What race for monk?

100 Tauren Warrior
Plan on making a monk and i'm still deciding on what race to be.
Horde side by the way =P
Hard time choosing which looks best.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can go to some websites and get a look at what the various race/gender combos look like in gear.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets?filter=cl=10

Click a set then hit view in 3d. There is even a little box that lets you see the animations.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I prefer Forsaken and Blood elf. I went with the Elf because I find they look better with the blindfold which I'm going to farm for. Undead was a close second to me with all the racial and how kickass they look imo.
Reply Quote
...with the blindfold...

Blindfold? DONT DO IT MAN!!!!!!
Get White Pants, Farm Honor for Blue Tabard, Get Tier Hat (perf blue), White Shirt, End Time gloves, small pointed Spaulders for a more original look instead.

Forsaken Looks Awesome
Blood elf for a more "classic" look
Tauren for a OMG BBQ!!! reaction
Orc for Stereotypical "ORC SMASH!" (then again, so do Warriors)
Troll, for being a "Troll" about things.
(goblin monks don't exist. Probably due to Pandaren mistaking them for gnomes)
and finally,

Pandaren, For their race is practically built around martial arts.
Edited by Haoh on 5/2/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Tauren Monk
I like the Tauren look, but I think Trolls fit well with their hunch, looks natural.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
FDC
UD or Orc.
Reply Quote
39 Orc Monk
I flippin love the look of my fem orc. Plus I think fem orcs are way underrepresented
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Pandaren have the best animations imo
Reply Quote
Somethin' besides Pandaren or Belf.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
undead
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Are you going for pure cosmetics, or which would be the "best" for PVE or PVP?

Tauren monk in my opinion... I think I've seen like one tauren monk ever... and I'm partial to Taurens /shrug. Something so chill about their animations and the way they stand.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Trolls make the best monks. Their long legs are perfect for kicking and they don't wear boots which lets you get that cool barefoot kung fu look as well.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Are you going for pure cosmetics, or which would be the "best" for PVE or PVP?

Tauren monk in my opinion... I think I've seen like one tauren monk ever... and I'm partial to Taurens /shrug. Something so chill about their animations and the way they stand.

that might have to do with people loving up on panda food buffs and exp buffs.

in terms of horde side tanking tauren make respectable tanks for there size and get a little buff to there HP. don't know what blizzard uses for the orc racial on monks, Aliside the drenai might do ok for a slight bonus to hit just. Just in terms of racials. In terms of uniqueness anything other than panda and elfs if the numbers on: http://wow.realmpop.com/ are anything to judge by.
Edited by Sohai on 5/3/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Trolls make the best monks. Their long legs are perfect for kicking and they don't wear boots which lets you get that cool barefoot kung fu look as well.

yeah but trolls have bad breath and bad posture. :P
Reply Quote
26 Tauren Monk
05/03/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Sohai

But its the bad posture that makes it work! When in combat, it just goes, the way they are hunched over and everything. I personally do not like trolls, at all, unless they are a Druid, cause, you know, red Moonkin, green kitties, and I do not have to look at the model, but as a Monk, it just fits. But I love Tauren, and how often do you see Tauren monks?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

But its the bad posture that makes it work! When in combat, it just goes, the way they are hunched over and everything. I personally do not like trolls, at all, unless they are a Druid, cause, you know, red Moonkin, green kitties, and I do not have to look at the model, but as a Monk, it just fits. But I love Tauren, and how often do you see Tauren monks?

Tauren Monks in PVE ? none yet-
Heck today was the first time I had anything other than a dang panda monk in PVE- orc brewmaster, he was a epicly good but tank, and when going for the hardnocks childrens week achievement me and this zombie monk teemed up to re-take a base in arathibasin.
Otherwise it's been pandas all the way.
Edited by Sohai on 5/4/2013 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/statspve-race-10-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
<- - -
Reply Quote
Taurens because taurens look good as everything in everything and as my character shows, nothing.

You're fine as long as you aren't pandaren though.
Edited by Kenshimoo on 5/4/2013 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Someone say male draenei? ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]