Solo Class/Spec

100 Dwarf Hunter
When people mention Blood DK, is that with DPS gear or with tank gear? I only ask because there is a big difference if you want to ultimately play DPS, but you need to gear up with tank gear. In which case hunter (or warlock?) might be better overall, because you only have to gear up once.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
When people mention Blood DK, is that with DPS gear or with tank gear? I only ask because there is a big difference if you want to ultimately play DPS, but you need to gear up with tank gear. In which case hunter (or warlock?) might be better overall, because you only have to gear up once.

Actually, I do all my blood DK soloing in DPS gear. Tank gear is only necessary if you need the added survival and the enrage timer isn't an issue, which rarely happens when soloing old raids. Against warbringers, it's safer to do so in tank gear, but my DK has had absolutely zero problems soloing them in DPS gear.
Edited by Carock on 5/2/2013 2:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blood DK by a mile.

Mionelol (check her out on youtube) solo'd Heroic Deathwing and Stone Guard in the last month, among many other achievements. Usually uses a combination of DPS and Tank gear and can achieve insane survivability and damage. On Stone Guards she was doing 239K effective DPS.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Thanks for the info. This hunter was sort of intended to be my 'soloing' toon, but once 5.3 arrives for the xp nerf I might have to ramp up a blood dk just for the heck of it. A mix of gear tank/dps gear isn't nearly as bad as needing to be solid T15 tank gear to pull off the feats mentioned.
Edited by Gyraax on 5/2/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just to retort on the likings of this message. I've rolled warlocks and a blood dk as well as paladin. Granted it is troublesome... I can solo a WB on my paladin as a protadin. Seal of insight>Word of Glory>Flash of light.

Paladins absorb damage well enough with their heals to sustain. The dps is likely lower then a paladins without the seal of corruption but can still get the job done.

Most classes with a staple heal can solo. Shamans can kite the thing. I've seen priests take it down with angelic feathers and heals. Hunters I believe with a spirit bond should be able to solo it, get a glyph for mend pet and rez pet if needed. A high enough health warrior.

The class I couldn't see soloing is a mage, I have trouble on my mage soloing stuff like the construct as when he haywires, he has 100% movement and you can not get out of it. As a night-elf, I try to shadowmeld aggro ontop my water elemental far away but the cooldown is not enough for the next time.

Rogue I believe should be able to solo a WB atleast, recuperate, the healing poison and burst of speed when recuperation needs to take place. Same problem runs when you try to fight the haywire, how to get out of the stuff haywire phases.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Solo'd many warbringers. Blood DK all the way.

And with AMS, Lichborne and Desecrated Ground, I don't get feared.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/26/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Elissandra
Warlocks can be more or less invincible as a DPS class, especially on normal world content. Haywire Sunreaver Construct wipes the floor with my hunter. My lock takes zero effective damage.

^ This. I've farmed the Isle with both, Warlock survivability and pet aggro are ridiculously OP. Never even come close to dying on my lock vs. mobs that were a challenge to my hunter at the same ilvl.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/28/2013 03:50 AMPosted by Methalos
Locks

Blood DKs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
21 Draenei Warrior
I've solo'd warbringers on my druid, Vhyle-Draenor. I don't like doing it solo, because it takes a lot out of me mashing all my guardian but-tans over and over, lol. Seriously, it's like a marathon. When they reset on me in the middle of fighting, I just give up and fly away. Don't need that aggravation. The scouts have been doing that a lot lately as well, it's just stupid how they can just do that. This happens right where they spawn, or maybe a couple steps from it.

Anyway, a guardian can do it, just takes a bit of time and using your cd's and skills. I will say, it's easier for a blood dk or warlock.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]