holy pallys?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Instead, your EF can cover the ENTIRE RAID the ENTIRE TIME!

You sir, have no idea of what you are talking about.

Answering with our own quote... priceless
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You mean bad guilds that actually couldn't clear pre 3.0 Brutallus anyway?

Holy Paladins were need for the intense tank healing needed. They were by far the most mana efficient healer in TBC.

You seem to remember TBC a lot differently and I do.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with our nerfs but I do not think more is needed.

In T15 I see all of our healers healing about the same with just our rdruid lagging behind but that is to be expected. Although he will spike pretty high and on fights like tortos he is amazing tbh I love Druids and they will never be unwanted or "underpowered".

Although LFR and normals may show something else but I feel healing is pretty well balanced at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They can nerf us as long as they want, we'll still be the best healers, we always have been :}

I would like to point out that you did not bring a holy paladin to a raid in order to heal in vanilla. You brought half of them to spam blessings as they only lasted 5 minutes and that's a lot of blessings for a 40 man raid. The other half you brought to spam cleanse.

At the beginning of Burning Crusade you brought a paladin (one) to heal the main tank. The other healer or two kept everyone else alive. You were not gimped in the least to not have a paladin healing the main tank, but trying to put a paladin on raid duty was an exercise in futility.

At the end of Burning Crusade you benched all your paladins and went to Sunwell with a team of Restoration Shamans. Holy priests and resto druids were tolerable substitues.

We have been competitive since Lich King.

I only bring this up for honesty in the qq.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
< First healing toon, I highly recommend it.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm enjoying mine so far. The comment about "what you see is what you get" is pretty accurate, so far it's mostly been a matter of watching ho fast someone's health meter is dropping and deciding what spell to use (fast heal for a lot? Slow heal for a lot? Insta-heal for a moderate amount? AoE heal for a moderate amount?).

I just got Beacon of light, so I'm just starting to figure out how paladin multi-target healing works.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
100% of a class population complains about their class issue or situation, usually translates in 10% really having raid issues cause of that, and 90% just finding something to blame for being bad.

This is 100% true.

Nerfs, Buffs, Reworkings...whatever Blizzard does, it can be worked around and fixed.

I don't know anyone who heals WELL on a holy paladin that doesn't absolutely love their paladin. We have a lot more utility than other classes, what with Hand of Protection, Hand of Sacrifice, Lay on Hands, Hand of Purity (situational), Hand of Freedom (situational), and all of our own personal cds that increase healing like Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor, and Guardian.

I think we have more cds than any other healing class (I'm not sure about monks, as mine is only 42) and I've found that the pallies that are so-so with their healing tend to utilize all the tools they have at their disposal.

I'd definitely say that leveling a hpally is worth it, because there is always a guild somewhere that wants one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]