Moon Guard: RBG Team is Recruiting You!

90 Pandaren Priest
05/02/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Reynà
You are free to use Discipline if you opt in, but if you would like, I will sit down with you and show you the advantages holy priests have over Discipline through hard numbers. Keep in mind I am leaving this choice up to your personal preference regardless.

I would love to hear the advantages Holy has over Disc. I only hope you are not basing those advantages by looking at the healing scoreboard in the BG itself. :(
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Grev
Prot specs have been nerfed to take an additional 50 percent damage with the flag come 5.3 which theoretically brings Dark apothesis slightly ahead when I did the number crunch.

Tanks will only tank 25% more damage in 5.3. There's already an undocumented 25% penalty in RBGs, so this is just a buff to that. I highly doubt they're going to tack on the 50% penalty to the already existing 25% one.

DPS should only take 5% less damage than tanks take right now.

We need a blue post on this, I'm beginning to think. I already did the math to account for the 25% increase, but with the additional 50% increase. They need to clarify if it is 25% + 50% as opposed to a documented 50% or maybe they mean to (defense x .25) x .5 I think I will ask now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Tanks will only tank 25% more damage in 5.3. There's already an undocumented 25% penalty in RBGs, so this is just a buff to that. I highly doubt they're going to tack on the 50% penalty to the already existing 25% one.

DPS should only take 5% less damage than tanks take right now.

We need a blue post on this, I'm beginning to think. I already did the math to account for the 25% increase, but with the additional 50% increase. They need to clarify if it is 25% + 50% as opposed to a documented 50% or maybe they mean to (defense x .25) x .5 I think I will ask now.

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/323898903424532480

Holinka says it's just a 25% increase in that tweet. After 5.3 tanks will take 25% increased damage and DPS will take 20% increased damage. I don't think a 5% difference is going to make tanks obsolete.
Edited by Grev on 5/2/2013 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I would love to hear the advantages Holy has over Disc. I only hope you are not basing those advantages by looking at the healing scoreboard in the BG itself. :(

Healing through an awful full res without needing to worry about mana is pretty cool.
Reply Quote
Defense - [(.25+.25) x defense] = nerf

They could have just said that in the notes yeesh. I have to start over.

Edit: Twitter saves the day thanks to Grev. :3
Edited by Reynà on 5/2/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Yeah, it was all a bit misleading. The initial 25% increase should have been documented when it happened.

Holinka just wants to persuade people to abandon tanks.
Edited by Grev on 5/2/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
05/02/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Arielen

Healing through an awful full res without needing to worry about mana is pretty cool.

That doesn't make up for the fact that your lone tanking CD is bugged and your AoE CD can be interrupted.

Also, if they manage to spell lock you before you go down, you remain spell locked for the duration of Guardian Spirit. :-\ Plus, you're locked out of your level 90 talent, Void Shift, Dispel, etc.
Edited by Tiriel on 5/2/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Dazi- disc priest/ shadow OS
Edited by Dazirann on 5/3/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We're still looking for a few more team members.
Reply Quote
Needs more PvP love <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My arena partner and I are looking for a team to join, Holy Paladin and Assassination Rogue, if there is still openings for the team; we would be happy to join, here is our armory links as well:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Celestiella/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Xagnar/advanced
Edited by Celestiella on 7/12/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]