Dark Sim...educate me

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I rarely use this ability in PvP even though it's powerful...because I really don't know how to use it well.

Suggestions on perfect dark sim moments?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dark sim is valuable but its still kinda weird to use. I have found one class that you can use it at pretty much anytime and its a benefit and that's mages. They are 100% of the time doing damage/cc/ defense. Everything you can steal from them is benefit. You can pop it early when you open on them to steal thier blink or late and steal thier iceblock. I think it would have been more beneficial to steal the last spell cast but oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Wish there were more PVE applications to Dark Sim =(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Nothing like taking a chaos bolt and stuffing it back in the grill of the caster either.

The one app i am almost certain it will not work for is Demo Locks Meta form, while in meta, they actually accumulate mana instead of using it.

Nothing like stealing a blink, blinking back to mage and /slap hahahaha.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Use it right before you death grip a mage. They will almost always blink after you grip them, then you blink right back to them.

Few things in the game make me smile as much as using an OP class' own abilities against them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Dark sim is valuable but its still kinda weird to use. I have found one class that you can use it at pretty much anytime and its a benefit and that's mages. They are 100% of the time doing damage/cc/ defense. Everything you can steal from them is benefit. You can pop it early when you open on them to steal thier blink or late and steal thier iceblock. I think it would have been more beneficial to steal the last spell cast but oh well.

Stealing Deep Freeze is useless cuz the target has to be frozen, Mirror Images dont attack the target so its only good for breaking focus and confuse the #@%$ out of him, but ye the rest can be beneficial ( wish i ever copied Alter Time, imagine 2 gargoyles! xD ). I find pallys much better
targets for DS than mages though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Stick to a priest like glue and anticipate it... time it right...

Psychic scream at your disposal. Use it anywhere you please :D
Reply Quote
ur whaling on the mage u pop AMS if hes at half hp or less u can bet hes gonna blink or block. Time it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
05/02/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Ozunoo

Stealing Deep Freeze is useless cuz the target has to be frozen, Mirror Images dont attack the target so its only good for breaking focus and confuse the #@%$ out of him, but ye the rest can be beneficial ( wish i ever copied Alter Time, imagine 2 gargoyles! xD ). I find pallys much better
targets for DS than mages though.

How would you get two gargoyles? It doesn't reset cooldowns, just buffs, debuffs and health.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
also reminds me of the time I stole wings from a pally which was pretty hilarious. needless to say he never attacked me again hehe.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
You can still dark sim wings? I thought they changed that?

Anyways, where dark sim truly shines is in arena. Sure it's fun to get ice blocks, bubbles and random !@#$ like that. Where it makes a real difference is when you get ccs with it.

Poly, hex, cyclone, fear, etc. These are the abilities you need to focus on stealing because they can lead to many kills. It's a great way to extend a cc chain and it's arguably what separates the men from the boys.

Great dks use dark sim on a regular basis. So start training yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You can't spellsteal/dispel wings anymore, but if they still cost mana to use, you should be able to sim.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Anyways, where dark sim truly shines is in arena. Sure it's fun to get ice blocks, bubbles and random !@#$ like that. Where it makes a real difference is when you get ccs with it.

Poly, hex, cyclone, fear, etc. These are the abilities you need to focus on stealing because they can lead to many kills. It's a great way to extend a cc chain and it's arguably what separates the men from the boys.

^this
Reply Quote
19 Pandaren Warrior
Use on lock while casting chaos bolt. Pop anti magic shell. Chaos bolt the warlock.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I LOVE stealing blinks, fears and other cc from casters, one of the few things that make DKs viable although tricky to play right
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Use on lock while casting chaos bolt. Pop anti magic shell. Chaos bolt the warlock.
cant sim chaos bolt. doesnt cost mana
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight

It's been ages since I did that but still thought it was funny. Kind of retarded that you can't steal certain spells that cost mana and makes the tooltip deceiving imo. still if I could've just seen the look on that kid's face.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
It always gives me good laughs, such an awesome ability to use in pvp, from the useless yet amusing mirror images to the immensely situational, barely useful and extremely hard to time Plague mushroom detonate you'll never get bored.

But on more serious situations, stealing cc, defensive cds and other skills can really break the enemy game in arena giving you a win, like simulating a ice block on dual dps enemy teams or simulating a cc to extend your cc chain and get that kill.

That skill alone makes DK pvp worth it :D
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Short of cramming a Chaos Bolt back at a Warlock, my favorite use is stealing Mirror Image and watching the Mage act all WTF MATE!?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]