Archaeology Problems

90 Tauren Paladin
So, I've been doing archaeology on this toon since it first came out in cata. I've finished all the night elf rare finds yet I still seem to be constantly getting only night elf dig sites. I have next to nothing finished from the Tol'vir but their sites never seem to appear.

My friend tells me that since he finished all the night elf finds he doesn't get them nearly as often. Could there be a problem with my account (I did realm transfer not too long ago) or is this just RNG?

Edit: In the time since this post I have done 6-7 night elf dig sites and all but one of them spawned another night elf dig. The single dig that wasn't night elf was a fossil dig.
Edited by Forddon on 5/3/2013 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Dig in Pandaria. Trade in your finds for Tol'Vir fragments. Don't worry about other continents.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
There is so much less travel time in Pandaria and the sites are so much smaller that even though you basically only get 1 dig's worth of pre-mop fragments per site, it's still faster.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
That's what I had been doing until my friend told me how many Tol'vir dig sites he was getting. I can keep digging in Pandaria I guess I just was wondering if he was lucky or if there might be some kind of problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Archaeology is RNG on RNG on RNG... So for two people to get the same results is very improbably. There are probably people in here that are still digging for Zin'Rokh from the first day of Cataclysm. My wife got it as her first rare after MOP was released. Her third Archaeology rare ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]