Penalties in BGs, when?

32 Human Rogue
When will we see some kind of penalties for losing a BG ....including exiting a BG.?

I find it very very strange the losing team still get's a reward for losing a BG........this current system encourages AFK players to continuously play .
It must be the only game/sport in the world that does this .....except if you are in kindergarden, then everyone get a 'lolly".

Maybe some HP loss or another system.....whatever is done should discourage AFKers
Edited by Gepaepyris on 5/4/2013 2:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
93 Gnome Death Knight
Players on losing professional sports teams still get paid. They don't get away with "afking" though, but only because somebody is watching them and enforcing their contract. In bgs, this is your job- report the afk players and they get booted out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You have to see what kind of effect putting a penalty system in the BG would have on people that BG.

Yes it would get rid of your afkers, but you would also see a lot more premades because no one would want to lose.

The random pvper would hardly get any gear and would probably give up pvp period.

There are more results of a penalty system, but I don't want to speculate the possibilities.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
There are more results of a penalty system, but I don't want to speculate the possibilities.

It's not really speculation when history is on your side.

They tried giving 0 honor for losses and so many people stopped queuing that Blizzard reverted the change.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
OP I agree with you in principle 100%, but the other posters are correct... it would probably increase the # of premades & decrease the number of people queueing.
Reply Quote
I would quit playing. Not empty threat quit, actually quit.

I only pvp. I am stuck on a team of derps way more often then not, when i solo queue.

I can't make them win .....I can sometimes carry a bad group, but not often. If I got no reward for playing my !@# off and then losing, I would stop. Bar none.

The grind for honor gear is too much to rely on a premade team, for me, and since it's not gated by weekly cap, it would only take a matter of days to fall behind and become vicitmized by carry teams in random bgs that could roflstomp any team i could muster up. Leaving me with no honor, no gear, no chance, no reason to play.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I agree, take away honor for losses, make people play to win rather than "lose for quick honor". Hate those !@#$%es... Same thing for RBGs, take away the CP for a loss!

If I got no reward for playing my !@# off and then losing, I would stop. Bar none.

You would still get some...but they should really do away with the bonus honor. No need for an extra 45.
Edited by Jugaa on 5/4/2013 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 03:55 AMPosted by Killadrix

It's not really speculation when history is on your side.

They tried giving 0 honor for losses and so many people stopped queuing that Blizzard reverted the change.

When was this?
Reply Quote
You would still get some...but they should really do away with the bonus honor. No need for an extra 45.

By some you do understand that you get no honor while waiting for a spirit rezz, you also would get none if you were being GY camped and none of theirs died.

I want to see if you still agree with your own ideas now that you are Ally. ;)

Go ahead, I dare you. Gear up a pvp toon and grind honor ally side.

After you've done that, then your opinion on this subject will be meaningful.

Yeah, it sucks having so many derps willing to lose for quick honor ...but alienating the NOT derps isn't going to fix anything.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

If you are not gearing up strictly through AV/IoC ally side, I have no sympathy for u.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Req
Because there are so many bots, and so many bads I wouldnt mind a penalty for losing team at all. Might make those that do pvp be more interested in winning.
Reply Quote
If you are not gearing up strictly through AV/IoC ally side, I have no sympathy for u.

As i said, go for it. Let's see if it works out as picture perfect as you seem to think it will.

I've geared up 3 toons in the past few months ally side. 2 druids and a DK. Not to mention partially gearing an Spriest (my yoons farm slave) and a rogue (dead server toon).

By the time I got to the DK it was absolutely maddening when derp teams did stupid things or when Alliance lost an AV ...although, I do have to admit IoC has been pretty consistent on the wins since alliance learned to take WS. You get more for winning a Random than you do for an IoC specific pick.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Jugaa

I geared in randoms/CtAs on both of my 90s. Any sympathy for me?

From my experience, prior to 5.2, pugging alliance was not as brutal as it seems to be now. I could solo queue and win as many, or more, than I lost. That's a rare and precious thing now (for me).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Any sympathy for me?

If you want some, sure :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Req
Rewards for losing is horrible imho. Just look at rbgs now since adding CP's for losses. You now get teams that will not even be on vent let alone skype, pugs formed just to get some pts for free gear. My main is a RDruid, I rarely play this hunter and I have capped this hunter two weeks in a row joining those pug rbg's.

These groups dont care what the grp makeup is or do a single thing with group coordination. They just go in and hope for the best and to get 50 cp's or more.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Jugaa
Any sympathy for me?

If you want some, sure :)

Nah, compassion, maybe, but no sympathy. I just found it faster (and more enjoyable) to gear with bonus honor battlegrounds than crapfest AV or IoC. If they take losing honor, gearing for honest players becomes a lot more grueling.
Edited by Jadei on 5/4/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Rewards for losing is horrible imho. Just look at rbgs now since adding CP's for losses. You now get teams that will not even be on vent let alone skype, pugs formed just to get some pts for free gear. My main is a RDruid, I rarely play this hunter and I have capped this hunter two weeks in a row joining those pug rbg's.

These groups dont care what the grp makeup is or do a single thing with group coordination. They just go in and hope for the best and to get 50 cp's or more.

0 honor losses will be worse.
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Megabad
Rewards for losing is horrible imho.

05/04/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Megabad
I rarely play this hunter and I have capped this hunter two weeks in a row joining those pug rbg's.

Dude, seriously? You take advantage of the situation and rail against it?

that's kinda not a good thing, from any angle you look at it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]