Quitting For Good, Here's Why!

90 Draenei Monk
So there is no doubt that this game is not exactly balanced and with 5.2 and the changes to monks fistweaving pretty much being gutted was not what I wanted but I kept in mind that blizzard acts with future in hand and so I have faith that fistweaving will be ok and even desired.

That all being said im a very passionate fistweaver I even made it to rank 6 in the brawlers guild as a fistweaver with ilvl 463 this week. The reason why I am quitting is because today after farming sunwell for hours to get the very unique epic fist weapon mounting vengance I learned that when fist weapons are equipped fistweavers attack as if no weapon is on them!

Yes this has been said before but it should be said again that people desire items they crave the ability to display these items in game as a form of trophy system not all desire is in end game gear although for my case its required however when a person goes to get gear it should be used and presented not cast away for no reason.

So yes im very frustrated with blizzard and the lack of fist weapons not showing the reason this is even more paramount for me is i like to play draenei and we do not have a wide selection of fist users so I will be leaving my monk and moving on to classes who actually get to enjoy customized gear that they farmed for and most importantly *View* their weapons effectiveness in combat!

Sincerely,
Sad Draenei Fistweaver

PS. Cya in shaman forums :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just wondering.. when you're fighting a boss, a brawler's guild fight, for example.. exactly how often do you find yourself looking at your toon's hands?

Now, I dont want to be presumptuous... but i'm going to guess the answer to that is never.

So, with that in mind... what, exactly, are you complaining about? that the people watching from the stands cant see your shiny fist weapons? That you cant play around on the target dummy and see your fist weapons?

This is just personal opinion, but this is by far the stupidest reason i've ever heard for rage quitting.

On a side note, I'm deleting my gnome warlock because he keeps his staff on his back while casting instead of using it as a giant wield able epeen like Gandalf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
you stated you already knew this was a problem. Why go and farm a weapon you knew that wasn't going to show? If you where farming for it in hopes blizzard will allow the fist weapons to be shown in the future I would understand but you said you already knew this and you're going to quit because of something you already knew? I do not understand.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Odd thing to quit over.
Reply Quote
24 Human Monk
I thought most weapons didn't display attack animations on monk?

We've also always known that fist weapons are not displayed while sheathed as well.

So with that being said why did you force yourself into a well known situation and then flip the table over as if you were expecting a different result.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
That's quite an odd amount of QQ
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Casual life
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
I'm quitting because i can't see my weapon when i punch.

Holy QQ Batman!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

So yes im very frustrated with blizzard and the lack of fist weapons not showing the reason this is even more paramount for me is i like to play draenei and we do not have a wide selection of fist users so I will be leaving my monk and moving on to classes who actually get to enjoy customized gear that they farmed for and most importantly *View* their weapons effectiveness in combat!

Sincerely,
Sad Draenei Fistweaver

Strange reason to quit a class, but whatever floats your boat.
Reply Quote
The not fighting with any weapons is the whole, and sole reason I'm even contemplating leveling a monk. They even have a Jab glyph so you never have to use a weapon again!

Now if I could just take my shirt off and wear a blind fold......
Edited by Auctionbetti on 5/6/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Well to address everyones concerns i recently came back after a long... vacation? ... and so upon returning I had only one real concern I wanted to use fist weapons and transmog etc im a bit of a aesthetics nut so anyway i found i enjoyed the look of monks most.

I had no idea that fist weapons wouldnt show until i finally farmed up my weapon after reaching 80 it was really depressing cause i had finally started to Love monk style but because that was my whole reason for playing a monk i figuered id give another class a shot.

As for those who say well good riddance it doesnt affect me for X Y or Z reason just know that if i wanted invisible fists id have transmoged them to that effect.

As for do I visually see my weapons? in most cases no not really but when I do id like to enjoy them and enjoy the hardwork I put into composing my set.

Finally, for the attack animations bid I do believe staffs have animations and while I dont anything fancy just the equivalent of them staying on your hands and being visible would probably suffice as long as its nothing awkward texturally I could really care less on how sparkly my moves are.

TLDR; Returnee player, got lvl 80 farmed weapons facepalmed it was invisible :*( sad asthetic based draenei.

PS. just because I care more about looks than stats does not make me a casual so please dont judge a book by its cover, unless its really pretty! :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Can I have your stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
If you quit over something like that then lmao
Reply Quote
Casual life

Semi-Relavent
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945994_363984323701847_853105880_n.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
If you quit over something like that then lmao
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Our fist weapons only show when we attack, not when we're idle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
*sigh*

Yet another "I'm quiting this class" thread.

Really... we don't need to know why you're quitting. We don't need to know THAT you're quitting. The point on which you are quitting has already been beaten so badly, it couldn't even be brought back by the Lich King.

Best of luck. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Maybe if enough of us say that not having a single particular feature does in fact break the game for us then blizzard will put more resources to fixing that issue so that more ppl can play and enjoy the class overall you should be thanking ppl who do not quit a class because its not #1 or some mediocre aspect but someone who leaves because there are things still present that are not where they should be even after it being a known issue for almost half a year.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Maybe if enough of us say that not having a single particular feature does in fact break the game for us then blizzard will put more resources to fixing that issue so that more ppl can play and enjoy the class overall you should be thanking ppl who do not quit a class because its not #1 or some mediocre aspect but someone who leaves because there are things still present that are not where they should be even after it being a known issue for almost half a year.

But there is a difference between a "known issue" and a "known technical limitation". This is a limitation in their eyes. For most fist weapons... not the little claws like our lightning spirit from SEF uses, but the big ones... it doesn't look as good as they want it to.

Yes, it would be nice to see the pretty weapons we work so hard to get. But at the end of the day, are you really going to quit a class you spent time leveling and gearing up, because of not being able to see a weapon on ONE ability? Jab? Really? It's worth that much to you for something you see that little of anyway?

Sometimes you just have to know when to say when and choose your battles. If it's worth that much to you, then I get it. To each their own.

I would rather they spend the resources elsewhere and make this work when it's possible.
Edited by Ro on 5/6/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
You don't see my quitting because of the staff placement on my back. I would seriously love it if it was normally placed but it isn't and I can live with it. Wish they make glyph of jab make my staff upright on my back but I take what I can get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]