Congratulations Lore

90 Night Elf Druid
It will be interesting to see what happens when we get a CM that is already known and can't start with a clean slate...
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, QUICK! Everyone make note of his paladin's name and realm. That way we can armory troll him whenever he posts! :P

/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also, QUICK! Everyone make note of his paladin's name and realm. That way we can armory troll him whenever he posts! :P

Love his guild name.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
We’re super excited for Lore (aka Josh) to join the World of Warcraft North America Community Team! He’s a great fit for the team and Blizzard, and we’re really looking forward to adding his biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

He's been assimilated. I take it resistance was futile?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’re super excited for Lore (aka Josh) to join the World of Warcraft North America Community Team! He’s a great fit for the team and Blizzard, and we’re really looking forward to adding his biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

I said it on Twitter. I'll say it here.

I'm SO HAPPY the news is finally out!

I've thoroughly enjoyed the opportunities I've had to work with Lore during his time as an integral member of the fansite community these past several years. He's the real deal and has my utmost respect -- and, perhaps, even adoration... (It's the hair.)

I can't wait to see what he brings to the table as a member of our team, and very much look forward to working with him more directly (an empty desk about 15 feet away from where I sit awaits!). This is a BIG win for us, as well as for the community. :D

Lore's on a mission. 'Bout to turn it up to 11.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
15 feet? That's the farthest they could find? UGH.

Alright, I guess it'll do.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
15 feet? That's the farthest they could find? UGH.

Alright, I guess it'll do.

There will be a Toaster waiting for you. Don't ask how I got into Blizz HQ.
Reply Quote
74 Worgen Warlock
One of us, one of us!

Gooble gabble gooble gabble...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Lore, you mentioned this briefly on the Twitch stream but didn't really address it.

I'm kind of shocked at how Blizzard has had a long-standing rule of "employees can't reveal their personal characters", yet they've confirmed and allowed you to confirm employment -- especially as a Community team member. It's going to be fairly obvious when we get a new blue poster here.

How is this going to work? Is there a change in the rules? Are you an exception because of the involvement you've had with the community thus far?

And also: Congrats on escaping Michigan. I'm jelly in Flint.
Edited by Antania on 5/1/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
Lore, you mentioned this briefly on the Twitch stream but didn't really address it.

I'm kind of shocked at how Blizzard has had a long-standing rule of "employees can't reveal their personal characters", yet they've confirmed and allowed you to confirm employment -- especially as a Community team member. It's going to be fairly obvious when we get a new blue poster here.

How is this going to work? Is there a change in the rules? Are you an exception because of the involvement you've had with the community thus far?

He never kept his character a secret, and he hasn't officially started working for Blizzard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Congrats lore!!! Can't wait to see another CM around here :)

Edit:

I wonder what your icon will be?!
Edited by Karlip on 5/1/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

He never kept his character a secret, and he hasn't officially started working for Blizzard. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe he said he is starting in June
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
He's obviously never kept his character a secret. Blizzard has (for several years) had a policy that prevents employees from making their personal characters known. The fact that both Blizzard and Lore have revealed his employment, and that he's going to be a regular Community team member here on the forums, makes it contradictory.

The community is not supposed to know that Lore is the one behind the Blue Name. That's been a long-standing policy. It's why we don't know any of the other blues, like: GC, Crithto, Zarhym, etc.
Edited by Antania on 5/1/2013 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
They know what they're doing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Lore's on a mission. 'Bout to turn it up to 11.

Should we... brace ourselves for 12?

(please tell me I got that reference right =D )
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Wow, congrats Lore! You've definitely earned it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
There is seriously no one more deserving for this type of job than Lore. I hope this means we will see some new and interesting content coming out in the form of videos and whatnot from Blizz with lore, that would be amazing!! I will miss Weekly Marmot and PST though :(

P.S. - Blizzard, please please PLEASE don't prevent lore from occasionally being a guest on Gamebreaker's Legendary!
Edited by Wrathofhell on 5/1/2013 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Here's hoping his avatar is a Chia Pet.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Developers and Blizzard employees in general never communicated with the playerbase through social media either, until recently. Times change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Adding a celebrity to the crew and someone the community really "knows" is always a big plus. I think it's easier to identify with him being a "real person" than just another "blue poster."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]