Rebel Roleplay and you:

90 Orc Death Knight
Attention Rebel RPers:

The following has come to my attention. A large amount of rebels do not seem to realize there are consequences to their actions, or frankly are ignoring them. While the temptation to be the coolest guy around for badmouthing Garrosh and the Kor’kron is there, doing so would result in serious repercussions. As of Tides of War, Malkorok, the new head of the Kor’kron, has been leading brute squads to silence dissidents and those who merely say Garrosh is a jerk. These silencing methods include but are not limited to:

. Beating up
. Imprisoning
. Interrogation
. Murdering

Since Tides of War, the lore has progressively moved forward, with the trolls “revolting” for 5.1. With the situation having gotten worse/is getting worse, the consequences to what is perceived as a traitor have undoubtedly increased. As killing your own faction is not an implemented thing, there needs to be an understanding of the situation. Yelling:

. Death to the Kor’kron
. Death to Garrosh
. Garrosh is a fool
. Thrall is the only real Warchief, Garrosh isn’t fit to rule.

Or anything similar to the above WILL result in punishment. Shouting those in Orgrimmar 2ft from a guard or within a punching distance of a Kor’kron soldier is a death’s sentence lorewise. Since we as players cannot kill your character, and the guards cannot respond, it is up to you, as a budding rebel, to be smart about it. We can imprison and that’s about it, but having yourself do a ju-jitsu back flip teleport in a cloud of fel while playing the guitar will not be looked upon well to be honest.

I know it seems really cool to be “that guy” who down talked and threatened to kill Kor’kron and Garrosh, but please understand the lore at the moment, and be aware of those around you. Shouting it lorewise or saying it for others to hear in the heart of the Orc’s city and Warchief’s home is tantamount to a death sentence. Now if this comes off as me telling people how to play their character, I apologize as it is not my intention.

Throm’ka!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
but having yourself do a ju-jitsu back flip teleport in a cloud of fel while playing the guitar will not be looked upon well to be honest.

LF FLCL RP Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
*Thumbs up*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I always thought people who threw caution to the wind because mechanics prevent IC consequences to IC actions were silly. If I'm on characters that aren't Garrosh friendly (of which I have a few, despite liking Garrosh as a whole), you don't see them screaming it openly in the streets of Orgrimmar for fear of retaliation (despite being very aware that no one could 'force' that retaliation on me.) It just makes things more believable.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
<rubs forehead>

I haven't roleplayed in Orgrimmar in a long time for obvious reasons. If people are seriously trying to shout about rebellion not only in Orgrimmar, but before the rebellion has even begun, that's pretty dumb.
Reply Quote
LF FLCL RP Horde.
inv pls

Also, the original post hopefully will do to serve many.
Reply Quote
I honestly had no idea how many are considered "rebels".. I've always played Taunkar as a Tauren on the run for saying one too many things about Garrosh's actions. But in my case, he's been hiding away in Pandaria precisely because he knows there are people after him.

In fact, the only time Taunkar has been in Kalimdor ICly was the Sunwalker event yesterday.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Heck I am not going to lie. Settingsun has ALWAYS hated Garrosh for his own reasons.

But he isn't stupid enough to yell it out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
wait, so you're telling me i can't sit in the tavern and discuss with other people my hatred for the current warchief, loudly, with all manner of guards and other enforcement figures nearby, and not expect to be punished?

that's unfair. UNFAIR I SAY
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
DEATH TO GARROSH!

...says the Alliance Death Knight.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Death Knight
It's a difficult topic. Any group that claims IC authority must do so with the OOC consent of the players that will be subjected to that authority. It is possible for someone to RP as a rebel and shout "Death to whomever" while ignoring your guard player character and that wouldn't violate any RP "rules." You are a guard in your RP, not necessarily in his -- and when you enter his RP you must gain his permission to be "the guard."
However, if he acknowledges that you are a guard so that he can insult you or whatever or if he barges into your RP scene, then yes, the OP would make sense from a lore-perspective.

I disagree with the bit here, though:

We can imprison and that’s about it, but having yourself do a ju-jitsu back flip teleport in a cloud of fel while playing the guitar will not be looked upon well to be honest.

I think the dude escaping is the best for everyone involved. He had to flee and you dont need to file paperwork. After all, RP isn't about proving who is tougher or more powerful. A surprise escape let's everyone reset his/her RP.

I know that we want to protect verisimilitude, but these are the dangers of engaing in authority RP. In theory, a random dude could come up and RP that he is a higher ranking figure in Garrosh's army and then he could tell your guard character what to do or even have you arrested on a trumped up charge (as you pointed out, the Orcs are very sensitive about questionable loyalty right now). By the same logic in the OP (which I don't object to, btw) your upstanding guard could be tossed in prison even if he doesn't yell "Death to the dudes!"

If we wish people to acknowledge our IC authority, then we should probably acknowledge the IC authority of others and that could mean that the next Belf who is RPing as Garrosh's BFF can tell your men to stand down because he has been awarded the Order of the Golden Ostrich twice and leads the Mechanized Death Brigade.

Authority RP is a tricky thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Glad that undead didn't die again in my cell. It would stink up the place.
Reply Quote
but having yourself do a ju-jitsu back flip teleport in a cloud of fel while playing the guitar will not be looked upon well to be honest.

I'm going to guess this, or something very similar, happened to you guys recently or some time ago.

I WANT TO HABEEB!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
*Thumbs up* Good post, Skull. Agree completely.
Reply Quote
I agree. I apologize for the mega naughty thing I did last night. Hopefully this will open a few eyes and help people learn how to play a better rebel.
Reply Quote
The only good rebel is a dead rebel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If we wish people to acknowledge our IC authority, then we should probably acknowledge the IC authority of others and that could mean that the next Belf who is RPing as Garrosh's BFF can tell your men to stand down because he has been awarded the Order of the Golden Ostrich twice and leads the Mechanized Death Brigade.

Normally I agree with this sentiment, but as Skullcrusha said there's nothing nebulous about this situation.

Insults to Garrosh are punishable by death in lore.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
How to Rebel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdphvuyaV_I
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'd imagine it will be generally acceptable in rebellion kingdoms for these people to speak freely. These areas would be anywhere under Troll, Tauren, and Blood Elf dominion. I don't believe it would be wise for Forsaken inside of the Undercity to open speak about Garrosh until the Overseers are removed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The only good rebel is a dead rebel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]