Arrow keys not working

87 Tauren Druid
Does anybody else have this problem? Sunday night, half of my arrow keys stopped working. I thought it was a keyboard problem, so I replaced the keyboard -- only to have the same issue. It is a wireless model, though, and a replica of the one I replaced, so I contacted their customer support. The weird thing, though, is that when I broke out my laptop, it was having the same issue. So now I think it is tied to WoW and was wondering if anybody else was dealing with this.

I did send in a ticket, but it hasn't been long enough to hear back yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When you say "not working," what exactly do you mean?

First instinct is that, for whatever reason, you no longer have them bound. Check in your Keybinds to ensure they're still set up to what you believe them to be set up to do - if they're not, that would definitely explain why the issue is so persistent.
Reply Quote
I guess if anything, first test on another program to make sure your computer didn't just forget how to use those keys.

Second, if they're fine on other programs, check your key binds in-game.

You can bind any action to any key and if forward/right/left/backward are not bound, go ahead and bind them. Alternatively (and I would suggest trying), you can use the WASD keys to move your character.

If you want to look at your binds, press the "esc" key in-game and there should be an option called "key bindings." Look for the forward/backward/etc. buttons and make sure they're bound to the buttons you wanted to use.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
First instinct is that, for whatever reason, you no longer have them bound. Check in your Keybinds to ensure they're still set up to what you believe them to be set up to do - if they're not, that would definitely explain why the issue is so persistent.

This ended up being what it was. Once I reset the non-character keybindings, everything went back to normal. Now I just have to figure out how to put everything back, especially since I was told to delete all my addons first. :)

I guess if anything, first test on another program to make sure your computer didn't just forget how to use those keys.

What made me figure out that it was WoW and not the keyboard was that this was happening on multiple computers, not just my desktop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]