dungeons are too easy

90 Undead Priest
thats it, even when you star heroics with the minimal gear you can't even notice any dificult at all, the best challenge we can get is a timed run?

dont care about LFR tank spank bosses sucks, and qhen the minimal movemento required ones comes up people wipe because of baddies that dont know how to move since they never had in basic/heroics dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
thats it, even when you star heroics with the minimal gear you can't even notice any dificult at all, the best challenge we can get is a timed run?

dont care about LFR tank spank bosses sucks, and qhen the minimal movemento required ones comes up people wipe because of baddies that dont know how to move since they never had in basic/heroics dungeons

What do you want .. super hard? i don't feel like wiping for 4 hours in a 5 man because some mouth breather healer doesn't know how to heal, and thinks that healing = renew and, going afk. as disc..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
The game has changed. Character dynamics have changed. Gear progression has changed. The allocation of difficulty has changed. Time investment has changed.

I have a feeling I wouldn't want to be stuck in a challenging PvE environment with someone who uses the word Baddies anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Hello Kitty online actually has more difficulty random content than wow now (A sad fact)

blizzard put all it's eggs in challenge modes, but they undertuned those, and within the first patch, class changes nerfed them to the point they're prances through a garden.
Edited by Azane on 5/5/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Personally I'd like to see one or 2 dungeons that are actually challenging, stuff with a BRD type of set up, that actually drops gear you can use to upgrade lol. Hell, blizz can even take those 1 or 2 dungeons out of the LFD rotation and make it so you have to pick 5 people manually to do it. It would be a lot more interesting, whereas now blizz is pretty much giving up on 5 mans - if they made them any more challenging, casuals would quit, but instead they are so easy, that even the casuals get bored and don't want to run them.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight

I happen to like easy. I find easy to be very fun.
I find it sad that some one has to have a challenge for some thing to be fun for them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
If you were part of cataclysm at launch...pain.in.the.!@#.

I loved the difficulty, I hated the wipes & hoping I didn't get grim batol or Throne of tides because the people are terrible. And when I did god I hoped the dps or tanks weren't terrible.

But they were as usual, what can you expect. Even with guildies as a group coming RIGHT out of questing it was still pretty difficult.

TBC was worse, especially in low cc groups.

Challenge modes exist for this reason.

OT: I noticed that besides more boss health, the dungeons are actually easier than their normal counterparts. Heroic speaking. In normal MSV or Shado pan I have a higher chance of wiping.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
If you were part of cataclysm at launch...pain.in.the.!@#.

I loved the difficulty, I hated the wipes & hoping I didn't get grim batol or Throne of tides because the people are terrible. And when I did god I hoped the dps or tanks weren't terrible.

But they were as usual, what can you expect. Even with guildies as a group coming RIGHT out of questing it was still pretty difficult.

TBC was worse, especially in low cc groups.

Challenge modes exist for this reason.

OT: I noticed that besides more boss health, the dungeons are actually easier than their normal counterparts. Heroic speaking. In normal MSV or Shado pan I have a higher chance of wiping.

funfact botanica normal without cc requires more healing than heroic Wrath instances and most normal cata instances.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
the best challenge we can get is a timed run?

You realize those timed runs are with buffed bosses in gear that's lowered to 463, and the time limits are fairly short. I don't think you have really tried them, and are only guessing they are like running the normal one with a time limit.

Also, if you want a challenge go join a heroic raiding guild. That is where the real challenge is going to be found. Random 5 mans are not the place for hard, grueling content. You think LFR is bad just wait til you see random group 5 mans that are difficult.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Druid
Yes dungeon are way too easy. I'm not asking to get the original version of Shattered hall heroic, or Alcatraz Heroic (those were very challenging and very fun, but only elite could do them)

All I'm asking for is that from level 15 to level 90 I can learn my class, and learn how to use it well, so when I reach 90 and I enter raids, I know how to play my class.

For starter, make the mobs hit harder from the start I want the mobs in RFC to 1 shot the hunter pet, 3 shot a DPS, 2 shot the healer, and 10 shot the tank. This way so the hunter pet can no longer tank, the furry warrior can no longer tank, so the cat form druid can no longer tank, so the moonkin form druid can no longer tank.

Yes we might not be able to chain pull anymore so the dungeon will take a bit more time to do is that that much of a deal? if yes, reduce the number of pull? so we can still do the dungeon in the same amount of time, but the tank will have to tank, and the DPS will have to DPS and the healer will have to heal.

Then starting around dungeon level 20 start some boss mechanics, maybe fire patch(or void zone, poison pool, etc...) on the ground, not necessary fire that will kill the DPS within 5 seconds, we are still learning, give them 20 second to move out before dieing to it? so people can learn to move out of them? by level 25 reduce that timing to 10 second and at level 30 reduce it to 5 second?
At level 35 start to put some movement fights, where people need to stack together, and spread, again start simple where people wouldn't die if they fail, but it would put a stress on the healer, and increase difficulty. around lvl 45 start mixing fire patch and movements? around 50 start with interactive environment (pressing button to cause an interrupt or to reduce the amount of fire patch on the ground, or to cause a trap to spring on the boss etc...) again start easy, where if you fail it just stress the healer, or make the fight harder, but do not cause a wipe, and scale it gradually to get harder and harder.

If my learning curve is too harsh we could slow it down, we do have all the way to level 90 to learn to play our class. Yes it will make the dungeon harder, but if it done well, with a good learning curve, even the casual player will be able to learn it, and get good. This way when we go on LFR we might get better player who know there class. Yes it won't solve all the problem, the guy who level up without going in dungeon, or the guy who level up as DPS then respecc tank when he start heroic won't benefit from this learning curve, but still it could be something to thing about, that would improved the average skill level of the players in LFR/LFD etc...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I find it sad that some one has to have a challenge for some thing to be fun for them.

I think heroics are more fun when your geared, its always fun doing our post raid night heroic for valor and bringing 5 people with a 520+ ilvl and just aoe pulling an entire dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

I honestly do not understand you as a person.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
@ Malfuriona, the problem is Blizz's philosophy on improving player skill: its not necessary to play WoW, but if they care enough they'll go learn themselves. No reason to force people to improve and they rage quit because its "hard".

Because dungeons can be entered through random groups you have to tune them to be difficult to the lowest skilled players. If you're bad enough you can wipe on these heroics. Yes, for those who have fond memories of difficult dungeons, its disappointing to see what they've become but realize that Blizz has moved heroics to a different audience.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest

Seriously, why is having fun with a challenge sad? Why can't it just be the way someone enjoys the game?
Edited by Tristarae on 5/6/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/05/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Supahotfiyah
Personally I'd like to see one or 2 dungeons that are actually challenging

But there's a big problem in setting up heroics so that there is a range of "challenge" within the group. In the pre-LFD days, it was fine. You were setting up a 5man group for a specific dungeon, so if you were looking for Heroic Arcatraz, people knew what they were getting into, and wouldn't be expecting something on the level of Blood Forge.

In the random-group, queue for random situation we have now (does anyone ever choose a specific heroic?), if most heroics are faceroll easy, but a few are "you better know wha's up" difficult, then you end up with too much variation in your runs. You queue up, and when you get one of the "hard" ones, it goes ...

A. Everyone knows what's up, so it goes well.
B. Half the group zones in, says "I hate GB" and drops group
C. You start, then realize that half the group has no idea what's going on and you wipe repeatedly.

For an in-game example of this, put yourself back in the latter days of Cataclysm. After the faceroll easy Hour of Twilight "heroics" were put in, Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub were shuffled in with the rest of the heroics. Now, even though the Cata base heroics were a challenge compared to the Wrath and MoP heroics, they were a cakewalk compared to ZA/ZG. So you'd queue for LFD, and as the group zoned into ZG ... [Blahblah] has left the group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I would rather content in which you can que and be grouped with strangers be set to the low thresholds of difficulty. To be blunt some people do not care and will not change, and there is the possibility there is no communication because your server is grouped with non English servers.

Heck there are some groups that even fail the so called fail proof heroics of MOP. Ever do arms master in scarlet monastary and have all 4 other people die to his avoidable insta jib? Ever repeat that same thing even though you tell them how to do it? Ever have that group fall apart to get replacements that do the exact same thing?
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Druid
I would rather content in which you can que and be grouped with strangers be set to the low thresholds of difficulty. To be blunt some people do not care and will not change, and there is the possibility there is no communication because your server is grouped with non English servers.

Heck there are some groups that even fail the so called fail proof heroics of MOP. Ever do arms master in scarlet monastery and have all 4 other people die to his avoidable insta jib? Ever repeat that same thing even though you tell them how to do it? Ever have that group fall apart to get replacements that do the exact same thing?

Why not give those bad players the regular and give player who want a challenge heroic mode? even for level up content. you'll get RFC regular for level 13-16 where the hunter pet can tank the boss, and the rogue can heal with bandage and drop green quality equipment, then heroic RFC, where the big magma worm boss drop fire patch on the ground, but drop blue gear?
Edited by Malfuriona on 5/6/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello Kitty online actually has more difficulty random content than wow now (A sad fact)

You do understand the idea that Hello Kitty isn't intended for people that play a game like WoW seriously, right?

Only reason Hello Kitty is so easy for you is because you're used to playing WoW, but for a child that played Hello Kitty to play WoW for the first time and attempt to reach the same basis of understanding that you have for it in parallel to you playing Hello Kitty in an attempt to reach their understanding of it, it's not going to be very even.

Now stop comparing apples to oranges. They're both fruits, just like Hello Kitty & WoW are online games, and that's the limit of their similarity.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Unfortunately with the LFD system, it has to be easy or it would just be a mess (cata dungeons at launch).

It sucks that they're way too easy (really don't need a tank if your healer is good), but it makes sense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]