Moon Guard: RBG Team is Recruiting You!

I will be running a rated battle ground team every Wednesday at 7:00 Server Time until 10:00. There will be a 4 minute break after each game set on a timer.

This is not a recruitment for any guild.

Our Goal: to create a commited group of team players and to progress and learn together.

Our class needs:
Guardian Druid

Elemental Shaman
Rogue
Demonology/Destruction Warlock

Holy Paladin

To join you must be older than 16
Have a working headset and are willing to speak with it, both clearly and crisply
You must never suffer more than 280 latency at any given moment.
You must have a minimum of 22 fps while in Battlegrounds
At minimum you must have Season 13 honor gear

Their is no descrimination based on gear or rating. You will get your spot by responding to this forum post on a first come and first serve basis. You will not be removed from the group for someone else unless you consistantly fail to show up, or are found to have violated the conditions stated above. These conditions are important because they are key to insuring we run both smoothly, effectively, and efficiently.

I understand the age limit may seem unfair, but this is in place solely for the purpose of preserving order and minimizing drama and it is possible I may make an exception.

In this group, there will be no raging and no bad attitudes in my group, so don't feel too nervice. You will not be removed and yelled at for making first timer mistakes. If you are easily angered and wish to join this group, you may under the pretext that you take your mic off and yell at the wall instead of your team allies.

Required AddOns are as follows:
Battleground Targets
Decursive

Recommended Addons:
ElvUi

If you are interested please post on this forum with your class and spec. Please state the following:

I will show up every Wednsday before 7:00 and I will be available to play for three strait hours without interruption unless it is an emergency.

I guarantee I will so do this as a first come first serve basis.

Deathknight - reserved for Kalanda
Mistweaver Monk - Reserved for Kawashiro
Disc Priest - Reserved for Dazirann
Frost Mage - Reserved for Shiorikyoko
Edited by Reynà on 5/3/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm not quite sure why you're running a Holy Priest, Guardian Druid, and a Demonolgy Warlock. All three of these classes have a stronger spec for higher end RBGs. My suggestion:

Disc Priest
Balance Druid
Destro Warlock

I'd suggest your tank be a Prot Warrior.
Edited by Felthier on 5/2/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
I highly recommend utilizing a Destruction warlock instead of Demonology.

The only use I have gotten out of Demo in RBGs is when we lack other pet classes on the team and I'm required to sit at a base on a node map or turtle an orb on Temple. In such situations, Demo arguably provides better survivability and cap resistance.

Otherwise, a properly played Destruction warlock will put out far more pressure and damage, especially in team fights.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
You must never suffer more than 120 latency at any given moment.
This seems a bit arbitrary considering that I run at a consistent 250ms and it hasn't held me back to any great degree. Additionally I think the comp you're going for may be a little antique.

That said, best of luck.
Edited by Danyl on 5/2/2013 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I highly recommend utilizing a Destruction warlock instead of Demonology.

The only use I have gotten out of Demo in RBGs is when we lack other pet classes on the team and I'm required to sit at a base on a node map or turtle an orb on Temple. In such situations, Demo arguably provides better survivability and cap resistance.

Otherwise, a properly played Destruction warlock will put out far more pressure and damage, especially in team fights.

Patch 5.3, :)

Just read it over
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/

If your interested do say so, and yes we would use you as destruction for the time being, though we highly recommend you practice for 'other' purposes for the coming 5.3
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I see nothing to indicate that a demo lock will be better for RBGs than destro, unless you mean to use them for FCing.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Danyl
You must never suffer more than 120 latency at any given moment.
This seems a bit arbitrary considering that I run at a consistent 250ms and it hasn't held me back to any great degree. Additionally I think the comp you're going for may be a little antique.

That said, best of luck.

Do you use wifi? It is highly recommended you use the cord and it was supposed to say under 220 in the first post. I would like to thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: Latency is changed to a 280 maximum ceiling.
Edited by Reynà on 5/2/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see nothing to indicate that a demo lock will be better for RBGs than destro, unless you mean to use them for FCing.

Prot specs have been nerfed to take an additional 50 percent damage with the flag come 5.3 which theoretically brings Dark apothesis slightly ahead when I did the number crunch.

And if you promise you will retain a consistant 250 latency, you may join the team so long as it is consistant.
Reply Quote
I am already beginning to strategize for 5.3 and I daresay we will make a lot of use out of both our warlock and rogue.

I guarantee it will be fun!
Edited by Reynà on 5/2/2013 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not quite sure why you're running a Holy Priest, Guardian Druid, and a Demonolgy Warlock. All three of these classes have a stronger spec for higher end RBGs. My suggestion:

Disc Priest
Balance Druid
Destro Warlock

I'd suggest your tank be a Prot Warrior.

Leave the numbers and theory to me kind sir :) much of this is in regard to 5.3 changes.

My strategies have always been well thought out, unique and well played. I have a number of character references if you would like to speak with me in game.
Edited by Reynà on 5/2/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And if you promise you will retain a consistant 250 latency, you may join the team so long as it is consistant.

Look at his RBG rating.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Kauthryn

Look at his RBG rating.

I don't judge by rating, it's very rude to not give people a chance and the offer still holds. Keep in mind the delay effects some classes more than others and every second counts when a opposing team sets his latency against a flag our FC just dropped to return it, versus our own to keep it up and in the game
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't judge by rating, it's very rude to not give people a chance and the offer still holds. Keep in mind the delay effects some classes more than others and every second counts when a opposing team sets his latency against a flag our FC just dropped to return it, versus our own to keep it up and in the game

I'm unsure why you wouldn't judge by rating.
With a sub-optimal composition he has one of the highest rated teams on the server.

His point was not that he needed to join your team, but that your number was pointless.
Reply Quote
I'm not here to listen to people speak about their own teams. If you need help or recruits, why not just make a new forum post? :) I have no intention to F-PvP with anyone. I hope that clears everything up ^.^ and the number isn't pointless I've done the math for this actually.

If you're not here to join, then you must be here to stir up trouble, brag, or F-PvP and I must ask you to please not derail my thread. This thread has a very specific point in mind and I do nt desire it to shift directions. If you have any concerns please contact me in game at best convieniance.
Edited by Reynà on 5/2/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Leave the numbers and theory to me kind sir :) much of this is in regard to 5.3 changes.

My strategies have always been well thought out, unique and well played. I have a number of character references if you would like to speak with me in game.

There are no changes to Priests that would make Holy more advantageous than Disc. The change to Divine Hymn only applies to raid instances.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Frankly, there are a lot of comps. Hell, you could run double healer (we did one night and went 8-0) and if you opt for a guardian druid and have a core one, you can make him honor gear for heals and if you don't require an FC for a map, you can swap out a bear for heals. It's pretty cool and people seem to have a really hard time deciding WTF they're going to do against double healer teams. I think reaction starts out as "lol we're going to kick their !@#" and then they just sit there and wonder how the hell they got wiped only to find the double healer team's two healers to be sitting around 20M heals and we didn't even have a druid tank for swap out; we had a warrior.

Our holy priest goes disc when she has to but she regularly rakes in 20M in heals; it's our healadin that's on !@#$% duty for FC heals.

But, I'm rambling, I wish you the best of luck in RBGS and when you hit the 1800 bracket, I hope we run into you!

Trk'hsk. Die fighting, Alliance dog.
Edited by Arielen on 5/2/2013 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

There are no changes to Priests that would make Holy more advantageous than Disc. The change to Divine Hymn only applies to raid instances.

You are free to use Discipline if you opt in, but if you would like, I will sit down with you and show you the advantages holy priests have over Discipline through hard numbers. Keep in mind I am leaving this choice up to your personal preference regardless.

::waves enthusiastically at Arie::
Actually my prior team used two healers as well :) people get stuck in there ruts though and their is not much to do about that other than find people who can adapt.
Edited by Reynà on 5/2/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Message me in game any time Im holy heals, I just run for point cap
Edited by Chrodin on 5/2/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
[Double Post]
Edited by Chrodin on 5/2/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/02/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Reynà
Prot specs have been nerfed to take an additional 50 percent damage with the flag come 5.3 which theoretically brings Dark apothesis slightly ahead when I did the number crunch.

Tanks will only tank 25% more damage in 5.3. There's already an undocumented 25% penalty in RBGs, so this is just a buff to that. I highly doubt they're going to tack on the 50% penalty to the already existing 25% one.

DPS should only take 5% less damage than tanks take right now.
Edited by Grev on 5/2/2013 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]