LFR Lei-Shen - are you KIDDING me?

90 Blood Elf Priest
05/03/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Dezie

I raid 3-4 nights of the week (2 hours night).

You don't need to raid everyday for 4-12 hours.

It's not play-time, it's the concept of dedication. The fact that raiders basically have to prioritize their raid nights over everything else in their power schedule-wise.

Move to a server that isn't dead, and pug.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The last few times I've been in there we've killed it in a single pull with only a handful of deaths. Remarkable what three minutes' worth of explanation before the fight can do for a success rate

this
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
1-shot him this week. Our LFR raid expressed some mild surprise/pleasure, then all left.

Just another day in WoW.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
heres how you make life easy on everyone:

put a raid marker at the 4 quadrants

tell group 1/2/3/4 to go to each mark with a healer in each group

spread out with your group, stack for static shock/overcharge only, stand in swirlies (to catch bolts)

if people can do this the rest is just aoe'ing adds and tunneling lei shen. yeah, people dont always listen, but if most people know where to go it will go 100x smoother.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

spread out with your group, stack for static shock/overcharge only, stand in swirlies (to catch bolts)

Exactly what I do/tell my LFR grps. I suggest people macro the spread/stacking part to spam. Dragging a healer into each group also helps a lot.
Edited by Digerati on 5/5/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Lei Shen is fine, well maybe 5% off from fine... but well within the realm of possibility.

But, I'm tired of the jackasses that respond to these threads with stupidity like:

Quit running with morons. Get some friends.

It is LFR! Morons are as common as bags of gold. Its more moronic than the mouth breathers you seem to dislike so much.
Edited by Vear on 5/5/2013 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Exactly what I do/tell my LFR grps. I suggest people macro the spread/stacking part to spam. Dragging a healer into each group also helps a lot.

Mark 4 corners:

Group 1 blue
Group 2 red
Group 3 green
Group 4 purple
Group 5 float

Stack in swirls, static shocks, and when someone gets big. Get out of thunderstruck and whips. Like every other ToT encounter, Adds > boss. Stack and burn down balls. Don't stand in broken panels after 2nd phases. Gather bags of gold on your way out.
Edited by Vear on 5/5/2013 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Orc Hunter
It takes longer to fill a LFR Lei shein raid group that it takes to actually kill him.

Really he is not that bad and a clear explanation of the fight with markers set up around the room makes a world of difference.

Long beserk timer too so you can lose DPS early and still down him
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Havent had more than a couple wipes on him in the past 2 weeks, first week was pretty failtastic, but people learn, human beings learn, the more people with experience and knowledge in a group, the greater chance of success. the odds of 0/25 people having fight knowledge on lei shen now, is nearly 0.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
And yet every week he goes down dozens of times in LFR.
Personally, I think its fine, its nice to see raid bosses being made that requires some level of strategy. Even in LFR, if your in that run, you should be up for the challenge.
Besides, raids use to wipe multiple times regularly even outside of lfr. A couple of wipes doesnt hurt anyone, if anything it builds character.
Reply Quote
Having to set aside dedicated time at specific points is a lot harder than jumping in LFR whenever free time presents itself, especially if you're not a single person working a 9-5.

He's fine though, you just sometimes have to explain to PUGs how the mechanics work.

My only grievance with Lei Shen is that I don't need any of the drops but I really need the first two bosses of Pinnacle, but I get put in Lei Shen groups every time. QQ.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
The problem is not the encounter, it's just become the time wasted. I've powered through a kill on 2 toons every week now in LFR. This week we went in with 24 ppl premade raid and 1-shot it. But now I'm pugging it on my priest. I've been inside the zone for 20 minutes now, and we haven't even cleared trash, constantly losing 10-15 ppl, waiting for more to zone in, just to lose them again. I don't have 5 hours to wait to kill this boss tonight.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
The problem is not the encounter, it's just become the time wasted. I've powered through a kill on 2 toons every week now in LFR. This week we went in with 24 ppl premade raid and 1-shot it. But now I'm pugging it on my priest. I've been inside the zone for 20 minutes now, and we haven't even cleared trash, constantly losing 10-15 ppl, waiting for more to zone in, just to lose them again. I don't have 5 hours to wait to kill this boss tonight.

The group I joined on my alt yesterday actually didn't clear the trash. They ran through to the teleporter and went down to Lei Shen platform. We killed him on the 3rd attempt (first 2, some people AFK or DC'd during fight). Then I requeued and got a fresh run *gasp*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
05/05/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Autumni

The group I joined on my alt yesterday actually didn't clear the trash. They ran through to the teleporter and went down to Lei Shen platform. We killed him on the 3rd attempt (first 2, some people AFK or DC'd during fight). Then I requeued and got a fresh run *gasp*

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

You cannot get a fresh run after killing Lei Shen!!!! The forums say so!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You just need someone to step up and lead. Out of 25 people, surely one person can do it. If you're PO'd about it, then you should step up and lead it. The first week this became available, my grp 2-shotted it with me simply splitting up the groups beforehand, and then saying "take him to X.... okay, take him to Y..... okay, take him to Z". It's not that hard.

One problem with that is that some people don't listen and just pull the boss anyway not waiting for an explanation and then leave after ranting on about "htf did we mess up?". Its thosw guys that ruin the whole raid for the rest of the group, no matter of how good you are at leading or how much experience you had with the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
The first time i faced Lei Shen in LFR we wiped 4 times before killing him, the second time we got it in the first try. You have to remember sometimes there are people in LFR going there for the first time in their lives, so it's always good to give them a good explanation of the mechanics before pulling the boss and expecting everyone to do everything correct. The mechanic for Lei Shen's fight is very easy..
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I am not here to suggest fixes, i am just here to vent after wasting several hours bashing my head against the terribles that make up a large amount of the LFR population.

Well, I'm one of those terribles you disdain, yet, aside from a few wipes the first week each the new LFR was released, I haven't seen a lot of problems. Most runs have been quick, easy and fun, with very few exceptions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]