You've been disconnected from the server.

(Locked)

Mates,

This issue seems to be solved by pure magic, I tried to set a default access point in my machine internet config, and now when I open wow, a annoying window appear several times and I cancel them all, seems to be asking for a password for internet connection lol...

However, I am able to connect to the server and play without lag and DC. I wish I could know what the f... of dark sorcery happened in my pc so I could share it, however, what I can say is that if you guys are facing the same issue than I faced, please don't stop fighting against your pc, you will find a way to fix it.

Kind Regards,
Frank
90 Dwarf Paladin
Try reducing your video to the lowest setting (system|graphics slider) and see if you can play without DC. It worked for me. I gradually moved the slider back up to good setting and still no DC.
90 Tauren Priest
Try reducing your video to the lowest setting (system|graphics slider) and see if you can play without DC. It worked for me. I gradually moved the slider back up to good setting and still no DC.

still not working. im hoping they fix with tomarrows maintenance
Support Forum Agent
Quof

I need to have you check something real quick. Go into your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder > open the "hosts" file using Notepad

Once there, copy the contents and paste them into your next reply.

Also, can you let me know what steps you have tried so far?

Got some feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Dankorii
Support Forum Agent
For those of you that are still experiencing this issue, can you tell me if you are starting the game by using the launcher.exe or the wow.exe?

90 Night Elf Druid
I have tried all three (launcher.exe , wow-64.exe and wow.exe) with no success.

I can get this to work on my other computer (64-bit Windows 7) but cannot get it to work on either wireless or wired connections on this laptop (problem occured in the last 2 days).

I have flushed my DNS, changed my network settings, adjusted my firewall for port, set IE as my main browser, I have repaired, reinstalled, removed Cache (both for WoW and Battle.net), WTF, Interface and I have also run in 'safe mode' to no avail.

I have run tracert and get the same report from both system. No new software was installed, no new AV, no new malware.never works .

The connection logs always says the same thing:

5/6 22:12:02.500 Login program=WoW platform=Wn64 locale=enUS
5/6 22:12:02.500 Component WoW.Wn64.16826
5/6 22:12:02.500 Component WoW.base.16650
5/6 22:12:02.500 Component WoW.enUS.16650
5/6 22:12:02.500 Component Tool.Win.1398
5/6 22:12:02.523 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_CONNECTING result: LOGIN_OK
5/6 22:12:02.523 Connecting to 12.129.206.130:1119
5/6 22:12:02.843 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_TOKEN result: LOGIN_OK
5/6 22:12:16.484 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: DISCONNECTED
5/6 22:12:16.484 Login program=WoW platform=Wn64 locale=enUS
5/6 22:12:16.484 Component WoW.Wn64.16826
5/6 22:12:16.484 Component WoW.base.16650
5/6 22:12:16.484 Component WoW.enUS.16650
5/6 22:12:16.484 Component Tool.Win.1398
5/6 22:12:23.621 Client initiated Disconnect from 12.129.206.130
5/6 22:12:23.621 Client Disconnect due to reason:8
5/6 22:12:23.621 Client initiated Disconnect from 12.129.206.130

What is reason 8 and what can Blizzard do to fix this? I am willing to try more but I need guidance. Thanks!
90 Worgen Death Knight
My experience is the same as Onewifnature's. On my desktop, I can log in OK, on my laptop, I get disconnected. Both are connected to the same router. I have tried all the suggestions in the thread, but still no joy. Information on reason 8 may be helpful in tracing what the difference is.
Support Forum Agent
Onewifnature and Knalite

I need to have you check something real quick. Go into your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder > open the "hosts" file using Notepad

Once there, copy the contents and paste them into your next reply.

90 Night Elf Druid
Ive tried everything. I flush my system delete my cashe and wtf files uninstalled and reinstalled change my router change my dns and still getting the same messege
20 Human Paladin
i still cant log in after 8 days and hoping that after maintenance this problem will be fixed.following are the things u asked to copy and paste from the 'hosts' file:-

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
20 Human Paladin
PLEASE SOLVE HE PRONBLEM QUICKLY....I AM DESPERATE TO PLAY AGAIN.
90 Night Elf Druid
Even when its evident that it is a wide spread problem that they just created they continue to run the Troubleshooting Playbook step-by-step.

It can't be our problem, it must be your computer. Yeah right.
Actually, it often times is the users problem. So they are doing whats required to fix it on your end. For example some disconnections from service are not always fully detected by WoW. As such it'll try to go through the steps to connect. Then just say you have been disconnected. Closing out WoW, then restarting your modem/router, should fix that issue. Ever been the victim of a weird disconnect that keeps you in game, without disconnecting right away? I've had plenty of those. You can run all over Azeroth for a few minutes. Before the client realizes something is not entirely right. Again for that closing WoW. Then restarting your modem/router often fixes that as well. For many other situations following what a Blue says should help.

For those having issues as I haven't really read anyone saying. Can you all access other websites fine? Do they connect in a timely manner concerning your computer/nets normal capacity? How is your jitter? A high jitter could potentially disrupt any service. Also what antivirus/firewall are you all running? Another point I didn't see mentioned. A antivirus/firewall can block normal operation to applications. With some you have to define exceptions. Others you may need to disable while playing your game. For Avast specifically for myself I had to define a exception for WoW. Otherwise as per myself WoW is blocked by it. So with that in mind see if you need to add an exception to your programs. Or just disable them while running WoW.
Edited by Xaethera on 5/7/2013 3:18 AM PDT
90 Tauren Priest
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

that's all it says.

as for the fixes ive tried ive tried everything listed here as far as I can tell.
Same issues as all above with trying all the fixes listed above but no luck. Only thing I can't do is use the google DNS servers for both (I can only use one) because of my modem, however i get a success on that test website. Bypassing the launcher and using wow.exe and wow-64.exe produces same results. My hosts file reads the exact same as Quof's.

Any fix that doesn't require me having to uninstall/reinstall everything would be awesome as I'm playing from Afghanistan on a USB Simcard Modem and that would probably takes months to do (I exagerate only slightly). Like mentioned, was hoping that maintenance would fix it, but no such luck.

And yes, web pages open the same as they did before the issues. Able to still log on here to post so I imagine I'm getting through some sort of battle.net server that connecting through wow has problems with.
Edited by Clari on 5/7/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Since there are only a few of you that are still having this issue, I'm having each account looked into individually.

I've submitted account info for Clari, Quof, Erolden, and Innervator. If you are experiencing this issue since last Tuesday 4/30, please let me know so you can be added to the list.

90 Worgen Death Knight
OK, problem seems to have been solved. It appears that my account was reset by Blizzard - and that was what seems to have cured the problem. Seems odd that only my laptop was affected though, I was convinced it was something local.
20 Human Paladin
i still cant log in and yes i am facing this log in issue since last tuesday
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Been trying to log in all day. I've done everything listed in this thread. I've gone from instant disconnected from server to logging in to game server. I'm running Win 7 w/ MediattiBC (Okinawa Japan) on a wireless connection.
90 Tauren Druid
This DC issue started with me this evening during ToT raid. Like 2-3 times per boss, and during trash. This set up, has been perfect till tonight. Played all day w/o 1 issue.
Turned off all addons except HB and still got dc's.
at bosses 6/12 thru 8/12 I had reset modem, and pc, backed off Overclocking on my cpu and GPU, and and unticked the setting for optimize net for speed, and Ivp6 then went through those last 2 w/o a dc. Have to wait till tomorrow to see if issue came back, but was so desperate to solve disconnects that I am not sure now what solved it.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
What i am experiencing is frequent disconnects during riads.
normal checking my farm is fine the minute i enter a raid I ca ot summon a pet, and after 30 seconds disconnect
I have tried the ipconfig release/renew/flushdns
restarted router, restarted PC.
I an access other websites fine. and outside raids I am fine.

I use the launcher
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]