holy pallys?

90 Human Priest
Is it worth making a holy pally or are their heals not that great?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Getting nerf cuz druids are cry babies.

Take that as you will.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/02/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Meladee

Take that as you will.

/cry

... wait :p

Holy pallies are fun, if you want to play one play one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They're pretty much always going to be useful to bring. I would recommend it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
They can nerf us as long as they want, we'll still be the best healers, we always have been :}

Yeah, we're pretty fun. But if you want something... deep, then you should know our heals are pretty much straightforward. What you see is what you get. Unlike a druid or priest interweaving HoTs and using specific spells to boost others, we pretty much cast a spell, and it heals for what it's supposed to heal for; whether you like that or not is up to what you like play. Me, I never get bored of healing as a paladin.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I agree. If you like a hpally, go to town. They have been a valuable asset to any raid for years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
05/02/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Meladee

Take that as you will.

Yeah, because having HoTs better than the freaking "HoT healer" wasn't stupid, or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/02/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Krinu

Take that as you will.

Yeah, because having HoTs better than the freaking "HoT healer" wasn't stupid, or anything.

Eternal Flame is good for a bunch of reasons, the healing the HoT does to the target is only a part of that. Arguably not even the best part, when you consider the interactions with Beacon and our mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy Paladins are a fun class to play. Lots of utility.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We have a lot of raw power, but we also have situational disadvantages. If you just look at meters, we can top them depending on spread and damage.
Reply Quote
from what ive seen were only getting a 2%reduction from 12 to 10% to our mastery absorbs right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
from what ive seen were only getting a 2%reduction from 12 to 10% to our mastery absorbs right?

We're getting a 16.66% reduce to scaling as well. It'll take 480 mastery rating to get 1% more shielding instead of the current 400.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can make yourself look like a great healer on a Holy Pally by stacking mastery and spamming for IH! Well, if you're an LFR hero, anyway...just ask Aleaina!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
to identify a great healer, you need to see his healing done, the spells he used and how, his overhealing, and his mana left at the end of the fight.

And when choosing a healer, you should go by feeling, the diference in performance wont be noticeable in most groups, with the exception of those going for world firsts ( and groups going for cutting edge progression, for example guilds that go for heroics before gearing in normal).

1 thing is certain:

100% of a class population complains about their class issue or situation, usually translates in 10% really having raid issues cause of that, and 90% just finding something to blame for being bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've played a holy Paladin since the release of wow. No matter how many times we've been nerfed, buffed, nerfbatted to the ground, etc, we've always come out on top. This is a durable class if you have the patience to master it and not reroll at the first sight of adversity.

If you choose to be Holy take the time to learn your class, go to paladin forums and ask questions, find the top holy paladins on your server and ask them for advice. If they aren't complete asshats they will be more than happy to mentor you. Good luck. :)
Reply Quote
I guess it depends on what you like to do, what kind of healing you like doing, not even sure that made sense..

Anyway, I'm leveling a holy pally( currently lvl 78) and I'm having a blast, most of all, pvp healing is fun again lol, it hasn't been on this toon for quite a while. The pve healing is fun too, at least while leveling, I can't say anything about lvl 90 yet( so maybe I should just back out of the thread quietly lol)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/02/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Krinu

Take that as you will.

Last I checked, my EF doesn't heal for 70k on targets, Get that junk out of here. Our druid with her meta can spam rejuv without much thought on mana. Most fights with any spread healing it's 40% of her healing. Stop talking nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's worth it to play if you like the class. At no point will holy paladins become unplayable.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

Last I checked, my EF doesn't heal for 70k on targets, Get that junk out of here. Our druid with her meta can spam rejuv without much thought on mana. Most fights with any spread healing it's 40% of her healing. Stop talking nonsense.

You sir, have no idea of what you are talking about.

Rejuvenation doesn't heal for 70k.
A rejuvenation that ticks ~25k is from a very geared druid

About spamming rejuv, its because this is the only viable tatic for a druid right now, stack full spirit to try reaching a point where you can use rejuve to blanket the raid.

Instead, your EF can cover the ENTIRE RAID the ENTIRE TIME!
Do you even know how much we want for a hot that we can keep the entire raid with?

Rejuve is our SPOT healing spell, because we cant blanket the raid with it in this tier spirit levels, even with the new legendary meta.
We can pre-hot raid for big damages, yes, but we cannot keep it during triage.

The only thing that makes Rejuve be 40% of our healing is because we use it as spot heal for its first and second tick during triage, and because its our only tool to deal with raid wide damage, not because it is a great HoT.

It's duration is too small, 12 sec, and it costs too much mana.
Compared to your EF, that only costs 1 HP, and lasts 30sec... lol.

You can cover the entire Raid in 1HP-EF, the overheal with generate shields, when there is damage enough to break the shield, the hot will snipe, and all those healing ticks will be fueling the tank at the same time.
All this wile you use an instant spot heal, and either a big heal on the tank, or an aoe heal each 6 sec without ever going OOM.

Are you seriously believing that druids hot is better?

No we cannot fuel all our hots on the tank.
We cannot keep the entire raid hotted.
Our hot doesn't keep producing shields to the raid the entire time.

A heal over time spell is only useful if you can keep people hotted the entire time, so by the time they take damage the HoT is already ticking and bringing its hp up, if you need to act reactively, waiting for the damage to enter for then use a HoT, it loses its meaning.
It's better to just cast a plain simple healing spell, then a HoT on such situation.

That's why druids are having problems, and paladins are breezing, because we are focused on HoTs but we cannot keep the raid hotted, and in the end it works as bad spot healing spells, wile paladins have a more solid toolkit, with AoE healing tools, mana efficiency and great mastery, all the wile being able to cover the entire raid in HoTs, wile at the same time being able to AoE heal, or spot heal, or tank heal at the same time, and generate shields on the entire raid, and heal the tank for huge HPS, all of this without ever going oom.

(10 1HP-EF rolling, means the beacon gets effectively 1HP-EF + 9*0.5*1HP-EF = 5.5HP-EF, so if all targets are only with 1HP-EF meaning no Divine Purpose procs, your tank is receiving ~2 full 3-HP EF equivalent of healing per second...)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Holy pallies have a great track record with being the best / one of the best / mandatory to bring.

I do want to see them get nerfed to the ground though. Just once. At least for an April Fool's joke or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]