LFR Lei-Shen - are you KIDDING me?

MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
The last few times I've been in there we've killed it in a single pull with only a handful of deaths. Remarkable what three minutes' worth of explanation before the fight can do for a success rate.

this. throw out 4 raid flares and go "group 1 here, 2 here, 3 here, 4 here, 5 do whatever"
then pull it. lei shen is a nightmare if you try to free for all it but that 3 minutes to explain it and the fight is not hard. and make sure tank knows how to move the boss to avoid leveling up pillars incorrectly.
Edited by Omegal on 5/6/2013 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Im still not seeing this progress on Lei'Shen that others are reporting. Oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Decided to bite the bullet, and queue for Pinnacle this weekend.

Of course I got a group at Lei Shen. They hadn't pulled him yet.

First attempt, 4% wipe because a tank fell off in P2 and the other tank kept pulling him from one side of the platform to the other, so he kept ranging his healers.

Second attempt, wiped because the tank kept ranging his healers.

Third attempt, the ranging tank left, next tank came in, said "don't know what I'm doing" as soon as we pulled (could have said it 5 minutes before the pull).

Fourth attempt, clueless tank was kicked (I didn't have a part in it), new tank showed up. Asked how to do it, everyone told him, killed Lei Shen.

I'm okay with 4 attempts to kill him, but that's just me. Probably would have killed him on Attempt 1 if DPS actually moved out of Thunderstruck, but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My dates with Lei-Shen:

Week one: No way.

Week two: Guild LFR run. 2-shot.

Week three: Finally downed after someone did great instructions and yelled what to do during the fight. We had 4-det. He was a rogue and said, "hard to dps and type"...he did 173k dps. >_< Great time.

Last nite: The great banquet went down written in Spanish. After 2 wipes, someone dropped a Jarvas - found out that's Portuguese for Jeeves. The warrior who died with me in the lighting pool died again next attempt, even after I was saying "oops wrong blue pool" - he didn't speak English. We had Big people running away from the group stacking.

I patiently stayed and kept up cheerful chatter and made a pally fanboi.

We got him at 5-det. Even with the language problem and tank falling off the platform, we made it. Cost me triple the gold bag reward but it got done.

Need more stubborn perseverance. =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/03/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Dezie

I raid 3-4 nights of the week (2 hours night).

You don't need to raid everyday for 4-12 hours.

It's not play-time, it's the concept of dedication. The fact that raiders basically have to prioritize their raid nights over everything else in their power schedule-wise.

This.

Yes, I generally have nights free to play WoW. However, that said I don't WANT to have to schedule those nights away to raiding, especially if I decide that night I want to do something else.

I did that from Classic until Cataclysm, and I got very tired of it. I like to raid, I enjoy the Lore in said raids, and I enjoy the boss encounters. What I don't enjoy is having to essentially prioritize that night to raiding, even if I don't feel like it that particular night. Thus, LFR to me is god's gift to man. I can still enjoy WoW, and raid, and get gear, but I can do it at my leisure and pace, and not have to worry about scheduling or dedicating my night to raiding.

To some people that means I don't "Deserve" to raid. And to those people, all I really say is "That's nice, I'm gonna go play WoW now kthx."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
05/03/2013 09:49 PMPosted by Arianity
defeats the purpose when you create a boss that 90% of LFR groups are physically incapable of defeating

90%, eh?

112% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
05/08/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Delrancho

90%, eh?

112% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Only 70% of the time.
Reply Quote
In my experience, I'm seeing that the earlier in the week I run ToT Pinnacle, the more trivial the encounter becomes.

I ran ToT Pinnacle yesterday in the early afternoon. Got a fresh run (more reason to run it as early as possible) and we wiped twice on Lei Shin.

The first time was b/c we lost 4 DPS to the very first Thunderstruck in phase 1 and then lost another 7 to Lightning Whip in phase 3. Even with that, we managed to get him to the last phase down to about 25%. The second time, we were overrun by adds b/c one group apparently forgot about the swirlies in the transition phase. We went at it a third time and down him with zero deaths.

Thus, I'd call it progress, since last week, it took 4 attempts and the week before that, 7 attempts (although that was later in the week). I'm also noticing a LOT less chatter. In previous weeks, every wipe would initiate a 10 minute argument about tactics and finger-pointing. This week, we went to Lei Shin, raid leader posted group assignments, and then pulled. There was literally no extraneous chatter even after the wipes. Just post group assignments and then pull.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
1 shot, always do it on Tuesday if possible. You'll get people who care and want to kill it fast.

I would greatly enjoy watching LFR groups attempt even normal Lei Shen.
Edited by Zikx on 5/8/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i'm amazed with people that can't dedicate 5-8 hours for a 2 night a week raiding guild yet can muster 20-30+ hours a week anyways to play WOW while simultaneously making elaborate forum posts everywhere

Its not that we cant make the time to do these things its that we cant make the time to do them on a set schedule, I cannot commit 2 nights a week every week to playing this game. believe me I SOOO wish I could, but my work & family doesn't allow me to do so anymore. I used to be able to raid not just one but 3 chars every week because I had no life, now I have one...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The biggest problem in this fight comes for the substantially more difficult role of tanks compared to all other LFR fights.

If you have two bad tanks, good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/08/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Quandery
i'm amazed with people that can't dedicate 5-8 hours for a 2 night a week raiding guild yet can muster 20-30+ hours a week anyways to play WOW while simultaneously making elaborate forum posts everywhere

Its not that we cant make the time to do these things its that we cant make the time to do them on a set schedule, I cannot commit 2 nights a week every week to playing this game. believe me I SOOO wish I could, but my work & family doesn't allow me to do so anymore. I used to be able to raid not just one but 3 chars every week because I had no life, now I have one...

The part that confuses me is...why not join pugs, or a guild that doesnt require a set raiding schedule? (They do exist)

I can understand not wanting to, but not even looking confuses me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]