Sunwalker Dezco/Golden Lotus short story up

90 Undead Hunter
Dezco does not seem like father of the year material - I mean, who goes into battle with their children?

HUUUUUGH MY BABY ARMOUR WILL PROTECT ME!
Edited by Bartrant on 5/3/2013 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
05/03/2013 12:57 AMPosted by Sigvalt
And apparently female tauren can nurse baby tauren even if they weren't recently pregnant.

Duh, they're cows.

Yeah, but that happens because they're pumped full of hormones.

Dezco does not seem like father of the year material - I mean, who goes into battle with their children?

When you kill him in game he just falls down on top of whichever baby is on his chest.
Edited by Lena on 5/3/2013 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Worgen Priest

When you kill him in game he just falls down on top of whichever baby is on his chest.

*splat*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Let's just go ahead and say that one is Cloudhoof.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't know what's worse: How dark this story is or how it actually kinda made me crave veal.

you monster!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If only Dezco had been smart- like Vaeldrin- and tested the water of youth before giving it to his wife, then he might've realized what a wrong move it would be and she might've survived the pregnancy.
Edited by Cassima on 5/3/2013 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

It was parent instincts that made him not trust anyone with his children outside of Nala plus he did manage to protect his children for all their travels around the continent. Plus he had already lost his friend and wife so was more than a little desperate to try to take matters into his own hands.
Edited by Insanecat on 5/3/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2013 01:21 AMPosted by Evilpaladen
I don't know what's worse: How dark this story is or how it actually kinda made me crave veal.

you monster!

Like veal... only babies.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If only Dezco had been smart- like Vaeldrin- and tested the water of youth before giving it to his wife, then he might've realized what a wrong move it would be and she might've survived the pregnancy.

Well Leza had some sort of illness too, it wasn't just the water that killed her.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Man, that was a bit heart breaking.

Yay tauren/sunwalker lore?

One thing I would like to point out that this shows after SoO the factions aren't going to just pick up and leave. Allot of people are intending to live there apparently.

So... All the stories are about how you get into one of the MoP factions?
Edited by Drede on 5/3/2013 2:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Also on Dezco, I'm pretty sure one of the truenames of his sons was going to be named after YOU, the player.

they would take on their true names: one for an old and dear friend who had died in Pandaria's coastal jungle, and the other for a new friend who had helped his tribe.

I guess he could be naming it Anduin. Would be cool though if every time you see him later they have him be named after us using /player.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Also on Dezco, I'm pretty sure one of the truenames of his sons was going to be named after YOU, the player.

they would take on their true names: one for an old and dear friend who had died in Pandaria's coastal jungle, and the other for a new friend who had helped his tribe.

I guess he could be naming it Anduin. Would be cool though if every time you see him later they have him be named after us using /player.
I feel like Cloudhoof was the one to be named after the player so, if they revisit the Dezco family in the future they can actually write material about the surviving son by name.

As cool as it would be to see Arthasdknight the young tauren Golden Lotus trainee, I feel it would create more trouble than it's worth unless they have a lore character hijack player content again.
Edited by Frosthawk on 5/3/2013 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Who the hell fights in battle carrying children?

Also:

05/03/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Sigvalt
Well, that was a really sad story. Going to go eat ice cream while sobbing uncontrollably for a while.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Man thats a heavy story. I think for a horde player it is compounded by the fact that we already have seen how much the guy has lost. The quest for the vale has been brutal on the poor guy. Kind of hope for his sake that place is worth it. It hasn't really impressed me much yet.

Loved the little bits of Tauren lore we got. Makes me hungry for more. The lore also makes the sunwalkers feel a bit more fitting for the Tauren.

On the baby armor... You would note that he only ever was carrying them like that in battle situations when he had no where safe to put them and no one safe to leave them with. He only ended up going into battle with Cloudhoof because Redhorn was at risk.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Wasnt there supposed to be some sort of Blood knight story? What was it called?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Wasnt there supposed to be some sort of Blood knight story? What was it called?

I think its gonna be an actual book.

As for the topic. I did not expect Blizz to actually use "baby armor" as a plot device. It was definitely sad and I was hoping until the end that somehow Cloudhoof would be ressurected at the end.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Wait, so did baby Kor die or the baby that was named after the player?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Probably the player one to keep it simple.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/03/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Bachì

Probably the player one to keep it simple.
He named it after me!

I'll murderize them!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Poor Dezco though, he technically loses everything given that his surviving sun is now a member of the golden lotus.

I will admit the short story did bring tears to my eyes though, it was pretty heavy. But it also eliminates him from any possibility of being warchief, he won't leave pandaria I think, because it's the only way to be with his surviving son.

It was definitely sad and I was hoping until the end that somehow Cloudhoof would be resurrected at the end.

I was hoping that as well, but it shows that bringing back the dead lorewise isn't really something that happens. Dezco's story really nails that home to us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]