LFR Lei-Shen - are you KIDDING me?

90 Draenei Paladin
Honestly, props on creating an excellent scripted current end-game boss encounter....but even when it is nerfed to the ground, how do you expect people in LFR to complete this boss?

You are sticking 25 people, 10 of which don't even speak English, odds are none of which have interacted or will interact in WoW previously - and you expect them to follow all of these mechanics successfully?

LFR is here for a reason. It is to give people who's lives are not suited for dedicated raid days / hours a chance to experience WoW and a chance to upgrade their character (the whole point of playing PvE) - defeats the purpose when you create a boss that 90% of LFR groups are physically incapable of defeating - EVEN WITH THE WE SUCK BUFF!

I am not here to suggest fixes, i am just here to vent after wasting several hours bashing my head against the terribles that make up a large amount of the LFR population.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Quit running with morons. Get some friends.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The last few times I've been in there we've killed it in a single pull with only a handful of deaths. Remarkable what three minutes' worth of explanation before the fight can do for a success rate.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
i'm amazed with people that can't dedicate 5-8 hours for a 2 night a week raiding guild yet can muster 20-30+ hours a week anyways to play WOW while simultaneously making elaborate forum posts everywhere

Hey, having to set aside 5-8 hours a week is hard, ok.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

LFR is here for a reason. It is to give people who's lives are not suited for dedicated raid days / hours a chance to experience WoW and a chance to upgrade their character (the whole point of playing PvE) - defeats the purpose when you create a boss that 90% of LFR groups are physically incapable of defeating - EVEN WITH THE WE SUCK BUFF!

And that's what they did. LFR caters to the casuals. What LFR does not do is cater to the people who have difficulty tying their own shoelaces or not choking on their food. I don't know where the idea of casual equaling bad came from, but people on the forums seem to tout that comparison a lot.

Casuals can beat LFR. People who are terrible at the game are generally beyond help since they usually won't take advice, learn the fights, or stop asking for nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
i'm amazed with people that can't dedicate 5-8 hours for a 2 night a week raiding guild yet can muster 20-30+ hours a week anyways to play WOW while simultaneously making elaborate forum posts everywhere

I can play every night of the week, does that mean i can sign up to do a raid every night? No because they I no longer have the option to do anything else that night. Its about signing away that time slot every week indefinitely versus playing when you can and want to.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Honestly, props on creating an excellent scripted current end-game boss encounter....but even when it is nerfed to the ground, how do you expect people in LFR to complete this boss?

You are sticking 25 people, 10 of which don't even speak English, odds are none of which have interacted or will interact in WoW previously - and you expect them to follow all of these mechanics successfully?

I am not here to suggest fixes, i am just here to vent after wasting several hours bashing my head against the terribles that make up a large amount of the LFR population.

That's funny, my group one-shot it this week.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I can play every night of the week, does that mean i can sign up to do a raid every night? No because they I no longer have the option to do anything else that night. Its about signing away that time slot every week indefinitely versus playing when you can and want to.

I raid 3-4 nights of the week (2 hours night).

You don't need to raid everyday for 4-12 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
05/03/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Nobuna

Where on earth did you get me saying you have to raid for 4-12 hours everyday or anything like that?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Korbain
defeats the purpose when you create a boss that 90% of LFR groups are physically incapable of defeating

90%, eh?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/03/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Nobuna

It's not play-time, it's the concept of dedication. The fact that raiders basically have to prioritize their raid nights over everything else in their power schedule-wise.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
You just need someone to step up and lead. Out of 25 people, surely one person can do it. If you're PO'd about it, then you should step up and lead it. The first week this became available, my grp 2-shotted it with me simply splitting up the groups beforehand, and then saying "take him to X.... okay, take him to Y..... okay, take him to Z". It's not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
1 shot it on both alts this week, assign groups before the first pull and it's a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Not so easy when your schedule constantly changes. While I can assume that I'll get to play 3 or 4 nights a week, I can't guarantee which nights those are.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Not so easy when your schedule constantly changes. While I can assume that I'll get to play 3 or 4 nights a week, I can't guarantee which nights those are.

We raid 3 nights a week and have some members who cant attend on certain nights due to work or other personal conflicts. So we take other people this may mean that you miss out on killing some bosses in a week but you will still get a chance to raid on the other nights. Im sure you know a day or two in advance that you cant make it and can let people know. Find a flexible raiding guild that has 2-3 extra people it uses to make up for people who cant attend

05/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Korbain
LFR is here for a reason. It is to give people who's lives are not suited for dedicated raid days / hours a chance to experience WoW and a chance to upgrade their character (the whole point of playing PvE) -

LFR is there to let causal or less skilled players experience the raiding content and the story that is attached to it that without being able to raid normals they might miss out on. Just because you raid does not mean you will get gear to upgrade your character you can do a full normal raid and not get a piece of gear just like with lfr.

Learning a fight and wiping is a big part of normal raiding and just like with garalon when people get better gear and most of the lfr people learn whats going on the fights will become easier. I see this as blizz giving you a more authentic raiding experience so you should be thanking them.
Edited by Faradae on 5/4/2013 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The difficulty is fine. Groups are already 1-shotting him. The sky is not falling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
He isn't that hard. LFR pugs are just slow learners.
Edited by Vindicare on 5/4/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If you're a tank and you know what you're doing, you can keep Lei Shen the whole time and save everyone a lot of headaches. Of course, you can't save the derps who stand in Thunderstruck or run away from everyone with Static Shock. Still, it works for the most part.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]