Item mismailed

(Locked)

90 Draenei Mage
So customer service will take 10 hours to get back to me?

I mailed an item to this character, however I must have put the wrong name in because the item did not make it. Can I get help sooner than 10 hours please?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932934075

As a reminder, the Customer Support forum is not an alternative to the email, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly. (Contact Blizzard Support )

That said, so long as the recipient doesn't take the mail out of their inbox before the GMs get to your ticket, you should be able to get your stuff back.
90 Draenei Mage

As a reminder, the Customer Support forum is not an alternative to the email, telephone, or in-game petition queues. To request assistance, please contact our customer service staff directly. (Contact Blizzard Support )

That said, so long as the recipient doesn't take the mail out of their inbox before the GMs get to your ticket, you should be able to get your stuff back.

I am a paying customer, regardless of what some might try to say otherwise. Having to wait 10 hours for Customer Service is unacceptable.

That said, since I have to wait 10 hours to get any assistance, I'm sure the one I sent it to will keep it. >.>
43 Pandaren Monk
04/26/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Niani
I am a paying customer, regardless of what some might try to say otherwise. Having to wait 10 hours for Customer Service is unacceptable.

Ticket times are the same for ALL paying customers in line before you. Yes they fluctuate but that is based on the number of tickets in the queue. 10 hours is extremely reasonable. After content patches we have since tickets take 7 to 10 days for a response. The current time is considered pretty low. Posting here will not get it answered any quicker, sorry.

That said, since I have to wait 10 hours to get any assistance, I'm sure the one I sent it to will keep it. >.>

That said, since you addressed it to the wrong person, they can keep it. This is not blizzards fault that you made an error. It is also not blizzards fault that their are a number of tickets in front of you making it take 10 hours. They will do as much as they can to help when they get to your ticket.
Edited by Tinkrashi on 4/26/2013 8:32 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Having to wait 10 hours for Customer Service is unacceptable.

You're waiting in a line, behind other customers. You'll need to wait your turn.

I'm sure the one I sent it to will keep it.

It is possible, but they may be inactive or polite enough to return it. Either way, in the future double check the person you're sending things to.
90 Draenei Mage
04/26/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Tinkrashi

Ticket times are the same for ALL paying customers. Yes they fluctuate but that is based on the number of tickets in the queue. Posting here will not get it answered any quicker, sorry.

That said, since you addressed it to the wrong person, they can keep it. This is not blizzards fault that you made an error. It is also not blizzards fault that their are a number of tickets in front of you making it take 10 hours. They will do as much as they can to help when they get to your ticket.

I never implied it was Blizzard's fault that I mismailed something.

That said, it IS Blizzard's fault that they collect our monthly subscription fees, plus all micro-transactions for things such as faction changes, server transfers and Store purchases yet fail to provide adequate avenues of communication to resolve customer issues. Chat and phone options have been removed leaving only support tickets.

Again, it is unacceptable that I, or any other player for that matter, has to wait 10 hours to receive Customer Assistance.
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
04/26/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Niani
Chat and phone options have been removed leaving only support tickets.

Yeah... Calling and webchat wouldn't help you anyway given they're only for contacting Billing and Technical Support.

Again, it is unacceptable that I, or any other player for that matter, has to wait 10 hours to receive Customer Assistance.

Its a game, not a matter of life or death. If you think its that unacceptable you can say as much when you unsubscribe.
43 Pandaren Monk

You do not pay for GM assistance with your subscription. The only thing they are required to provide is help with billing issues. The GM, tech support etc is just perks that blizzard provides. It is not unacceptable. It is nothing but acceptable. There is nothing that you, I or any other customer can do about ticket times. The only options available is to not play. Posting to complain about ticket times is not only against the forum rules, it will never change it. Like I said previously 10 hours is pretty good. It is very often that ticket times take days.

04/26/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Niani
Chat and phone options have been removed leaving only support tickets.

They have not been removed. They are only available during certain hours. This is pointless as your issue is not anything that can be done via phone or webchat. Again wait for your ticket.
Edited by Tinkrashi on 4/26/2013 8:40 AM PDT
14 Night Elf Mage
yet fail to provide adequate avenues of communication to resolve customer issues

I'm sorry, but Blizzard provides many avenues - depending on what the issue is.

In your case, you need a GM, hence the ticket system either in-game OR via the support link on this site (2 ways to contact a GM).

Then vote with your wallet and stop paying.

This is not a bank, a utility company, telco, or any other service provider that provides critical services to ensure our life is easier. This is a game entertainment company - and contrary to your opinion (which, we're all entitled to of course), Blizzard actually provides the best customer service in the industry.
25 Night Elf Druid
You made the mistake.

Blizzard really has no obligation at all to correct it for you. It's a courtesy that they do so. And they do so free of charge.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Rogue
In the future, if your alt characters are not in your guild, make sure to add them to your friends list if you send mail between alts often. The auto fill in will first pull from guild and friends lists, so this can in a majority of the times prevent your error from happening.

As for the wait, yes it is not convenient to have to wait for help, but since there are others also waiting, a bit of patience is necessary. Fortunately we are between patches, wait times have been longer in the past. No, it's not acceptable, to you or Blizzard, but everyone does the best they can. Posting here really won't help, as this forum is more for discussion between players, not a bypass to the actual help system, sorry.
90 Draenei Mage
These forums say Customer Support. They do not say Players Give Support/Opinions To Other Players

So I guess if I don't agree with something, I should make sure other players are not aware, because my opinion is 'wrong'.

I don't care how issues are delegated within Blizzard. I still pay them for their product; regardless of how little; so if I have an issue with their product, I deserve assistance in a timely manner. It should not matter what the product is, it's still a monetary transaction between a customer and a company.

That said, I will voice my opinions directly to Blizzard as it seems using what appears to be for Customer Support only nets you flaming and rudeness.
90 Draenei Mage
In the future, if your alt characters are not in your guild, make sure to add them to your friends list if you send mail between alts often. The auto fill in will first pull from guild and friends lists, so this can in a majority of the times prevent your error from happening.

As for the wait, yes it is not convenient to have to wait for help, but since there are others also waiting, a bit of patience is necessary. Fortunately we are between patches, wait times have been longer in the past. No, it's not acceptable, to you or Blizzard, but everyone does the best they can. Posting here really won't help, as this forum is more for discussion between players, not a bypass to the actual help system, sorry.

THANK YOU!

The most constructive, polite, professional response I have seen in this Forum. Others should do well to learn by you.
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't care how issues are delegated within Blizzard. I still pay them for their product; regardless of how little; so if I have an issue with their product, I deserve assistance in a timely manner. It should not matter what the product is, it's still a monetary transaction between a customer and a company.

So, you want to instantly jump to the front of the line? As I mentioned, you're waiting in a line, behind other PAYING customers. I would suggest calming down instead of stomping your feet in a fit.
43 Pandaren Monk
These forums say Customer Support. They do not say Players Give Support/Opinions To Other Players

I am sorry but that is incorrect. This is a player to player assisted forum.

The Customer Support forum cultivates a beneficial relationship between our support departments and player community by providing a friendly environment where players can exchange information, access self-help resources, discuss in-game issues, and receive meaningful guidance through personal and fun interactions with Blizzard representatives.

Players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, provide feedback and participate in on-going discussions on the Customer Support forum.

Just because you are a customer does not ever guarantee a response from blizzard. This forum is also for non customers to post with questions/issues.

The title of this forum is "Customer support." I did not understand that that meant support from other customers, rather than employees of Blizzard

Yes, however, Customer Support does not translate into "I'm a customer, support me". The first thread in this forum outlines the purpose of this forum.

25 Night Elf Druid

Support. Not Service.

These are a player to player help forum.

Glad I could clear that up for you

04/26/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Niani
I still pay them for their product;

And you have what you pay for. Account access. Everything else is a courtesy.
43 Pandaren Monk

Incorrect. You pay for realm access and help with billing issues. Nothing else. Any other issues are answered as a courtesy and in the order it is received. Just like every other customer. You do not get a pass to the front of the line, sorry.

That said, I will voice my opinions directly to Blizzard as it seems using what appears to be for Customer Support only nets you flaming and rudeness.

This is not the correct forum to post feedback for blizzard service. Developers set that. Devs do not read this forum. You are wasting your time posting complaints/issues here. The general would be the correct forum to post your constructive feedback with how you think it should be done different.
Edited by Tinkrashi on 4/26/2013 9:03 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid

The other paying customers, including myself, have tickets waiting to be answered behind you. Is it okay that you let me cut in line? I started playing only a few months since release and I may have paid even more money than the people waiting in front of me.

I have had a nearly unending subscription. Didn't have to use Scroll of Resurrection. I recruited others to the game. Surely I deserve to have my ticket answered first.

It is "unacceptable" that I wait. I demand to cut in line in front of people who paid less than me...

Doesn't that just sound ridiculous? Your ticket is waiting in line. You cannot cut in line simply because you are "a paying customer." We are ALL paying customers.

The tickets ARE answered in a timely matter. What do you expect as timely matter? 10 hours is more than idea. 10 hours for a ticket is nothing. If you email any other companies out there, the expected wait time is almost always atleast 24 hours.

I know it's hard to wait in the instant gratification "Me Generation," but we all have to do it. It's a common courtesy to wait in line and not make a big fuss about it.
Edited by Khronuslight on 4/26/2013 9:51 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
I am a paying customer

So are all the people that put in tickets before you, yet you somehow feel you should be given front of the line special treatment because....... it's you?? Sorry, your money is no better then the rest of ours. You are entitled to nothing more then the rest of us. A 10 hour wait is nothing, be glad it isn't days.

To what end? 'Fix the problem that I created quicker because I'm more important then everybody else!!' They'll get right on that.

The most constructive, polite, professional response I have seen in this Forum. Others should do well to learn by you.

YOU could learn something there. Your foot stomping 'fix it now!' attitude is horribly childish.

If you're sending something important to an alt do as Kozzae said and if it's really important, throw an heirloom in with it.
Im sure you realise that Blizzard is one of the very few game company who even offer a support.

Have you tried to have an issue fixed with EAGames? Eidos? SoE? Bethesda? Funcom? Ubisoft? Have you tried to have a conversation with Lucasarts? Capcom? Nordic Games?
Have you tried to get a mistakes of yours being corrected with WarnerBros? Valve?

When you pay, you get what you paid for. You paid for playing the game, you played it. You paid to get a character transfert? You got it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]