsessed with being the best, and we respect the game as just that, a game. Not some competition to try to prove you're better than anyone else when the fact is you're just another human who spends their time on the computer.
Reply Quote
Why do people like to throw in the whole "trying to be cool in an online game" card out there? Maybe they like playing the game that way? Who are you to say they're wrong for playing the game at their best?

News flash for you.. just because you suck at the game doesn't mean everyone has to play it your way. Stop using the whole "I play to have fun".. well that's good for you.. They play to be compete.

If a person leaves a guild to join theirs through "poaching" then that person didn't want to be in the current guild in the first place. Stop trying to dictate what's right and wrong in a video game.. it's laughable.

This server seems to be filled with over sensitive people who likes to pull that "Its a game card".

Waiting for someone to pull the "I have a life" card next.

Repeating what I said earlier. If this bothers you in a video game.. then you need to go out more
Edited by Mintee on 4/26/2013 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Pssh, I have a life. I also want to be the best at just about everything I do. I'm a perfectionist like that :P.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty amazing myself.. Its a hard life being this amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm not saying I suck nor am I the best. I play to have fun. And it's a card that's pulled so often because those "poaching" tend to try to comment on progression like they have a one-up or some crap. I'm not dictating how it should be played. I couldn't if I tried. But you shouldn't attempt to dictate how we feel about them doing such things either. That's a bit hypocritical don't you think? I am more than willing to watch people walk away for poaching because that's not the kind of guild members I want to attempt to be friends of anyways. I just think it's sad to do when you could really just find people to have fun with. And instead of bashing other guilds in order to win over members, why not just boost how great yours is by itself? Cyber-bullying isn't the best solution. That's my opinion, sure. But just as they're entitled to their own feelings and their actions, I'm entitled to mine as well. ;)
Reply Quote
Umm did you read your previous post? All I got from it is that.. "LOLOL YOU GUYS THINK BEING GOOD IN VIDEO GAME IS COOL. WE DONT.. WE PLAY TO HAVE FUN LOLOL. LOSER!! LOLOLOL I am cooler because I like to have fun. RAWR RAWR RAWR"

Anyways not in those tone but yeah thats how it sounds to me. As in any MMO(not just rpg), there will be those type that likes to compete for server(if theres any) first etc etc. Comparing this to cyber bullying is a bit extreme but hey if you are that sensitive then WOWWWWW... I'm pretty sure them ragging on your progression in a thread or bragging about theres is causing you to lose sleep and giving you bruises or causing such anguish and pain in your life... yeap thats just what it is.... /sarcasm.

Then you added they should go back ally side(For what?). They like the server and horde side.. Will probably be there till the guild dies(again). Sorry if the new Forge keeps stealing your lunch money.

Anyways done here.. GL HF. If you have any further concerns or questions please direct it to my secretary as I'm too busy being amazing. But I will leave this here.

If this bothers you in a video game.. then you need to go out more
Edited by Mintee on 4/26/2013 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Lmfao. You act as if I'm so aggressive and/or sensitive when it seems to be you showing such emotion in your posts. And I am aware of my previous posts. Are you of yours? And yes I would compare it to cyber-bullying because that's what it is. Cyber-bullying. In a large sense or a little one. Whether you agree is your own business. But, just as you enjoy voicing your opinions, I enjoy doing the same. I do hope you have fun being amazing. And if it doesn't bother you in a video came I question your manners in RL. Simply because there's a computer screen doesn't warrant someone to be rude to another for no reason whatsoever. :)

Have a good one ^^.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
How people carry themselves in-game is how they are out of game. Sorry, it's true. Whether it's that ninja from last night's PUG run (hypothetical) or a guild leader that's building his guild up at others' expense. It's a reflection of how they treat people IRL. Using the lines "it's just a game who cares" or "you need to get out more" or "you're just saying that cause you suck at the game" etc etc are just ways to cloud the issue. The inevitable flaming and name calling that will follow my comments will prove me right.

Fortunately, in and out of game, the eventual outcome is always the same :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Seems like a moot point to me. I have been asked over to hordeside before, but I enjoy being in Tendency, I have been in it forever. Before that....way back when, I was in Echos of Azeroth and we raided pretty heavily and were pretty damn good. Play the game how you enjoy it, be it hard raiding or casually, like myself and Tendency's raiders.

Do I like it when members of my guild or raid team are specifically targeted and asked to join another raiding group, no, not really. None of my raiders have left to go though, they enjoy the way we play over here (and we have cupcakes). That being said, it does get annoying to deal with it consistently.

The "have fun with your repair bills from regular horridon" thing is kind of jerky, to be honest...however, I am not the nice police. We are all on a craptacular server of RP low population wonderment, we should be supporting each other, having -friendly- rivalries and trying to draw people to us through our actions and personality. We should -not- be putting each other down because of progression or ideological differences on hardcore vs casual. Like it or not, we are the community we want to be...what kind of community do you want on TB?

:)
Evangele/Torquil
Friendly Neighborhood Guild Recruitment Officer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]