best caster 5.3??

90 Tauren Warrior
I want to try a caster so I recently leveled my priest to 90
My friend says that shadow is getting nerfed really hard in 5.3 and that I should level my mage who is currently 85.
My question is how badly are spriests getting nerfed next patch and what do you think will be the best caster?
Edited by Aggonizer on 5/4/2013 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well mages never get nerfed and they're really powerful so that's always a good choice.

But even with all of the huge nerfs to spriests they will still be good.

Play whichever class you like better, don't choose classes based on how good they are.. it could change in a few patches, you know?
Reply Quote
With the best survivability from epic self heals, massive damage, and best cc in game, Destro Locks will be top caster 5.3!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I would say mage but you said caster.
Reply Quote
43 Human Hunter

I peed a little.
Edited by Carleathana on 5/4/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage

Frost Bomb is a cast. :)

There ya go, sport. Gotta increase that knowledge of other classes! =D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
05/04/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Banaritaz

Frost Bomb is a cast. :)

There ya go, sport. Gotta increase that knowledge of other classes! =D

lol you must not know about nether tempest or living bomb.

anyway, you know what he meant.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
try ele shaman, there aren't enough of those to roll around in their blood
I was going to main on my spriest from the beginning of MoP, even managed to get one to 90 on the beta, decided on warlock though and I wish i had stuck with my plan of spriest
Edited by Lysern on 5/5/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Warlocks seem like they will be pretty good, and so do ele shamans. Mages will probably be top, with spriest about the same as the aforementioned classes.
Edited by Sleepyx on 5/5/2013 3:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
43 Orc Hunter
SPriest will be fine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

LMAO
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

Mages actually act like they take offense to that while spamming icelance and saying they get trained to much to cast. Yet others such as locks get off Chaos Bolt (hence screenies of it destroying people) Ele Shammies have to hard cast outside of RNG Proc and my time as ele you either get leveled or melt someone because you had a string of RNG better then anyone could wish for.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
no clue why people are thinking mages are gods 5.3.. they're not getting any buffs. the only good comp they have is getting nerfed because of spriests losing MD/swap which = rdruid nerfs also.

the only other decent mage comps are like rmp or mls, which aren't even top tier... and rogues are getting nerfed also

but hey, mages 1 shot the world so yeah, mages are best at 1200
Edited by Smoovie on 5/5/2013 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the only other decent mage comps are like rmp or mls, which aren't even top tier... and rogues are getting nerfed also

RMP has no counter, so unless rogues really get hammered by nerfs RMP will absolutely dominate ladders again next patch. Only reason they don't now given the absurd state of rogues is that spriests are even more absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Mages for sure with spriests being a close second, nowhere near where they are this season though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
With the best survivability from epic self heals, massive damage, and best cc in game, Destro Locks will be top caster 5.3!

This is a very real possibility. Elemental shamans also have a surprisingly high representation in high rated 3s compared to their overall population.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/05/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Romavictor

RMP has no counter, so unless rogues really get hammered by nerfs RMP will absolutely dominate ladders again next patch. Only reason they don't now given the absurd state of rogues is that spriests are even more absurd.

As someone who wants rogues completely removed from the game...I would be lying is I said I thought they weren't going to feel the effect of their nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
no clue why people are thinking mages are gods 5.3.. they're not getting any buffs. the only good comp they have is getting nerfed because of spriests losing MD/swap which = rdruid nerfs also.

but hey, mages 1 shot the world so yeah, mages are best at 1200

Lol, who are you? There's no way that is your mage considering all this "knowledge" of high-end PvP you have. Seems to me like you just look at the top 50 on your battlegroup and judge from there... terrible.

EDIT: I think you got a high rating last season like every other terrible frost mage and now that the meta has shifted, you suck again. good luck with that.
Edited by Lumenz on 5/5/2013 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]