holy pallys?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
To be honest. I hate the absorb mastery. I liked paladins back when they didnt have strong aoe healing but could bomb heals on people. Even if the heals do the same effective healing now (heal+absorb) its not as satisfying to me to see the health bars go up slowly. Im hoping they scrap it for something else next expansion.

As for eternal flame, Im hoping they nerf the healing of the hot by about 25% but then decrease the duration by 50% so each individual tick is for more but it can be on nearly as many people as before. Hopefully that would make it more for spot healing a couple people than blanketing. Then buff light of dawn so its used more in aoe and buff our single target heals to bring us back in line.
Edited by Viena on 5/5/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You sir, have no idea of what you are talking about.

This is What I see on my Recount.

This is a 5% wipe on Lei Shen.
http://s4.photobucket.com/user/87_Z04/media/Overall_zps3868b005.jpg.html
This is healing overall for the night.
http://s4.photobucket.com/user/87_Z04/media/FullNight_zpseea2a3ce.jpg.html

I don't check logs for druids. Be a douche all you like, this is what I've been seeing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
[deleted because I misunderstood that people were talking about individual HoT ticks]
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 5/5/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/02/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Meladee
Is it worth making a holy pally or are their heals not that great?

Getting nerf cuz druids are cry babies.

Take that as you will.

Like Hpallies don't need a nerf? PFFFT!

And not being nerfed enough IMO!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/05/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Reklas
You sir, have no idea of what you are talking about.

This is What I see on my Recount.

This is a 5% wipe on Lei Shen.
http://s4.photobucket.com/user/87_Z04/media/Overall_zps3868b005.jpg.html
This is healing overall for the night.
http://s4.photobucket.com/user/87_Z04/media/FullNight_zpseea2a3ce.jpg.html

I don't check logs for druids. Be a douche all you like, this is what I've been seeing.

Read again my whole post.
I NEVER said that Rejuvenation wasn't ~40 to ~50% of our healing, because IT IS!
What i said is that its used as a spot heal, and aoe healing tool, not as a HoT.

Read the post again, i will not explain everything twice.

In resume, HoTs needs to be long, and cover a big part of the raid, and be efficient enough to be kept during the whole fight. Right now druids have a instant heal that happens to ticks 5 more times.
It's not something we blanket the raid with, but something we use as spot healing during triage, and as AoE healing during raid damage.
EF is a hot, something you keep on everyone the entire fight, that keeps healing when those people take damage. And on top of that you can single target heal, or aoe healing wile keeping the entire raid hotted most of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/05/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Sàtàn
EF is a hot, something you keep on everyone the entire fight,

uh what?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/05/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Taelaus
EF is a hot, something you keep on everyone the entire fight,

uh what?

If you don't know how to EF blanket the entire raid 100% of the time, then go look for it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I've always thought that pallies were the best healer for a while. Which is fine with me, because I heal with 2 really good ones, so it makes my job easier.

Once 5.3 hits and leveling is easier, then I'll probably play with mine for a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Im starting to see more holy paladins around healing... its like people didnt want to play them at all for a while though... atleast in my little world.

This thread has got me thinking of finally levelling my 85 paladin and going holy =)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Im starting to see more holy paladins around healing... its like people didnt want to play them at all for a while though... atleast in my little world.

This thread has got me thinking of finally levelling my 85 paladin and going holy =)

it is flavor of the month. come 5.3, you will see a !@#$ ton of qq and people dropping their Hpaladins. the sky is not falling, but they will swear it is (esp if they stick with the t14 after nerf)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you don't know how to EF blanket the entire raid 100% of the time, then go look for it.

I really hope you are talking about 10 man and not 25. I don't think I know any paladins right now that are using 1 HP to EF the whole raid (Both Formats). It is a scummy and not very effective way to heal. Sure it looks great on recount/skada but overall it is really not helping your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
EF blanketing, in any format, isn't that good for the raid, and leaves you in a very strict playstyle of HP generation and spending and doesn't allow you to react without throwing off your "rotation." I've never seen any good paladins adhere to this playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
EF blanketing is also wildly inefficient once you drop the t14 4 piece. With a 6 second HS cooldown your ability to blanket EF is substantially reduced.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
They can nerf us as long as they want, we'll still be the best healers, we always have been :}

Clearly you didn't play in vanilla. They were a joke.

That said, these days yes they're pretty useful and will probably continue to be so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They can nerf us as long as they want, we'll still be the best healers, we always have been :}

Clearly you didn't play in vanilla. They were a joke.

That said, these days yes they're pretty useful and will probably continue to be so.

Did you play in vanilla? Holy Paladins were awesome in classic WoW. Infinite mana and the original raid saving Cooldown lay on hands. Plate armor and 12 seconds of complete raid mechanic ignorance.

So please tell me how me how we were bad in vanilla?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy pallies have a great track record with being the best / one of the best / mandatory to bring.

I do want to see them get nerfed to the ground though. Just once. At least for an April Fool's joke or something.

What a jealous boy!

/joke

I've played a holy Paladin since the release of wow. No matter how many times we've been nerfed, buffed, nerfbatted to the ground, etc, we've always come out on top. This is a durable class if you have the patience to master it and not reroll at the first sight of adversity.

If you choose to be Holy take the time to learn your class, go to paladin forums and ask questions, find the top holy paladins on your server and ask them for advice. If they aren't complete asshats they will be more than happy to mentor you. Good luck. :)

You sir, is a True Holy Paladin. Yes, as I did so many times through wow history, but lets be honest... it's rare to find someone really willing to help nowadays!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I do want to see them get nerfed to the ground though. Just once. At least for an April Fool's joke or something.

You mean like in Sunwell when guilds would forgo bringing Holy Paladins in favor of Resto Shaman stacking?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You mean like in Sunwell when guilds would forgo bringing Holy Paladins in favor of Resto Shaman stacking?

You mean bad guilds that actually couldn't clear pre 3.0 Brutallus anyway?

Holy Paladins were need for the intense tank healing needed. They were by far the most mana efficient healer in TBC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]