Awesome moderation

(Locked)

90 Troll Hunter
Well... I had a bad experience with a GM. First bad GM experience yet. I googled his name out of curiosity and happened across a thread here singing his praises. So I replied that my experience wasn't so good.

By the time I got back in game, another GM contacted me and was most helpful. They resolved the issue within minutes. I came back to edit my post to reflect this and give the new GM their due credit, only to find that someone called Thunderwulf had lectured me about how "Sometimes the answer is just "NO". Regardless of whether or not you like it. That's not poor service, that's policy. Please don't necro 6 month old threads. Use the survey for it's intended purpose".

Well thanks Thunderwulf. However it appears that sometimes the answer is also "YES". And in relation to "That's not poor service, that's policy" - the OP I was replying to actually mentioned that their GM gave them good service specifically by NOT just regurgitating policy but by going beyond it. When they tell you "NO" when the answer could just as easily have been "YES", well that IS poor service.And don't lecture me about necroing 6 mth old threads. It wasn't locked, there was a "reply" option, and I replied with a comment directly relating to the OP. This is what forums are for. It's not for replying with condescending, unhelpful comments such as yours. Or are you new to the internet Thunderwulf?

At any rate, thanks so much for your contribution.

Best of all though, a blue named Vrakthris deleted my entire post and, again, in a condescending manner, added " If you wish to provide feedback on the experience you had with a rep, Molpa, please avail yourself of the survey which should be available once your ticket has been marked as resolved".

Well Vrakthris, the first thing I did was respond via the survey sent to me. Before I googled the GM and found this thread. Your comment however begs the question - Why didn't you give the OP the same advice? You were happy to let them post about their experience here. Was that because they were bordering on sycophancy? Do you welcome positive comments here but insist that negative ones stay hidden in Blizz surveys?

Funny, forums are meant to provide relevant information to an interested community. The first two posts did just that. The next two however, those of Thunderwulf and Vrakthris, didn't. Just a couple of fragile egos on the defensive.

Grats on not understanding what a forum is for. Now go ahead and edit/delete/or otherwise "moderate" this thread. Demonstrate my point for me.
25 Night Elf Druid
04/26/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Molpa
Why didn't you give the OP the same advice?

Because not every thread gets seen by a Blue.

This is not a feedback forum in any case.

Also? Posting about moderated posts is a violation of the Forum CoC.

Grats on not understanding what a forum is for.

Seriously? You're going to tell a moderator that they don't know what their own forum is for?
90 Troll Hunter
Why didn't you give the OP the same advice?

Because not every thread gets seen by a Blue.

- Ummm... maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me like this blue saw this thread prior to responding on it... Anyway you're right. Many threads asking legit questions don't get a blue response. One with any criticism however.... seems to get their attention quick smart.

This is not a feedback forum in any case.

- What kind of forum is it?

Also? Posting about moderated posts is a violation of the Forum CoC.

- They deleted my post, made a reply directly to me, and locked the thread. Can't think of another way to respond to them. What you're saying is once a blue moderates a posts it's closed from further discussion. That kind of censorship sort of defeats the purpose of a forum.

Seriously? You're going to tell a moderator that they don't know what their own forum is for?

- Why not? Evidently that's the case.

Don't you have anything better to do than pounce on posts within minutes of them appearing? Wow - something about a life and getting one comes to mind. I notice you and Vrakthis have responded to each other in other posts. Are you friends? Are you sticking up for them out of loyalty? That's very, umm, nice of you.
Edited by Molpa on 4/26/2013 3:39 PM PDT
25 Night Elf Druid
04/26/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Molpa
Don't you have anything better to do than pounce on posts within minutes of them appearing?

That's kind of the purpose of this forum. Or did you miss that? It's a player to player forum.

Are you friends?

Actually I vex him to no end. Not that it's germane to the issue at hand.

something about a life and getting one comes to mind.

Ah..........ad hominem attacks. The last resort of the trolls.
100 Tauren Hunter
Just go away kid. You`re making yourself look bad.
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
I understand you were not completely happy with the service you got but a few points do remain true. This really is not the proper way to give GM feedback. That should be done via the survey which is seen by the supervisors. You really need to read the sticky post here about posting guidelines so that YOU better understand what this forum really is about and the rules. It will help you understand why you got the responses you did and will hopefully reduce some of the frustration.

1. There is a rule here against calling out anyone, player or GM, that is enforced fairly. That post fell under that rule as well.
2. Posting about moderated posts is a no no
3. Blue responses are never guaranteed...hence why the OP was not given the same response.
4. Twulf is NOT new to the internet of the forums. He knows the policies and rules better than 99% of the posters here.
5. You seem to think the GM could have said "yes" to your request but you don't actually know that. GMs are bound by the tools they have and the policies in place or they get fired. We as players don't have insight into that so if they say they can't do something, chances are good they can't.
90 Troll Hunter
LOL implying that someone should get a life barely constitutes an ad hominem attack. I addressed the points you made and merely reflected on the fact that you seem to be sitting somewhere waiting for a post to appear. Do you see the irony of accusing me of an ad hominem attack and then calling me a troll? I guess not.

Let's not forget that you initiated a discussion with me with a condescending reply that was neither relevant to the topic at hand nor helpful. Until then I had no awareness of your existence and even less interest in it.
100 Gnome Mage
hat was neither relevant to the topic at hand nor helpful

Yes it was. Very much so. The information given was very valid. It just wasn't candy coated.
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
Any personal attack is ad hominem by definition. Just stop. Your post calling out a GM was not appropriate for the forums based on the rules here. This one posting about a moderated thread and calling out another player is not either. I know Twulf is terse and prickly, but that does not make him wrong. The bickering really does not help your case.

If you want to tell us what you requested from the GM, maybe we can help you understand why you were told it is not possible. That is what this forum is for...providing guidance on how to get help for in game issues and clarifying policy. Maybe we can tell you why you could not get what you wished.
Edited by Mirasol on 4/26/2013 3:53 PM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
OP, I highly advise deleting this thread. I'm glad your issue was resolved to your satisfaction and that someone with the ability to go above and beyond to help you (remember that not every GM is able to do this- your issue may have been escalated to a supervisor, and the original GM who helped you was not at fault and simply doing his job)...

BUT... threads like this are very much against forum rules. Calling out players and creating a thread simply to provoke other users will probably get your account banned from the forums if you keep it up. Threads created with the strict intention to "troll" (i.e.; incite anger and get a response by being negative) are unproductive and undermine anything positive you may have come here to say about the GMs who were helping you.
90 Troll Hunter
Mirasol, thanks for the effort. Not really interested though as I only posted here (first time) in direct response to a post that offered an observation that was entirely inconsistent with my own. TBH I'm not a regular visitor nor interested enough to read through pages of rules of conduct which seem to state that a person can't say anything someone here doesn't agree with. Fear not, however... As I indicated I have no intention of having much at all further to do with it.

I will say though that in your Point 5, you seem to have missed a point.

5. You seem to think the GM could have said "yes" to your request but you don't actually know that. GMs are bound by the tools they have and the policies in place or they get fired. We as players don't have insight into that so if they say they can't do something, chances are good they can't.

I KNOW the GM could have said yes. I KNOW this because, as I stated in the first post, within minutes of getting back in game, another GM contacted me and DID say yes. They fixed it without hesitation and more importantly, with courtesy.

So I kind of DO have the very insight you accuse me of not having.

Again, thanks for the effort. Bear in mind this seems to have started because a couple of people felt compelled to weigh in and add their two cents by telling me in a condescending manner that I couldn't add mine.
Support Forum Agent
When they tell you "NO" when the answer could just as easily have been "YES", well that IS poor service.

While we try to help when we can, it isn't always possible and the previous response you received was based on the policies that were set for that our Game Masters follow.

In truth, looking at your specific request, Molpa, the answer should have remained no. The rep went well beyond what we are normally able to do. Something that will be reviewed.

And don't lecture me about necroing 6 mth old threads. It wasn't locked, there was a "reply" option, and I replied with a comment directly relating to the OP.

All posts, unless capped or specifically locked remain open and available for comment, that is the basic functionality of these forums. That doesn't mean that such commentary is appropriate. Specifically, posting negatively against a player or employee is prohibited, resurrecting a thread that has long been buried to the annals of time more so.

Best of all though, a blue named Vrakthris deleted my entire post and, again, in a condescending manner, added "

I apologize if that is the tone you read into my comments, Molpa, but that is not how they were intended.

Your comment however begs the question - Why didn't you give the OP the same advice?

These forums are here for players to discuss the game and aspects of it with other players. This forum in particular is focused on Account and In-Game support related topics. It is moderated by Support Forum Agents like myself, that will chime in with what advice we can on a myriad of subjects. This is not a ticketing system though, and we are simply unable to get to each and every thread or answer every question. The thread may have been posted when no one was on shift, or they may have been addressing other threads. Response is by no means guaranteed.

Even so, constructive threads be they negative or positive are generally fine though as I said, negative threads that are specifically calling out a player or employee would not be.

There are plenty of threads that were created by those who may have had a negative experience, and those are usually able to remain. Why? Because they did not call out a specific employee, but spoke about their experience in a constructive and civil manner. The advice to fill out a survey would still have been valid, since this forum isn't used to gather such feedback and would not be useful to the company on a whole. What we can do in some cases, when a post is made in a civil and constructive manner, is provide clarification when it seems that there is a misunderstanding.

We understand the purpose of these forums, we did create them after all. Again, they are here for players to discuss the game and aspects of it with other players. In addition they are here for our developmental teams to review the feedback and suggestions that the playerbase may have on the game. Though a suggestion is useful, the active and constructive discussion of that suggestion or change is far more productive.

What they are not is a complaints forum. They are not here for you to vent your spleen about X, Y or Z, simply to do so.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]