Solo Class/Spec

66 Troll Mage
Which Class/Spec is the most effective at soloing (Except Hunter)?
I'm referring to 90 content soloing like isle of Thunder Rares and Warbringers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Warlocks can be more or less invincible as a DPS class, especially on normal world content. Haywire Sunreaver Construct wipes the floor with my hunter. My lock takes zero effective damage.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have yet to see any class that can't solo the isle of thunder rares. Sunreaver may be slightly more difficult for some, but still 100% doable. As far as Warbringers, they were substantially buffed to make farming them solo more difficult. The only class that I know can still do it solo is blood DKs, but it can still get dicey depending on which way they run during fear.
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Hunter
Destro warlock with supremacy, soul leech, and soul link can solo warbringers all day long without ever breaking a sweat, and much faster than a blood DK can.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Destro warlock with supremacy, soul leech, and soul link can solo warbringers all day long without ever breaking a sweat, and much faster than a blood DK can.

Yeah was running around on my shaman with a mage and 2 manning the warbringers. Was a bit annoyed when a destro lock was walking around solo'ing them and the voidlord pet not taking a bit of damage from the warbringers.
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah was running around on my shaman with a mage and 2 manning the warbringers. Was a bit annoyed when a destro lock was walking around solo'ing them and the voidlord pet not taking a bit of damage from the warbringers.

Soul leech shield builds on the void faster than the WB can damage it. The split damage hits the warlock harder though, so the lock needs to ember tap occasionally, or just spec into mortal coil for the heal.

The only thing lock needs to be aware of is moving the void away from vengeful spirits, and havocing a conflag slow onto them so you never have to worry about them again until they despawn.

ezpz.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
There's almost nothing I can't solo.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Blood DK or warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
04/26/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Elissandra
Haywire Sunreaver Construct wipes the floor with my hunter.

Stay at max range and have your pet tank.

Take a nap.

???

Profit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Locks

Blood DKs
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
As far as Warbringers, they were substantially buffed to make farming them solo more difficult. The only class that I know can still do it solo is blood DKs

I farm them very easily on this character
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Rogue
Blood DK is super fast questing/farming when multiple mobs and as for Warbringers, as long as you let the Tank and Caster hit you with their AOE to build up vengeance they go down super quick. The Rogue on the other hand takes a little longer.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I know blood dks and prot Pallys that can solo warbringers, also have seen a lock/hunter do it. Idk about other classes
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Blood DKs, Protection Paladins to a lesser extent, warlocks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Protection warriors with 460+ equipment can solo Warbringers, but they need second wind, can't make any mistakes if the Warbringer lacks swarm, and require rage pooling and proper bubble timing. Shadow and holy priests also can, but damage is a bit low. Neither method is "most effective".

Siafudorylus and Krinu nailed it for easy soloing. Brewwhatsits Monks are probably really good for that sort of thing as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druids make easy work of the Isle rares, except Haywire and Mumta (not sure if Haywire is possible at all solo without amazing gear, and Mumta requires you to really be on the ball with healing properly).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I soloed around 15-20 warbringers on my hunter(and killed probably 30 before that with a blood dk carrying me:P)until I finally got a direhorn mount.

You have to know how to kite\strafe, because I was NEVER able to just sit there and attack it while my pet tanked because they would hit my turtle for 70-90k a swing and mend pet\spirit bond or exhilaration couldn't keep up, tried both.

Hunters are a great solo class for doing old world content because you have a constant tank with you in your pet and I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a dps class , but having played a blood DK I can definitely say that they have a much easier time with warbringers and the lvl 80+ raids especially if you're wanting to solo the 25 man versions of ulduar\ICC or early cata raids like bastion\blackwing descent etc.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/26/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Elissandra
Haywire Sunreaver Construct

Is that that thing running on the beach? You know you can just out range its haywire attack while still shooting at it right?
Reply Quote
I've had remarkable success solo'ing as a BrM. Smart play with expel harm usage if your health goes low has worked for me. Chi waves and guard usually are enough to keep me up through the majority of any rare fighting.

My Blood DK is by far easier, mash death strike and you'll be fine, can't quite do things that way with BrM, but just thought I'd throw that out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]