A request for all DPS in LFD

90 Night Elf Monk
I hate to break this to you, but you really aren't needed in heroics. Yes, we appreciate you tanking mobs, but in reality we really don't need you. I have flat out tanked instances on my ele sham and this guy, holy dps priest, b/c the tank was slow as balls.

In lower, if you are pulling the entire instance in one go, it's not going to happen. People will not wait sadly. As for heroics at 90, yeah....if you aren't pulling back to back -- barring times when a healer absolutely needs to stop -- i will just keep pulling with the healer healing me instead of you. I'm there to get xp and get out (lower) or just my VP/JP (heroic), not wait for you to finish Pride and Prejudice between each pull.

I hate to break this to you, but you really aren't needed in heroics. I can solo them and outdps most dps.
Edited by Sichel on 5/3/2013 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For those that actually gave advice...thank you!

For those that said "you aren't needed", "i hate sitting there waiting for the tank, so no thanks ill pull for you" (priest said that) amazing that there is this thread where 9 pages of people really disagree with you.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728753572?page=1

As for my continued experience with tanking. I have started running my 88 though the panda dungeons and all is going well. People are more behaved in these then the low levels. I am getting the experience i need and want and greatly appreciate the players that help with certain boss mechanics. Its wonderful having a group that knows i'm new to tanking, so they help me take it a little slower and allow me to lead at my own comfortable pace. We ran stormout 3 times in a row, and at the end i was able to fly through the dungeon like all the awesome tanks i have had the pleasure of running with when i was a healer. So to those that DPS that understand when a tank is trying to learn something and take it a little slower, i want to give a heartfelt thank you to you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
amazing that there is this thread where 9 pages of people really disagree with you.

I Bet I could find a 9 page thread someplace that said that white people were the superior color. I bet I could find a 9 page thread supporting almost any position.

Since I dont fit into either category of the people you mentioned what is your opinion on what I said?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I hate to break this to you, but you really aren't needed in heroics. Yes, we appreciate you tanking mobs, but in reality we really don't need you. I have flat out tanked instances on my ele sham and this guy, holy dps priest, b/c the tank was slow as balls.

In lower, if you are pulling the entire instance in one go, it's not going to happen. People will not wait sadly. As for heroics at 90, yeah....if you aren't pulling back to back -- barring times when a healer absolutely needs to stop -- i will just keep pulling with the healer healing me instead of you. I'm there to get xp and get out (lower) or just my VP/JP (heroic), not wait for you to finish Pride and Prejudice between each pull.

I hate to break this to you, but you really aren't needed in heroics. I can solo them and outdps most dps.

Good. Then you go ahead and solo them so we don't have to listen to you whine and spam recount as if you are doing something -gg, vengenance. You are doing us a huge favor. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
For those that actually gave advice...thank you!

For those that said "you aren't needed", "i hate sitting there waiting for the tank, so no thanks ill pull for you" (priest said that) amazing that there is this thread where 9 pages of people really disagree with you.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728753572?page=1

As for my continued experience with tanking. I have started running my 88 though the panda dungeons and all is going well. People are more behaved in these then the low levels. I am getting the experience i need and want and greatly appreciate the players that help with certain boss mechanics. Its wonderful having a group that knows i'm new to tanking, so they help me take it a little slower and allow me to lead at my own comfortable pace. We ran stormout 3 times in a row, and at the end i was able to fly through the dungeon like all the awesome tanks i have had the pleasure of running with when i was a healer. So to those that DPS that understand when a tank is trying to learn something and take it a little slower, i want to give a heartfelt thank you to you.

No, you found a thread that is backing your own whine position. Congrats on that, but as the dps in here have said, "Pull faster or gtfo and we'll do it ourselves."
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
i pull what i can kill without any help, if you want to taunt it off of me, that is up to you, but if i can kill it, imma kill it
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/02/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Grimsheeper
The more you PUG tank, the more you will learn to cease to care about others.

This is sad, but true. It gets so bad with me, that I end up not even caring about the players who didn't even do anything wrong, aside from them lagging behind a little bit. I have to switch back to playing DPS every now again just so I can keep a perspective on things.
Reply Quote
I wonder how many DPS, who pull for the tank, read the DD forums.

For some reason this fact is still lost on these people. Funny, they complain about not being listened to while not listening themselves...
Reply Quote
9 Orc Warrior
It depends on my mood that day, also on whether or not I have a beer. Mostly though if you pull it and aren't the healer I figure you are capable of tanking it so just move on. I actually find it fun to have some crazy locks pulling stuff while I go grab the next group, if they survive the dungeon goes much faster if not it gives me an excuse to save the day.

I do make exceptions, mostly for hunters pets. Seems the idiot pets want to go molest something at least once in every dungeon and the hunter is saying oh $%&* not again when it happens (imps are bad for this to but the locks try to pretend they did it on purpose(kinda like a cat when it falls)). .
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Rogue
I don't like letting the tank pull. Gives me hives.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As a tank, I will let dps pull. They obviously want to tank and since I love tanking I want them to get to enjoy it too. In fact, I will just sit back and enjoy the beauty of the moment of them tanking that boss/trash pack. Sometimes I will even help them along and have my hunter buddy misdirect even more to them so they can REALLY enjoy tanking. We might even misdirect every mob/boss to them as we go along.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
edit: ewww another necroed post.
Edited by Fayte on 5/15/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]